U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2019, 01:04 PM

3,540 posts, read 1,386,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Executed? Sounds like you are the one that's deranged.

You are 100% correct. It appears that by President Trump living rent free inside the minds of TDS sufferers, they now posses the ability to know what President Trump is thinking and therefore they can communicate what they think he is thinking, then attribute the thoughts to President Trump, insinuating that is either what he said or what he wants.

The DSM seriously should include TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) as a classified mental disorder.

Old 08-23-2019, 01:04 PM

1,016 posts, read 546,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
You are 100% correct. It appears that by President Trump living rent free inside the minds of TDS sufferers, they now posses the ability to know what President Trump is thinking and therefore they can communicate what they think he is thinking, then attribute the thoughts to President Trump, insinuating that is either what he said or what he wants.

The DSM seriously should include TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) as a classified mental disorder.
Let me know how you react if a Democrat president ever (hereby orders) anything

Last edited by jbtornado; 08-23-2019 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 08-23-2019, 01:09 PM

33,528 posts, read 17,174,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9999 View Post
The MSM is already misquoting President Trump. The specific words were "start looking for an alternative to China." News reporters can't seem to simply accurately repeat those words though. They instead are saying it was:

- get out of China
- stop working with China
- stop doing business with China
- etc.

All of which are a lot different than "start looking for an alternative."
Thing is, the doofus cannot "hereby order" companies to do anything. And you have to start wondering about the mental state of a chief executive who either thinks otherwise, or pretends to think otherwise.

Old 08-23-2019, 01:12 PM

10,444 posts, read 2,588,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
What's next? Bring them back to America by force?

Labor is already tight because we can't seem to get our immigration policy sorted out. Next folks will be ordered to work for a tobacco manufacturer or a laundry basket maker for $20 per day, just like China.

Is that what America wants? I hope not, because the clown is heading us in that direction. Just like any good dictator: I order you to build a plant in America; I order you to work in said plant for $20/day, a hundred bucks a week. If you refuse, you will be executed. Just like the old Russia, which is where Donald's head looks to be living.
Good points.

The fact is we have been contracepting ourselves to the point where we actually don't have enough native born citizens to exploit with third world wages! (and who among us would want their own cousins, neighbors and parents abused like that?). If the public wants to maintain the lifestyle they have grown accustomed to, we will need imports from countries with exploitative labor practices. ~ sad, but true ~

It's analogous to the age when the USA had slaves. Many people didn't like it, and free farm laborers really resented the presence of slaves, but too many people had grown accustomed to affordable cotton sheets and shirts, there wasn't enough will to free the slaves and give farm laborers a decent living wage so people let the status quo hang on indefinitely. We are seeing that today with cheap imports.

The only way out is automation here at home, and that is happening, but it takes much of the labor out of the equation. In fact, much more American labor was idled by advanced machinery and computerized technology than by exporting jobs overseas. When companies do make the decision to return to north America, automation and available skilled workers to maintain the equipment is usually a huge factor in the decision.

The fact is, if the companies can get the skilled support staff overseas, they have no incentive to return anyway ... even with automation ... because skilled wages are so damned low in many of those countries.

The government can not order the factories back, not in a free market economy, and we haven't been able to bribe them back with corporate tax breaks ... so what can be done?

Old 08-23-2019, 01:13 PM

9,185 posts, read 8,554,692 times
But what about his ties and Ivanka's trademarks for her fashion brand?

Old 08-23-2019, 01:20 PM

10,444 posts, read 2,588,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnan View Post
But what about his ties and Ivanka's trademarks for her fashion brand?
Oddly, that is the one thing he CAN order back into the USA, if he wants.

2,458 posts, read 934,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
Let me know how you react if a Democrat president ever (hereby orders) anything
Obama did with obamacare, and DACA.

3,540 posts, read 1,386,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
As a person who definitely doesn't suffer from TDS, let me ask you a question...

How far to the left does Trump have to go before you stop supporting him? Does he have to go fully Maoist, or is Castro enough for you?

I DON'T support President Trump. I never have and I never will. I didn't vote for him and I wouldn't vote for him in the future.

What I DO support is Donald Trump's uncanny ability to not only control the narrative, but to control almost any and everyone around him by finding and successfully activating their "trigger" via his incredible ability to manipulate just about anyone, including those on both the left and the right, causing them to focus on what they are triggered by while he manipulates them into doing what he wants, and at the same time totally ignoring their BS, especially their triggered screams of his supposed indecency, intolerance, racism, misogyny, fascism, etc.

The concept is brilliant, and anyone who can successfully pull this off can achieve nearly anything they want. That doesn't mean I agree with all of his policies. I certainly don't agree with any policy that infringes upon or taxes (tariffs) free trade. I merely applaud the man for his brilliance at successfully distracting people with his masterful manipulation techniques.

I can't imagine how pathetic I would feel if, while brushing my teeth, eating breakfast, driving to work, working, going on breaks and lunch, heading home, etc., my mind was filled with screams of "Orange Man BAD!"

LOL!

Old 08-23-2019, 01:22 PM

10,520 posts, read 3,123,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post

There is no need for special mental abilities to know what Trump is thinking. Every thing that comes through his mind comes out in a tweet.

Old 08-23-2019, 01:22 PM

46,605 posts, read 18,759,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
But it's hereby ordered!
You still haven't explained why you think it's wrong for Trump to tell companies to stop profiteering over Fentanyl. It's killing 10s of 1000s each year.

Is Trump derangement so strong that you can't accept that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or