U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2019, 10:28 PM

11,419 posts, read 5,080,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
I knew of a similar case. Survived 10 years but then when to the doctor due to constipation and they detected the reoccurrence and hew was dead in two weeks. From what I hear part of the survival rate issue with pancreatic cancer is that it tends to get detected at a late stage.
Same with ovarian cancer, speaking from experience here.

To anyone reading this, if you even slightly suspect something may be up, please go to a doctor to get it checked out. And do all screenings according to medical recommendations. Your life is worth the hassle of going in for your check-ups.

/lecture
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2019, 10:39 PM

8,115 posts, read 2,864,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Same with ovarian cancer, speaking from experience here.

To anyone reading this, if you even slightly suspect something may be up, please go to a doctor to get it checked out. And do all screenings according to medical recommendations. Your life is worth the hassle of going in for your check-ups.

/lecture
I speak of experience to,o Stage 4 colon cancer. Two years survived so far.

Old 08-23-2019, 10:55 PM

12,971 posts, read 3,569,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
You mean WHEN he replaces RBG.... the rest of your post is nonsensical hyperbole.
If RBG makes it past January 1, 2020, but doesn't make it past January 20, 2021. Do you think McConnell should avoid hypocrisy/act as he did with Garland and refuse to put a nominee up for a vote, or do you think McConnell should say "F hypocrisy" and confirm whoever Trump nminates ?

Old 08-23-2019, 10:56 PM

12,971 posts, read 3,569,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
I speak of experience to,o Stage 4 colon cancer. Two years survived so far.

Old 08-23-2019, 11:08 PM

9,853 posts, read 4,473,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
At this point you bunch of ghouls can all just relax. She's going to live long enough that the democrats will be able to stall any replacement, just like the republicans did....and then whomever wins the presidency in 2020 gets to pick their replacement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
It has nothing to do with her own vanity - it has to do with her ideals. I'm proud of her and hope she does her damndest and succeeds. Because we all know that hypocrite Moscow Mitch will certainly allow a vote for a SCJ in an election year, THIS time. It is this political climate that she is fighting against.
The Biden rule only applies to presidents at the end of their 2nd term, not their first.

Of course that might not stop them from creating another new low standard, which like the others will come back to bite them like the Biden rule and the Harry Reid "nuclear option".

`

Old 08-23-2019, 11:16 PM

35,671 posts, read 19,173,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
The Biden rule only applies to presidents at the end of their 2nd term, not their first.

Of course that might not stop them from creating another new low standard, which like the others will come back to bite them like the Biden rule and the Harry Reid "nuclear option".

`

Link to the bold.

Old 08-23-2019, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Wish her all the best.

Hate to be political, but I really don't want another conservative judge if she steps down.

I say this as a Republican before anyone jumps down my throat.

SCOTUS needs to have a fair balance since they affect/influence the whole country for 30 years.

We need a moderate dem as the next SCOTUS, would give it a decent balance.

So all the liberals during and since the uber liberal Warren court that altered the country in profound ways did not strike you as wrong?

Frankly all I want are strict constructionists who interpret the Constitution based on it's original meaning and intent.
If society wants to change things, our constitutional republic is designed to have Congress make new laws, not the SCOTUS.

`

Old 08-23-2019, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Stepping down with Trump still in office is not for the betterment of the country...we don't need the court packed with any more Activist Judges like Trumps first 2 picks.

They only seem like activists who like what liberal activists judges have done in the last 50 years.

So far the two justices you mention have not done anything activist. However if they do reverse previous activism, that in and of itself is not activism.

Think about that for a moment!

`

Old 08-24-2019, 12:03 AM

1,818 posts, read 732,147 times
Quote:

So all the liberals during and since the uber liberal Warren court that altered the country in profound ways did not strike you as wrong?`
Wellppp I was born in 1982 and not technically an adult until 2000 so that was a little before my era.

Quote:
Frankly all I want are strict constructionists who interpret the Constitution based on it's original meaning and intent.
If society wants to change things, our constitutional republic is designed to have Congress make new laws, not the SCOTUS.
I want the same things you do. I just want a balance. Each judge has their political leaning.

Old 08-24-2019, 01:26 AM

2,886 posts, read 2,875,325 times
How about a bipartisan amendment stating that once you reach the ripe old age of 80 you are done with American politics and are forced to retire. Liberal or conservative, we should all agree that at 80+ your mind isn't as sharp as it once was and you have no business dictating any sort of policy or law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies