U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2019, 02:40 PM

10,429 posts, read 2,583,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post

The Chinese success these days is mostly due to their own massive r&d and their hard work. Many Chinese work 60 hours a week.
I could attest to that, I see it first hand.

Old 08-23-2019, 02:41 PM

8,772 posts, read 2,084,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedintime View Post
1st sentence is absolutely true. But with that simple logic, during WW11 ( or) it would be fine by you for american companies to make & sell ammunition to the enemy.
Who determines the “enemy?”

My business is my business.

Old 08-23-2019, 02:45 PM

46,605 posts, read 18,753,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I could attest to that, I see it first hand.
You've always been one here to want to see the United States and Americans fail at what they do. So this seems to fit.

Old 08-23-2019, 02:46 PM

22,268 posts, read 19,746,772 times
There are so many issues, for instance:

Who would pay companies the billions they have already invested in China?

Many American companies have r&d in China, i.e. they are benefiting from Chinese brain power.

China would ban those US companies from the Chinese market, European and Chinese companies would fill the gaps, while many American companies would get into serious trouble without the Chinese market.

There are not enough qualified people in the US to do all the work the Chinese are currently doing for US companies.

Old 08-23-2019, 02:47 PM

8,772 posts, read 2,084,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You've always been one here to want to see the United States and Americans fail at what they do. So this seems to fit.
How far to the left does Trump have to move before you criticize him, Waldo?

He basically came out as a communist today.

Old 08-23-2019, 02:49 PM

13,611 posts, read 6,525,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
He will still have his white evangelical "traditional values" Christian supporters, which nowadays it seems, are the only people in this country who even matter.

Stop whining and move out of OK already

Old 08-23-2019, 02:50 PM

10,429 posts, read 2,583,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedintime View Post
I think he only wants American companies to come together and support America. (a lot of power there)
Companies don't have a nationality. People have a nationality.

Corporations by their very nature are machines. They respect no borders and no principals beyond 'shareholder value'. Privately held enterprises generally take a similar tack, prioritizing the owner's needs first over any other concern.

Trump can bark like a junkyard dog, but he can't make companies in a free market economy do as he says that way.

Old 08-23-2019, 02:50 PM

2,846 posts, read 947,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Why did you leave off the part of this where he was telling them to stop bringing fentanyl into the USA. That stuff is killing 1000s of young people every year.

Yup. We know why. The left is so dishonest.
I would think it is already illegal to knowingly transport fentanyl into the country. Companies like Fedex and UPS have the ability to electronically track every package and cooperate with CBP to identify packages that might come from drug dealers https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...uthern-border/

Old 08-23-2019, 02:51 PM

17,533 posts, read 4,650,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
There are so many issues, for instance:

Who would pay companies the billions they have already invested in China?

Many American companies have r&d in China, i.e. they are benefiting from Chinese brain power.

China would ban those US companies from the Chinese market, European and Chinese companies would fill the gaps, while many American companies would get into serious trouble without the Chinese market.

There are not enough qualified people in the US to do all the work the Chinese are currently doing for US companies.
You are talking about this as if it is a possibility. It's not.
But if we play pretend.....all companies would do is sign their factories over to China and then some funny paperwork would transfer goods "unfinished" to Korea, Japan, Vietnam or Malaysia....to be finished and then shipped here.

Basically, Trump is handing over command of the world economy to the Chinese...

Old 08-23-2019, 02:51 PM

46,605 posts, read 18,753,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
How far to the left does Trump have to move before you criticize him, Waldo?

He basically came out as a communist today.
Hmm. Nope.

I agreed with everything he said. If you are looking for a China lover, go see Joe Biden. He's happy to bend over to them like Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or