Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 05:10 PM

17,773 posts, read 13,665,953 times

Advertisements

This Antifa guy is right in Hawkeye's back yard. Glad 'ole Dr. Hawkeye has some salty wrestlin' moves in case this guy attacks him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2019, 05:11 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,765,477 times
Anyone who sees through trump’s lies is antifa.

Old 08-23-2019, 05:31 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,663,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Antifa are fascist by their very nature.
I'm not sure they are fascist - maybe anarchists?

Fascism would generally have an authoritarian leader (Herr Trump, Hitler, Mussolini) and a strong Nationalist element - and everyone is pulling for "the state" (sorta like Trump and his "move from China thing").....

Let's look further - but that's my take.

This Antifa group seems like the same Anarchists from back when....

The only reason to be scared of them is if you sit near the window in Starbucks when the G8 meeting is in town on the West Coast.

"Fascism (/ˈfæʃɪzəm/) is a form of far right-wing, authoritarian ultranationalism[1][2] characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and of the economy"

Ok, let's be real, Antifa has zero to do with Fascism. They are ANTI Fascism but, as we see, that doesn't mean they are good. Communists were also strongly Anti-Fascists.

It doesn't matter as much what one is against...as what one is for. Since Antifa doesn't seem to be much for organized civil society, I'm not joining up. I don't believe in breaking windows...but, truth be told, given the current situation in this country I wouldn't mind seeing some Nationalists pushed back (without real bodily injury, of course).

Reaction should always be equal to or less than the action...in such matters.

Ideally, I prefer non-violent civil disobedience but I do understand the fighting of Fascism. One needs only to do some reading on WWII Germany to understand why it is worth laying down your life for (ANTI-Fascism).

Old 08-23-2019, 05:34 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,110,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I'm not sure they are fascist - maybe anarchists?

Fascism would generally have an authoritarian leader (Herr Trump, Hitler, Mussolini) and a strong Nationalist element - and everyone is pulling for "the state" (sorta like Trump and his "move from China thing").....

Let's look further - but that's my take.

This Antifa group seems like the same Anarchists from back when....

The only reason to be scared of them is if you sit near the window in Starbucks when the G8 meeting is in town on the West Coast.

"Fascism (/ˈfæʃɪzəm/) is a form of far right-wing, authoritarian ultranationalism[1][2] characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and of the economy"

Ok, let's be real, Antifa has zero to do with Fascism. They are ANTI Fascism but, as we see, that doesn't mean they are good. Communists were also strongly Anti-Fascists.

It doesn't matter as much what one is against...as what one is for. Since Antifa doesn't seem to be much for organized civil society, I'm not joining up. I don't believe in breaking windows...but, truth be told, given the current situation in this country I wouldn't mind seeing some Nationalists pushed back (without real bodily injury, of course).

Reaction should always be equal to or less than the action...in such matters.

Ideally, I prefer non-violent civil disobedience but I do understand the fighting of Fascism. One needs only to do some reading on WWII Germany to understand why it is worth laying down your life for (ANTI-Fascism).
Forcible supression is the only thing they have in common with fascist. Essentially why people call them closet fascists. Atleast according to CD.

Old 08-23-2019, 05:41 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,086,067 times
I wouldn’t want to be in his class. Most of his reviews aren’t good anyway. If he was conservative supporting I wonder if he’d still be there teaching. I’m thinking not and probably would be the victim of protests around campus to have him dismissed.

Old 08-23-2019, 05:43 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,663,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Forcible supression is the only thing they have in common with fascist. Essentially why people call them closet fascists. Atleast according to CD.
Well, thousands of organizations from gangs to LE to tribes, etc. push back with force......

It used to be Trumpies adored Trump because he "pushes back". Could it be that they only support one person pushing back?

Old 08-23-2019, 05:45 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,313,814 times
Quote:
Insightful. Did you read that on infowars or brietfart?

Old 08-23-2019, 05:46 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,341,507 times
Quote:
You couldn't be more wrong.
Antifa doesn't want any facism to become entrenched into our democracy.
That's all they want- to continue our democracy without the destructive taint of facism in it.

Antifa sees the rise of the alt.right and the neo-Nazi groups as a threat. If they didn't exist, neither would antifa. When the Proud Boys and all the others disappear, so will the antifa.

Old 08-23-2019, 05:49 PM

17,297 posts, read 12,225,030 times
This is the fundamental thing those who call Antifa fascists just don't understand.

Old 08-23-2019, 06:00 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,397,206 times
Well, admitting you have a problem is a first step. Not doing it anymore or not as often is another story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies