U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 03:40 PM

16,379 posts, read 4,314,853 times

Advertisements

It has zero to do with politics and everything to do with energy.

Trading in $20 bills for $1.50 isn't a smart move.

Our planet is polluted...of that there is no doubt. Runoff from the 10X as much fertilizer and poo, etc. is creating poison algae blooms and also e-coli in many waters.

No one is saying people should stop eating meat (or every few). However, eating more efficiently is yet another one of those things which is win-win-win. My meat-loving cousin who was born the same week as I died 2 years back from colon cancer.

I think some of the Asian cultures have it right....meat is there, but not a pound of it!

Look at the results of cheap meat and cheap sugar and corn syrup here in the USA. Obesity. Sloth. Disease. Mortality. Pollution.

We've been veggie for almost 50 years but even those in our extended family who are not still generally have cut back on meat and eat more veggies and good stuff.

Old 08-23-2019, 03:41 PM

16,379 posts, read 4,314,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberrySoup View Post
See, now there's your basic problem.
I hope you send in your PP donation monthly. I do!

Old 08-23-2019, 03:42 PM

5,444 posts, read 3,129,871 times
I have to have my greaseburger and diesel fries.

Old 08-23-2019, 03:42 PM

1,525 posts, read 992,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberrySoup View Post
It's called Arby's.
I've often wondered what that gelatinous blob was!

Old 08-23-2019, 03:43 PM

30,425 posts, read 15,777,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

Our planet is polluted...of that there is no doubt. Runoff from the 10X as much fertilizer and poo, etc. is creating poison algae blooms and also e-coli in many waters.

No one is saying people should stop eating meat (or every few). However, eating more efficiently is yet another one of those things which is win-win-win. My meat-loving cousin who was born the same week as I died 2 years back from colon cancer.

I think some of the Asian cultures have it right....meat is there, but not a pound of it!

Look at the results of cheap meat and cheap sugar and corn syrup here in the USA. Obesity. Sloth. Disease. Mortality. Pollution.

We've been veggie for almost 50 years but even those in our extended family who are not still generally have cut back on meat and eat more veggies and good stuff.
Only because the number of people is too large.

And Democrats want more and more and more people here.

What happens when you put too many fish in a tank?

Look at India. That is our future under liberalism.

Old 08-23-2019, 03:44 PM

23,034 posts, read 17,052,959 times
America's population is growing? According to news sources, our birth rate in this country is "alarming" and a "national emergency" and that's why we "need more immigrants":

https://www.economist.com/democracy-...ore-immigrants

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nts/618422002/

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/so...nts-2016-07-18 (You'll have to scroll past their horrible index editing)

https://www.wbur.org/onpoint/2018/05/23/birth-rate-drop

https://theweek.com/articles/642303/...onal-emergency

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/th...u-s-birth-rate

I really wish people would keep up with what they claim before making another claim that says the complete opposite.

Old 08-23-2019, 03:45 PM

5,653 posts, read 1,421,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Yep. Garden fresh salad greens, onions and tomatoes. Baked potato. Iced tea. AND, a big fat medium rare rib eye steak. Life is good.

Quote:

We have cut way back on our red meat in the last few years. MUCH smaller portions and less frequently.

Old 08-23-2019, 03:47 PM

1,525 posts, read 992,340 times
Quote:

Agree with you on Asian cuisine.

But sloth?

Old 08-23-2019, 03:48 PM

25,454 posts, read 9,899,293 times
I've never had a gun pointed at my head as I ate a salad. I guess that can be accomplished by the end of the calendar year.

Old 08-23-2019, 03:49 PM

9,441 posts, read 4,294,820 times
I'm not a vegan and never will be, but some vegan foods are okay. The worst ones are typically the ones that are designed to imitate meat. If you look for vegan dishes that are inherently vegan you can find some good stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies