Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2019, 05:45 AM

20,099 posts, read 9,006,146 times

Advertisements

if she was healthy enough they would have treated her with surgery, and then radiation. Not a good sign, she is nearing the end. Trump will get to appoint another Justice before his first term ends.

Old 08-27-2019, 06:00 AM

30,619 posts, read 18,203,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
If you have ever gone through chemo and or radiation, you would know that statement is not true.

My hat is off to Ginsberg (I am a conservative) to keep working, even when affected by cancer. I am sure she is compromised, but only she can say whether it is enough to cloud her judgement or not.

Nonetheless it is good she is not just rolling over and succumbing to her disease. I know well what her end result will be, but at least she is hanging in there.
Again, the Court is not a heavy workload job. We're not talking about a job where you have to overexert yourself to get the job done. She has a driver and security to chauffeur her around, law clerks to assist with research and writing (as they do for every justice, even the "younger" ones), and the Court only sits a couple of days a week during the months that it is in session. Again, she seems more than up to that task to me. I see that she's back to her speaking engagements, too.

I don't know how much time she has left on the Earth. But she seems mentally sharp enough to continue doing her job for the time being.

Old 08-27-2019, 06:05 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,395,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Fundamentalist Christians ONLY see the world through their black-and-white religious worldview and tend to be activist judges. That fact is exactly why Trump would nominate Barrett. It would complete his promise to his evangelical base, giving them the power to finally "reclaim this country for God" which really means establishing theocratic rule.

The entire Trump movement is a response to the 2015 SCOTUS decision to legalize same-sex marriage. Amy Barrett on the Supreme Court is a central reason why Trump supporters have continued to remain so loyal. They want a country where white Christian men are in all positions of authority and gays are in the closet, women are in the kitchen, brown people know their place, and every school day begins with the Pledge of Allegiance and prayer in Jesus' name. They want an America where there's absolutely zero tolerance for any open questioning or disagreement with "traditional values." Amy Barrett is the religious right's key to making that happen.

If she ends up on the court, separation of church and state is done in this country.
It takes 5 votes to "win. Which of the other four "activist judges" are also "Fundamentalist Christians who ONLY see the world through their black-and-white religious worldview"?

Old 08-27-2019, 06:39 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,456,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
RBG would never be a traitor to any liberal cause.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Sure she would, if one of the clerks who's writing all her opinions decided to be a traitor a liberal cause. She's done.
It'd be awesome if someone else wrote all my work documents. That will never happen. Very few people are better at writing than I am.

Old 08-27-2019, 07:13 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,373,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Sure they do, they control the senate and the senate confirms SCOTUS nominations. They can and will confirm Trump's replacement for RBG because they can.

This is exactly why we elected Trump, you lost.
"They don't get to have it both ways" is not a claim that they are incapable of being hypocrites. Stop being dense.

I voted for Trump. I almost certainly will not do so again.

Old 08-27-2019, 07:37 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,031,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
"They don't get to have it both ways" is not a claim that they are incapable of being hypocrites. Stop being dense.

I voted for Trump. I almost certainly will not do so again.
They aren't hypocrites, they're politicians. This isn't a game.

Old 08-27-2019, 07:56 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,373,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
They aren't hypocrites, they're politicians. This isn't a game.

If the GOP moves forward with confirming a SCOTUS appointment during an election year, they absolutely and unarguably are hypocrites.

Old 08-27-2019, 11:31 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,085,432 times
The Left completely turned the Judicial branch into an activist branch. If not for them, this country wouldnt' be going down the toilet before our eyes.

I can't WAIT until RBG is gone - off the Court. This is just lunacy is what it is.

Old 08-27-2019, 11:32 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,613,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
The Left completely turned the Judicial branch into an activist branch. If not for them, this country wouldnt' be going down the toilet before our eyes.

I can't WAIT until RBG is gone - off the Court. This is just lunacy is what it is.
We get it, you want God to rule the court and the country.

Old 08-27-2019, 11:34 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,085,432 times
If she dies on the Court, the Left will use the sympathy points to delay the next pick.

She needs to leave...focus on her health (whatever is left of it) and be with her family for God's sake. She's making a mockery of the Supreme Court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies