U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2019, 12:01 PM

3,656 posts, read 992,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
In the book, 1491 there is an interesting chapter on the history of slavery on planet earth.

Be they black, brown, yellow or white the ONE PERCENTERS have ALWAYS complained about the cost of labor.

They thought they had it solved when they made slavery a normal human condition. Unfortunately, for them it didn't work out so well for the "peculiar" institution.

The ONE PERCENTERS have always complained about the price of labor. They even invented a political system COMMUNISIM where they enslaved entire countries under the banner of "EQUALITY". It is no accident that as "formal slavery" was ending in the world, the Communist movement was gathering steam.

In 1981, the US reached ZERO population growth. Under those conditions the price of labor would steadily rise since it was becoming more scarce.

It is no accident that the one percenters opened the American borders in the late 1980's to all comers. They have keep those labor costs down, particularly since they cannot openly own people anymore.
While there is some truth to this statement, I think the real reason why the US, and other first world countries are flooding their countries wthl mass immigration, is because they need expendable bodies to be ready for war in case one breaks out. In fact, my family came to the US for the very reason, the men promised to fight for either British or American armies during WW1 and WW2, in exchange the women and children would get sanctuary in the US. History always repeats itself, so I can see this being a way to get immigrants to sign up, promise full citizenship if they did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2019, 01:20 PM

13,322 posts, read 6,376,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
We need illegal immigrants during the Fall to run the leaf blowers in the rain. Who else is going to do that?
You know, you should have put "sarcasm" at the end of your post. Otherwise, people will think that you are serious.

Old 08-25-2019, 02:13 PM

37,657 posts, read 16,667,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
While there is some truth to this statement, I think the real reason why the US, and other first world countries are flooding their countries wthl mass immigration, is because they need expendable bodies to be ready for war in case one breaks out. In fact, my family came to the US for the very reason, the men promised to fight for either British or American armies during WW1 and WW2, in exchange the women and children would get sanctuary in the US. History always repeats itself, so I can see this being a way to get immigrants to sign up, promise full citizenship if they did.
Those would be legal immigrants, not illegal aliens of which this topic is about. Illegal aliens can't join our military.

Old Yesterday, 07:28 AM

22,305 posts, read 21,949,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Well, it's somewhat racists against white europeans since it's factual they cannot handle hard outside work as well as many from S. of the Border.

I mean...some can. You can find the rare hard worker....but certainly not enough to do all the roofing in Florida after a hurricane.
Who did those jobs before the influx of illegals south of the border? Are there no laborers in your family?
Was there no Europeans roofing, farming, building structures, roads, bridges, laying pipeline since 1865?

Old Yesterday, 07:38 AM

4,580 posts, read 2,709,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
We need illegal immigrants during the Fall to run the leaf blowers in the rain. Who else is going to do that?
I get your jest but it really should be directed at whoever is paying them to blow leaves around in the rain.

Old Yesterday, 07:44 AM

29,563 posts, read 40,065,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Who did those jobs before the influx of illegals south of the border? Are there no laborers in your family?
Was there no Europeans roofing, farming, building structures, roads, bridges, laying pipeline since 1865?
Immigrants of course. Chinese, Irish, Italian. The history of labor in America is one of exploitation of cheap immigrant labor. Nothing has changed but the nations of origin.

Old Yesterday, 07:59 AM

9,928 posts, read 2,441,567 times
Democrat Says We Need Illegal Immigrants To "Mow Our Lawns"

I don't say that. I mow my own lawn, thank you.

But Trump needs exploitable labor to keep the greens in shape. Other people have, for various reasons, a need to have someone do the groundskeeping. For example, every year we have volunteers from my company go out to help local seniors with their lawns, cleaning out their gutters and that sort of thing. Even with the low wages illegal immigrants receive many people can not afford to pay for this kind of help.

Good luck with finding enough native born citizens who are willing to commit themselves to dead-end low paying jobs for the rest of their lives, unable to save for retirement nor pay for needed medicines in their sunset years. No one will do it willingly.

Old Yesterday, 08:09 AM

9,928 posts, read 2,441,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Florida.....

"Republicans command sizable majorities in both the House and Senate.
But industries opposed are major contributors to the state Republican Party and individual lawmakers’ campaigns, which typically earns them influence on issues.
The GOP also tends to avoid enacting any regulations seen as hurdles for Florida businesses.
THIS INCLUDES LAWNCUTTERS....

Rep. Rick Roth, R-Wellington, a Palm Beach County sugar and vegetable grower, said E-Verify is warranted only if it is applied nationally to fight illegal immigration. But if states individually impose the requirement, it creates competitive imbalances that can hurt farmers, he said."

There you go. 4 Million total and the GOP claims they need them to be competitive. Period.
Excellent post.

This is perfectly in keeping with the stance of the nationwide Chamber of Commerce, which represents businesses of all types across the country and has a powerful influence in the Republican party.

The Republican party is completely hypocritical on this issue, and they are perfectly content keeping the Trump base in the dark.

"Perception is more important than reality. If someone perceives something to be true, it is more important than if it is in fact true."
Ivanka "I learned everything I know from Daddy" Trump

Old Yesterday, 08:28 AM

18,068 posts, read 11,429,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I swear to God what is wrong with these lefty liberals and ethnocentrics that keep spouting the same old lies in here no matter how many times they have been set straight?

Mowing residential lawns has been something our American youth have always done and commercial landscaping jobs our adult Americans have always done for a fair wage also. So why the lies?

How many gazillion times do I have to repeat that crop picking isn't a career job especially for urban Americans and it's only seasonal work before the ole crop picking argument is stopped being used by these same lying fools? That's why we have the unlimited visas for those jobs for legal, foreign crop pickers. So what do we need illegal aliens for except to make the rich, richer? Just like clockwork though the same old lying fools in here will repeat the crop picking argument again, ad nausem!!!

They are usually of the same ethnic group of these illegal foreigners that are claiming that they are superior to Americans. Isn't that racism????

Ok, OG, let's dissect your post a little. First of all, when and where have you ever seen some "American youth" going out and mowing lawns to make money these days. Maybe in the 1950's, but parents can't even get their kids to clean up their own rooms, let alone mow a lawn. At my job, we hire "American youth" and we can't get them to show up to work in the air conditioning on a regular basis. They always have some excuse why they are too sick or have some test so they have to stay home.

As for why we need illegal immigrants, the reason is, we DON'T NEED them, but we make it so hard for them to become LEGAL that they do not have the time or money to go through all the hoops we make them jump through.

Finally, I am not the same ethnicity as these legal and illegal immigrants, but , when I lived in California I worked side by side with tons of them. You and I could not keep up with how hard these folks work, or how willing they are to do jobs you and I could not, and would not do. When I hear Americans say "They are taking our jobs away", I laugh. No one is stopping you from going out and doing these jobs, but I bet you would not last a day, I know I wouldn't.

Old Yesterday, 09:32 AM

37,657 posts, read 16,667,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Democrat Says We Need Illegal Immigrants To "Mow Our Lawns"

I don't say that. I mow my own lawn, thank you.

But Trump needs exploitable labor to keep the greens in shape. Other people have, for various reasons, a need to have someone do the groundskeeping. For example, every year we have volunteers from my company go out to help local seniors with their lawns, cleaning out their gutters and that sort of thing. Even with the low wages illegal immigrants receive many people can not afford to pay for this kind of help.

Good luck with finding enough native born citizens who are willing to commit themselves to dead-end low paying jobs for the rest of their lives, unable to save for retirement nor pay for needed medicines in their sunset years. No one will do it willingly.
Of course you have proof that Trump "knowingly" has hired illegal aliens to do those jobs? No one should benefit from cheap, illegal labor it's against the law! What part of that don't you and yours get? While it may save some people money most of us get the shaft paying for their enormous social costs and the overcrowded conditions and other negatives from illegal immigration. Illegal aliens are either using fake or stolen SS numbers to work or working off the books evading taxes. Those are felonies! Are you also ok with that?

There are plenty of blue-collared jobs that use to pay a fair and liveable wage before millions of cheap, illegal aliens flooded our border. Our American youth used to be able to get the minimum waged ones as entry level jobs into the workforce. Plenty of Americans looking to supplement their incomes also. And what about using legal immigrants instead of illegal aliens? Has that ever crossed the minds of you pro-illegals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies