Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2019, 09:35 AM

62,595 posts, read 28,779,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Excellent post.

This is perfectly in keeping with the stance of the nationwide Chamber of Commerce, which represents businesses of all types across the country and has a powerful influence in the Republican party.

The Republican party is completely hypocritical on this issue, and they are perfectly content keeping the Trump base in the dark.

"Perception is more important than reality. If someone perceives something to be true, it is more important than if it is in fact true."
Ivanka "I learned everything I know from Daddy" Trump
It is you and yours that are perceiving something that isn't true when you claim that it is only greedy Republicans that benefit from cheap, illegal labor. There are plenty of Democrats that do also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2019, 10:40 AM

37,939 posts, read 17,756,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Most illegals aren't mowing residential lawns for a living either. They have taken over commercial landscaping jobs that use to pay a fair wage to Americans. Overall, most illegals are working in construction.
Agreed. They have driven real wages down in the hospitality business, unskilled construction and landscaping.

Old 08-26-2019, 10:48 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,407,431 times
Talking Democrat Says We Need Illegal Immigrants To "Mow Our Lawns"

tRump sez:

"I hire illegals by the truckload to mow my golf courses."

Trumplings approve.

Old 08-26-2019, 10:59 AM

36,045 posts, read 30,551,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Immigrants of course. Chinese, Irish, Italian. The history of labor in America is one of exploitation of cheap immigrant labor. Nothing has changed but the nations of origin.
So what were all the Americans doing. My family farmed, worked in the coal mines and for the Railroad and built houses, roofed, did stone work, etc.

Some people seem to have the impression that all US citizen historically have been born into the privileged class never having to do any physical labor but sit around sipping cold beverages, attending universities and shuffling paper immigrants did all of the labor jobs.

Old 08-26-2019, 11:15 AM

51,933 posts, read 52,357,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So what were all the Americans doing. My family farmed, worked in the coal mines and for the Railroad and built houses, roofed, did stone work, etc.

Some people seem to have the impression that all US citizen historically have been born into the privileged class never having to do any physical labor but sit around sipping cold beverages, attending universities and shuffling paper immigrants did all of the labor jobs.
Americans are getting dumber and dumber. It's no surprise to me they don't understand our history. Part of the problem is the anti-American rhetoric that so many professors spew now.

Old 08-26-2019, 12:23 PM

36,045 posts, read 30,551,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Americans are getting dumber and dumber. It's no surprise to me they don't understand our history. Part of the problem is the anti-American rhetoric that so many professors spew now.
Could be, but shouldn't they know their history, just a little. I'd like an answer from the posters who claim Americans never did any physical labor and that all of our logging, clearing, transportation system, infrastructure, buildings were done by immigrants, as to what their parents, grandparents and great grandparents did to support their families. I cant be the only one who's predecessors did hard physical labor or who has family currently doing construction and labor jobs.

Old 08-26-2019, 12:26 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,139,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
The right hates the truth about all the immigrants working on farms, construction etc.

Much easier to not solve the problem and use it to motivate your base.

Of course, the biggest anti illegal hypocrites are often found in red states.... Just look at the food plant in Mississippi where ICE went after the illegals and didn't did a damn thing to the employers
I could easily solve the problem. Put me in charge.

Old 08-26-2019, 01:00 PM

6,322 posts, read 6,968,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
While there is some truth to this statement, I think the real reason why the US, and other first world countries are flooding their countries wthl mass immigration, is because they need expendable bodies to be ready for war in case one breaks out. In fact, my family came to the US for the very reason, the men promised to fight for either British or American armies during WW1 and WW2, in exchange the women and children would get sanctuary in the US. History always repeats itself, so I can see this being a way to get immigrants to sign up, promise full citizenship if they did.
Your absolutely right. I included the military in the labor needs of the 1 percent.

A couple of decades ago, the Council of Foreign Relations, published a paper on the need to grow the US population to at least 350 million to maintain military strength relative to China and India.

Looks like we are at 350 million these days.....so wonder what the Council of Foreign Relations recommends today?

PS...searched their site....the good news is they are opening their membership to non-Elites, from their 2018 report...

"We decided the Council would be a resource not only for its members, but also for nonmembers and non-elites who traditionally have been only peripherally involved in foreign policy discussions."

Looks they are still on the population growth bandwagon....

https://www.cfr.org/blog/us-demograp...e-reconsidered

Last edited by 509; 08-26-2019 at 01:09 PM..

Old 08-26-2019, 01:02 PM

30,167 posts, read 23,568,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Time and time again, democrats demonstrate their differential standards for different races, all while accusing republicans of being racist.
/thread

Old 08-26-2019, 04:19 PM

62,595 posts, read 28,779,031 times
Illegal aliens aren't plain ole "immigrants". Such dishonesty! Those were illegal aliens working in that Mississippi plant not "immigrants. Those are illegal aliens working construction jobs also, not immigrants. As for farms only 2-4% of illegals are working those jobs and for those jobs there are unlimited visas for legal, foreign workers.

Who says that all of these employers are Republicans and what does that have to do with them living in a red or blue state? I live in a blue state and yet I oppose illegal immigration so what's the point here?

The owner of that Mississippi plant is being investigated for having "knowingly" employed illegal aliens. Investigations take time but the truth will come out in the end. If found guilty then he needs to be fined and jailed. The illegal workers need to be deported and justice is served for all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies