Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 04:16 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,605,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
https://www.apnews.com/7e9e77a5701d40fc9e83c39d83e0bd4c

Or it was.

She is literally the luckiest cancer survivor ever.
I suspect "luck" might have something to do with her living this long, considering pancreatic cancer normally has an extremely high mortality rate. Modern medical science and an early diagnosis is likely the main reason she has survived.

She was diagnosed with it over a decade ago and her 1 year survival rate was less than 20%, with a 5 year survival rate less than 7%.
But since she had it diagnosed early and had surgery, she has lived well beyond most expectations.

The fact it has come back in the same organ is probably not a good sign for her long term prognosis. But she has been a statistical anomaly for many years. Hopefully she is receiving care from the same medical team that has kept her alive all these years.

`

Old 08-23-2019, 04:21 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Rolling back marriage equality and a woman's right to choose are a core component of the GOP's platform and are a major reason conservatives are so excited for Trump to pick a replacement for RBG.
Except nobody is trying to roll back margay marriage and the POTUS openly supported it when he was elected, unlike Obama who you loved.

Old 08-23-2019, 04:22 PM

17,623 posts, read 6,908,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Except nobody is trying to roll back margay marriage and the POTUS openly supported it when he was elected, unlike Obama who you loved.
Don't let the facts get in the way of his paranoid delusions.

Old 08-23-2019, 04:23 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I know, it’s just fun to poke holes in his lies on a daily basis.

Old 08-23-2019, 04:26 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Paranoid delusions? Just this week, Trump has asked SCOTUS to legalize firing workers for sexual orientation or even perceived sexual orientation.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...us-gay-workers

Trump shows just enough shallow support for the LGBT community to give conservatives material to throw at liberals whenever they accuse Trump of being homophobic. In reality, Trump has been the worst President for the LGBT community since Ronald Reagan with Falwell at his side.

Old 08-23-2019, 04:27 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Paranoid delusions? Just this week, Trump has asked SCOTUS to legalize firing workers for sexual orientation or even perceived sexual orientation.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...us-gay-workers

Trump shows just enough shallow support for the LGBT community to give conservatives material to throw at liberals whenever they accuse Trump of being homophobic. In reality, Trump has been the worst President for the LGBT community since Ronald Reagan with Falwell at his side.
Buzzfeed is a joke man.

Old 08-23-2019, 04:54 PM

412 posts, read 145,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
She'll hang on through the end of next year, then once the maniac is booted out she can retire at her leisure.
Trump ain't losing 2020. Sorry

Old 08-23-2019, 04:58 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
I'm not going to wish anything bad for RGB. I hope she recovers from her cancer. It's clear however at '86 that she might be at the end of her time.

What IS sad however is that she ends her tenure in the Supreme Court with one purpose in mind. To outlive the current Republican President. That is certainly a sad and sorry state of life. Instead of enjoying retirement, her vanity won't let her move on so the next generation can take over. It's like another 80 year old in the Democrat party clinging to the hope that he's finally going to be nominated because he outlived all the other contenders.

Old 08-23-2019, 05:01 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I'm not going to wish anything bad for RGB. I hope she recovers from her cancer. It's clear however at '86 that she might be at the end of her time.

What IS sad however is that she ends her tenure in the Supreme Court with one purpose in mind. To outlive the current Republican President. That is certainly a sad and sorry state of life. Instead of enjoying retirement, her vanity won't let her move on so the next generation can take over. It's like another 80 year old in the Democrat party clinging to the hope that he's finally going to be nominated because he outlived all the other contenders.
America as a free secular republic depends on her outliving this President.

If she wants to step down by all means she should. She shouldn't be pressured by anybody to keep serving if she doesn't want to. I do know that if I was in her position, I'd be doing the same thing she is.

Old 08-23-2019, 05:02 PM

412 posts, read 145,491 times
I can't get over how ancient she looks for her age.

She looks 110
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies