U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-23-2019, 10:32 PM
 
11,354 posts, read 11,221,271 times
Reputation: 5648

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
My money is they are planning to tank the stock markets sometime in september or october to pin it on Trump and oust him from orifice.
Trump is tanking it now, no conspiracy plot needed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-24-2019, 03:31 AM
 
1,640 posts, read 1,889,280 times
Reputation: 1107
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
"Jokes" in quotes because of course no sane person finds this amusing.

He's just messing with you, and being able to make Americans heads explode as their 401ks shrink by 10, 20, maybe even 30% - well that's just a demonstration of how effective a leader he is. At the end of the day, he can go sit on his 24 karat gold toilet and thank his lucky stars we have Brett Kavanaugh in the Supreme Court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2019, 03:39 AM
 
Location: Texas
27,580 posts, read 11,618,805 times
Reputation: 6410
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
"Jokes" in quotes because of course no sane person finds this amusing.

Explain why that matters in the real world?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2019, 03:40 AM
 
Location: Texas
27,580 posts, read 11,618,805 times
Reputation: 6410
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
He's just messing with you, and being able to make Americans heads explode as their 401ks shrink by 10, 20, maybe even 30% - well that's just a demonstration of how effective a leader he is. At the end of the day, he can go sit on his 24 karat gold toilet and thank his lucky stars we have Brett Kavanaugh in the Supreme Court.
Run your own life and quit looking to government to do it for you. That's what an adult does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2019, 04:02 AM
 
1,640 posts, read 1,889,280 times
Reputation: 1107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Run your own life and quit looking to government to do it for you. That's what an adult does.
Like it or not, Jack, the government matters. People come here to talk about it. Deal with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2019, 12:25 PM
 
Location: Chicago area
14,684 posts, read 8,166,153 times
Reputation: 54210
My skating boyfriend (he's 82 ) has an interesting take on the stock market. He said that every time Trump opens his mouth the stock market drops. He said maybe he's day trading. (?) You know when you keep tweeting things you know will affect the market, maybe he's on to something? Just another way to grift?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2019, 12:54 PM
 
Location: NJ
17,389 posts, read 12,127,699 times
Reputation: 11240
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Trump has no sense of humor - only ridicule.
Trump did not joke about the stock market, which is at historic high and cycles up and down every opening.


Someone failed English comp class.


The joke was about some guy no one ever heard of announcing he would drop out of the socialist dem primary race for the whitehouse. That is hilarious!!!!!


That is why political cartoons exist!!!!!!


99% of the country had the exact same feeling when it was announced on the news. why it was even announced on the news is a mystery.


Again, the command of the English language, its usage and nuance, escapes the socialist democrat haters.


communication is not their forte, propaganda, lying and character assassination is what they do well while spreading hate and fear as if on Putin's payroll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2019, 01:02 PM
 
11,354 posts, read 11,221,271 times
Reputation: 5648
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
My skating boyfriend (he's 82 ) has an interesting take on the stock market. He said that every time Trump opens his mouth the stock market drops. He said maybe he's day trading. (?) You know when you keep tweeting things you know will affect the market, maybe he's on to something? Just another way to grift?
Totally legal for trump to manipulate the market and profit from it. He is immune to insider trading laws.

He isn't fixing the swamp, he's the swamp thing in the flesh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2019, 04:01 PM
 
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan
13,105 posts, read 14,313,202 times
Reputation: 13956
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
We'll all soon be talking about how the Trump Tax is affecting the average consumer. Walmart's ads will tout buying before the 25% price increase. Better get that new iPhone 11 before October 1st. That $1000 phone will be $1250 sooner than you think. Thanks, Donald! MAGA MAGA!

Or Apple can make their product here, putting millions of American workers to work. You know, doing "jobs of the past" according to lefties. Should be no problem, because lefties claim we have all kinds of robots and automation that can do this work with very few humans. I think this would make America great, let's see it. There are tons of homeless people in California, where they used to manufacturing computers. Trump could easily solve 2 problems at once with tariffs and the reshoring of jobs, if only lefties actually cared about their fellow Americans.


You know why they stopped making computers in America? Because the businesses said it was hard, and they gave up. Good excuse. Now the military is forced to use Chinese electronics in our modern weapons. You think that is a good idea?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2019, 04:52 PM
 
Location: Denver CO
21,728 posts, read 12,378,083 times
Reputation: 33385
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Or Apple can make their product here, putting millions of American workers to work. You know, doing "jobs of the past" according to lefties. Should be no problem, because lefties claim we have all kinds of robots and automation that can do this work with very few humans. I think this would make America great, let's see it. There are tons of homeless people in California, where they used to manufacturing computers. Trump could easily solve 2 problems at once with tariffs and the reshoring of jobs, if only lefties actually cared about their fellow Americans.


You know why they stopped making computers in America? Because the businesses said it was hard, and they gave up. Good excuse. Now the military is forced to use Chinese electronics in our modern weapons. You think that is a good idea?
You know why they stopped making computers in America? Because greedy business owners and stockholders wanted to maximize their profits above all else, and realized that they could hire people in other countries to do things for far less money than Americans were willing to take. So as long as it put more money in their own pockets, these greedy Republicans were only too happy to put Americans out of work.

Hey, you know who is a great example of this? Take a wild guess but here's a hint, it rhymes with Ronald Rump.

Quote:
There are 268 items for sale on the Trump Organizationís online store. Of those, 41 are made in the USA and listed in a separate section highlighting US goods. That means American products make up exactly 15.298507462686567% of the Trump Storeís available merchandise.
https://qz.com/1483890/how-many-dona...de-in-the-usa/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top