U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 06:12 AM

11,171 posts, read 11,037,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
"Some gop are hippos" guess what? the democrat party has made hypocrisy a profession. they are so much better at it and only because they own the media as their official propaganda machine.

So only republican roofs need to be re-shingled in that town??????? and all republicans use roofing companies that hire illegal aliens?
Dems don't make illegals a centerpiece of their platform. Just like Republicans try to pretend they were fiscally conservative but end up creating worse deficits than dems do. Slick Willy was the biggest fiscal conservative of all in recent times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 06:15 AM

11,171 posts, read 11,037,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because someone who you don't know said. Why listen to you when you get so much wrong? lol

They drive real wages down which causes Americans to earn less and work less and go on welfare. Plus they send money home to take care of their families vs spending it here. Not to mention how they drive up healthcare costs by exploiting emergency rooms and then don't pay. Not to mention the increased crime.

"The net cost of illegal immigrants to American taxpayers is an astonishing $116 billion annually. The single greatest cost is education at $46 billion a year; behind this are $29 billion in medical care costs; $23 billion for law enforcement; and $9 billion in welfare. The report does not include the value of remittances sent by illegal aliens, which would push the net fiscal loss higher by some $38 billion annually."

But yea lets listen to you because someone said.
Sounds like your facts have an agenda. They ignore all the billions in taxes illegals pay and the fact that illegals do many jobs that citizens won't. Like farm work

https://www.politifact.com/punditfac...nts-pay-taxes/

Old Today, 06:21 AM

3,903 posts, read 769,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Dems don't make illegals a centerpiece of their platform. Just like Republicans try to pretend they were fiscally conservative but end up creating worse deficits than dems do. Slick Willy was the biggest fiscal conservative of all in recent times
Are you kidding me? The Dems were willing to shut down the federal government - and keep millions of hard-working middle class Americans from their paychecks - in favor of DACA kids. I hope you remember that.

Eventually, Schumer had to back down, as even the Democrats who worked for the feds were worried about making the next month's rent - and they saw that the Dems were placing the interests of illegal immigrants over those of Americans.

Old Today, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Sounds like your facts have an agenda. They ignore all the billions in taxes illegals pay and the fact that illegals do many jobs that citizens won't. Like farm work

https://www.politifact.com/punditfac...nts-pay-taxes/
OK, big deal.....illegal aliens pay $12 billion in taxes (according to your article). You are ignoring that it costs us nearly $50 billion to educate their children. That alone makes them a net financial drain.

Old Today, 06:27 AM

18,852 posts, read 9,210,408 times
Democrats are angering even moderate Democrats due to their focus on give aways to ILLEGAL ALIENS over American citizens, and their use of Identity Politics to divide. Free healthcare and free college, and open borders is not a winning solution to Americans. Add the divisive Reparations for Blacks, and LGBT and we have a lot of angry traditional Democrats.

Old Today, 06:30 AM

4,242 posts, read 5,734,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Well, it's somewhat racists against white europeans since it's factual they cannot handle hard outside work as well as many from S. of the Border.

I mean...some can. You can find the rare hard worker....but certainly not enough to do all the roofing in Florida after a hurricane.

I met a cable guy in Florida who had worked at the local window factory. He was an average white dude from the midwest who moved to Florida. He said he was promoted up the chain almost instantly...because he showed up and worked like a regular person. He said that the (largely white) factory workers there were notorious for drugs, booze, sloppiness and sloth....and that it was near to impossible for the factory to keep a decent workforce on a constant basis.

There is a reason "Andersen Windows" are from the north country.

Yeah, I agree - opposite racism. I see the brown dudes in 7-11 with their muscles bulging buying a drink and snack and have great respect. Then some "Florida Man" with tatts and a wife beater shirt walks in stinking to high heaven (often with kids) and loudmouthed....and I leave ASAP.

Speak for yourself, snowflake. This "white european Florida Man with tatts" and his friends has spent a life time working outside. Just because you and yours get the vapors running from air conditioning to air conditioning doesn't mean we're all that weak. Your snobby self loathing attitude is all too common in Florida these days.
Why don't you invite some of those muscle bulging brown dudes (as you so inappropriately called them ) over for cocktails and dinner?

Old Today, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Democrats are angering even moderate Democrats due to their focus on give aways to ILLEGAL ALIENS over American citizens, and their use of Identity Politics to divide. Free healthcare and free college, and open borders is not a winning solution to Americans. Add the divisive Reparations for Blacks, and LGBT and we have a lot of angry traditional Democrats.
Agree. Moderates are NOT going to vote for the leftist policies being bandied about by the current crop of D nominees.

Old Today, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Well, it's somewhat racists against white europeans since it's factual they cannot handle hard outside work as well as many from S. of the Border.

I mean...some can. You can find the rare hard worker....but certainly not enough to do all the roofing in Florida after a hurricane.

I met a cable guy in Florida who had worked at the local window factory. He was an average white dude from the midwest who moved to Florida. He said he was promoted up the chain almost instantly...because he showed up and worked like a regular person. He said that the (largely white) factory workers there were notorious for drugs, booze, sloppiness and sloth....and that it was near to impossible for the factory to keep a decent workforce on a constant basis.

There is a reason "Andersen Windows" are from the north country.

Yeah, I agree - opposite racism. I see the brown dudes in 7-11 with their muscles bulging buying a drink and snack and have great respect. Then some "Florida Man" with tatts and a wife beater shirt walks in stinking to high heaven (often with kids) and loudmouthed....and I leave ASAP.
OMG, so you are admitting that you are a racist? Just against poor whites?

(And I have no idea what a wife-beater shirt is, but then again....I don't hang out with liberal racists who put down hard-working whites eeking out a living.)

Old Today, 06:42 AM

37,616 posts, read 16,653,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
OK, big deal.....illegal aliens pay $12 billion in taxes (according to your article). You are ignoring that it costs us nearly $50 billion to educate their children. That alone makes them a net financial drain.

They actually cost us over $100 billion a year even when you include the $12 billion a year they pay in taxes. Just what are these jobs that Americans won't do for a fair wage and who do these pro-illegals think were doing them before millions of illegal aliens flooded our border working cheaper and making the rich, richer? I don't know how many times I have to repeat that only 2-4% of illegals are picking crops and for those jobs there are unlimited visas for legal, foreign farm workers before they shut the hell up with their stupid crop picking argument.

Illegals also send billions out of our country back to their homelands which is not spent in our economy. These are only the fiscal costs of illegal immigration. Their social costs are even more devastating.

Old Today, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They actually cost us over $100 billion a year even when you include the $12 billion a year they pay in taxes. Just what are these jobs that Americans won't do for a fair wage and who do these pro-illegals think were doing them before millions of illegal aliens flooded our border working cheaper and making the rich, richer? I don't know how many times I have to repeat that only 2-4% of illegals are picking crops and for those jobs there are unlimited visas for legal, foreign farm workers before they shut the hell up with their stupid crop picking argument.

Illegals also send billions out of our country back to their homelands which is not spent in our economy. These are only the fiscal costs of illegal immigration. Their social costs are even more devastating.
A good first step would be to put a surcharge of 33.33% on money sent back to their homelands. It would at least somewhat offset the expenses American taxpayers are saddled with in providing for their support.

And NO cash sent through the mail. I believe it's illegal anyway, but now we need to clamp down. Any illegal sending cash home will be deported, and the cash compensated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies