U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-23-2019, 12:55 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,622 posts, read 11,702,950 times
Reputation: 4378

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
I know many RINO prosecutors and judges letting these people off with a slap on the wrist. Just because you ran as a “republican” doesn’t make you a true conservative or tough on crime
I have no argument with the premise of your response, but since we dont know what you define as "true" conservative or even if the judge and USD.A. fit it, we can only go by party.

Plus, what makes you think they were liberal ? Remember, you dont go straight from Right to Left, there are ideologies inbetween.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-23-2019, 01:03 PM
 
Location: Georgia
3,862 posts, read 1,447,824 times
Reputation: 2910
I've been saying for years that our courts refuse to keep dangerous and violent criminals locked up. It's continual Probation, light sentences and Parole for those with histories of violent crime. DA's make plea bargains so they can get a "notch" in their belt- while slapping the offender on the wrist. Mental Health Institutions will NOT keep crazies locked up more than a couple of days. They release them with a referral to the local outpatient clinic for meds. Very few follow thru- instead that don't take their meds and use meth, cocaine, etc. Criminals and crazies are not held responsible, and we see the results.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2019, 01:05 PM
 
6,146 posts, read 3,169,876 times
Reputation: 4176
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
I've been saying for years that our courts refuse to keep dangerous and violent criminals locked up. It's continual Probation, light sentences and Parole for those with histories of violent crime. DA's make plea bargains so they can get a "notch" in their belt- while slapping the offender on the wrist. Mental Health Institutions will NOT keep crazies locked up more than a couple of days. They release them with a referral to the local outpatient clinic for meds. Very few follow thru- instead that don't take their meds and use meth, cocaine, etc. Criminals and crazies are not held responsible, and we see the results.
Exactly


Millions of mental defective violent criminals on our streets. Including convicted child sex offenders and convicted murderers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2019, 01:19 PM
 
2,663 posts, read 901,472 times
Reputation: 1859
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...for-shootings/


Philadelphia shooter had multiple arrests for gun charges, attempt murder, kidnapping....

Should have been locked up for life. The six officers wouldn’t have been shot and the city wouldn’t have been terrorized had this low life scum bag been locked up 5 arrests ago
You're right, but I don't know why you cite "liberal" prosecutors. The action you call for is something both liberals and conservatives should agree on - strict enforcement of existing gun laws. As the article states:

"If gun laws are truly the answer to gun violence in America — and in many cases they are — then let’s start with the simple, obvious ones. If you violate gun laws, you will be charged and you will be prosecuted and you will pay the price. In the case of Mr. Hill, you would be in jail."

But they are not going to be locked up for life, so we also need universal background checks so that we can prevent convicted criminals from buying guns once they get out. Why would NRA oppose such a law?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2019, 01:23 PM
 
10,653 posts, read 6,410,099 times
Reputation: 5923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
Judges and liberal prosecutors could be a problem. I don't think mental health has anything to do with it. When a person can kill 30 people with out having to reload, that's a problem.

So the ability that one can kill 30 people without reloading is what drove these individuals to do that ?


The ability to pound a fifth of bourbon , jump into my truck and kill someone , doesn't make me to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2019, 03:14 PM
 
6,146 posts, read 3,169,876 times
Reputation: 4176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
You're right, but I don't know why you cite "liberal" prosecutors. The action you call for is something both liberals and conservatives should agree on - strict enforcement of existing gun laws. As the article states:

"If gun laws are truly the answer to gun violence in America — and in many cases they are — then let’s start with the simple, obvious ones. If you violate gun laws, you will be charged and you will be prosecuted and you will pay the price. In the case of Mr. Hill, you would be in jail."

But they are not going to be locked up for life, so we also need universal background checks so that we can prevent convicted criminals from buying guns once they get out. Why would NRA oppose such a law?
There already are background checks done by feds anytime someone tries to buy again; except private sales
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:25 AM
 
Location: Micronesia
3,221 posts, read 988,219 times
Reputation: 1504
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
There already are background checks done by feds anytime someone tries to buy again; except private sales
They want all private transactions federally controlled and cost prohibitive as well.
No more private citizen transactions, loaning to family members, friends in need, no grandpa's hand me down, etc.
That's why some keep parroting the "gun show loophole" lie.

I knew folks in WA, who were turned into criminals overnight with this law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:04 AM
 
10,126 posts, read 4,744,849 times
Reputation: 5617
Our local judges were told by the state not to send anyone to prison unless absolutely necessary. The prisons are full. Maybe if they would release the ones in there for pot, they might have room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 03:37 PM
 
Location: Missouri
3,806 posts, read 3,124,071 times
Reputation: 1637
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
So the ability that one can kill 30 people without reloading is what drove these individuals to do that ?


The ability to pound a fifth of bourbon , jump into my truck and kill someone , doesn't make me to it.
People can kill with just about anything. But guns seem to be the most favored method. Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top