U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 12:12 PM

8,876 posts, read 2,615,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Not my friend, and I've never once claimed it was "against the rules".

IF, and it's a big if, the Repubs in the Senate ever hold confirmation hearings during an "election year" - they will be massive and demonstrable hypocrites. Not that I expect any differently, but will always hope for better.
I agree, they'll be following the Senate rules which Democrats changed in 2014. They were warned of the repercussions. BTW, do you think the Dems would hold off nominations in the last year of a Democratic President's term anymore?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2019, 12:25 PM

9,833 posts, read 8,229,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I agree, they'll be following the Senate rules which Democrats changed in 2014. They were warned of the repercussions. BTW, do you think the Dems would hold off nominations in the last year of a Democratic President's term anymore?

The point being that the GOP are the only ones that have actually refused to hold a confirmation. Biden talked about why it shouldn't be done back in '92, but the Dems have never actually done it. I'm not sure how many Congressional Dems are still around from '92 and if they agreed or disagreed with Biden at the time.

Old 08-27-2019, 12:30 PM

13,311 posts, read 4,557,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
if she was healthy enough they would have treated her with surgery, and then radiation. Not a good sign, she is nearing the end. Trump will get to appoint another Justice before his first term ends.
Democrats response to whoever Trump nominates:

__________ is a racist.

__________ is a misogynist.

__________ was accused of sexual misconduct while a young college student. The accuser, whose name won't be mentioned for privacy reasons, said so.

___________ will take the country back 50 years

Old 08-27-2019, 01:06 PM

14,924 posts, read 8,001,275 times
Quote:
If the GOP moves forward with confirming a SCOTUS appointment during an election year, they absolutely and unarguably are hypocrites.

You people have falsely accused us of being racists, xenophobes, sexists, terrorists and all the other left wing buzz words, you think being called a hypocrite by ignorant people matters to us?

Old 08-27-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You people have falsely accused us of being racists, xenophobes, sexists, terrorists and all the other left wing buzz words, you think being called a hypocrite by ignorant people matters to us?

"You people"?

So, integrity is irrelevant to you, as long as you get what you want. Noted.

I disagree.

Old 08-27-2019, 01:28 PM

4,866 posts, read 4,880,266 times
The swimmer Ted Kennedy started all this strife on the court by going after Bork. The GOP is finally fighting back after getting hit in the face over & over again.

Old 08-27-2019, 02:01 PM

14,924 posts, read 8,001,275 times
Quote:
"You people"?

So, integrity is irrelevant to you, as long as you get what you want. Noted.

I disagree.
Yes "you people". When democrats get within a hundred miles of a position of integrity let me know, otherwise you're 100% correct, it's completely irrelevant.

Old 08-27-2019, 03:51 PM

13,610 posts, read 6,523,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
No one is supposed to "rule" the Court. It's there to enforce the law, not twist it to their communist agenda.
That poster you responded to is a newly minted US citizen. He should know better than to say such things.

Old 08-27-2019, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Yes "you people". When democrats get within a hundred miles of a position of integrity let me know, otherwise you're 100% correct, it's completely irrelevant.

Well, I'm not a Dem, so "you people" isn't me.

Where you and I obviously differ is that I call bad behavior for what it is, regardless of who else is behaving badly.

Old 08-28-2019, 10:41 AM

4,971 posts, read 1,282,209 times
She is 86 years old...and she is not going to live forever.

Let's all be honest: she's making a mockery of the Court.

The question I have is: why didn't she leave when Obama still had a chance to replace her with another communist like her?

I can't quite understand that one. The only conclusion I've come to is she is so narcissistic and arrogant that her legacy was more important than keeping the communist movement moving forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies