Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 09:30 AM

33,077 posts, read 12,337,238 times

Advertisements

https://politicalwire.com/2019/08/23...sidential-bid/

^^^^^ There is also a link on that page to a Washington Post story on the subject.

(Oops on my part. Mods feel free to move this to the Elections Forum)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2019, 09:34 AM

4,630 posts, read 1,930,590 times
I think his problems could be said in a single word. WHO?

Old 08-23-2019, 09:53 AM

16,964 posts, read 12,536,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
I think his problems could be said in a single word. WHO?
You win this thread. Had to read who he was.

Old 08-23-2019, 10:51 AM

15,742 posts, read 6,451,442 times
I learn more about these guys when they drop out than I do when they're running. Irony. He looks like a decent guy: decorated military vet, family man, and Harvard educated. Maybe he should run for governor of Mass.?

Old 08-23-2019, 11:13 AM

26,650 posts, read 28,563,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I learn more about these guys when they drop out than I do when they're running. Irony. He looks like a decent guy: decorated military vet, family man, and Harvard educated. Maybe he should run for governor of Mass.?
I'm from MA and yes, he is wonderful. He has been organizing and supporting vets to run for office all over the country. As a veteran himself, he believes that a veteran will put country first, not money, not special interests, but the COUNTRY.

He is a family man and they have a very young child. He's down to earth and sensible. He's friendly and is one of the people. Thing is, I don't know if he has the "connections" to get to be elected to anything. He's just a nice guy, a decent and good guy, not some sleazy politician type. And maybe he lacks charisma--he doesn't holler and scream or make a scene. He is just like a regular guy. Maybe we can remember the name SETH MOULTON for election to some sort of office, maybe the House of Representatives someday? Those of us in MA need to oust some of the far left and get a good guy like Seth Moulton.

Old 08-23-2019, 12:19 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,129,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I'm from MA and yes, he is wonderful. He has been organizing and supporting vets to run for office all over the country. As a veteran himself, he believes that a veteran will put country first, not money, not special interests, but the COUNTRY.

He is a family man and they have a very young child. He's down to earth and sensible. He's friendly and is one of the people. Thing is, I don't know if he has the "connections" to get to be elected to anything. He's just a nice guy, a decent and good guy, not some sleazy politician type. And maybe he lacks charisma--he doesn't holler and scream or make a scene. He is just like a regular guy. Maybe we can remember the name SETH MOULTON for election to some sort of office, maybe the House of Representatives someday? Those of us in MA need to oust some of the far left and get a good guy like Seth Moulton.

Umm Seth Moulton is in the House of Representative - he's my rep and has served the 6th MA district since 2014. His plan is to focus on re-election to his current seat in 2020.

Old 08-23-2019, 01:05 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,388,936 times
Quote:
Mr. Moulton is a Democrat, but with what you described about him, don't such traits usu. get pictured among Republicans not Democrats?

Old 08-23-2019, 01:07 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,957,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
https://politicalwire.com/2019/08/23...sidential-bid/

^^^^^ There is also a link on that page to a Washington Post story on the subject.

(Oops on my part. Mods feel free to move this to the Elections Forum)
Who?

Old 08-23-2019, 01:29 PM

33,077 posts, read 12,337,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Served his country in a hazardous war zone - something Trump dodged 5-6 times for severe malady (bone spurs). Americans are clueless, aren't they?

I don't know anything about bone spurs.

If they are something that cause some people great pain, I feel bad for anyone who suffers great pain from them.

I feel bad because such people, if they exist, might get much less (perhaps even zero) public sympathy due to Trump's fake bone spurs claim.

Old 08-23-2019, 02:04 PM

15,499 posts, read 10,444,305 times
Quote:
No kidding, I had never heard of him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies