U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 07:30 AM

29,539 posts, read 40,044,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
As of 2014 there were 3.9 million kids of illegals in K-12. 39 billion a year since it costs about 10,000 a year to educate one child.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undocu..._United_States

As far as the crops go. Release all the inmates with drug offenses with the stipulation they have to work on a farm or a food processing plant for a year. Problem solved.
The first gen of immigrants are always an expense. The payoff comes when those educated 2nd gen kids (and especially their children) start contributing to the economy and paying taxes. Think long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:33 AM

8,301 posts, read 2,429,403 times
oh, it doesn't sound that bad. Cherry pickers can make $35 an hour.

https://www.capitalpress.com/ag_sect...53a5ee07b.html

Old Today, 07:34 AM

37,616 posts, read 16,653,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
You are impossible to debate with. All you did (upthread) was make a big stink about how illegals pitch in $11.6 billion in taxes - and ignored completely how much more than take out in benefits! Estimates are that they pay in $10,000 in taxes a year (including sales tax, local taxes, etc.) but take OUT $25,000. Why are you so intent on defending people with an average 10th grade education, who come here illegally and are "net takers"? All because we need someone to pick tomatoes?

A big reason that Americans "won't do these jobs" (which is arguable in and of itself) is because illegals have driven down the wages so low.

Side question: How can liberals argue for an increase in minimum wage to $15 at the same time they are advocating for the importation of illegals who will do that work, under the table, for a third of that? You have two opposing positions!

https://amac.us/illegal-immigration-cost-1/
I have told that poster umpteen times that only 2-4% of illegals are picking crops and that there are unlimited visas for legal, foreign farm workers yet he continues to repeat himself over and over anyway that we need illegals to pick crops. Huh???? I have also posted a link proving that illegal aliens cost us more than what they put into our tax coffers yet he continues to repeat himself over and over on that one to. He continues to claim that illegals are only doing jobs that Americans won't do (for a fair wage) and that is simply false. He must have a huge void between his ears.

I suspect he has ethnic ties to illegal aliens and that is why he keeps defending them.

I have also asked the same question in regards to raising the minimum wage (which I am all for in theory) but how will that work with access to millions of cheap, illegal labor? The employers will be even less inclined to hire Americans. I swear these pro-illegals don't have a brain in their heads.

Old Today, 07:38 AM

37,616 posts, read 16,653,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
Post an ad in southern California.
If that poster is hiring illegal aliens he is breaking the law! I swear, I can't believe that these anti-Americans actually have the nerve to brag about it.

Old Today, 07:39 AM

9,167 posts, read 2,601,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Well if they have its because of republicans. I live in an extreme republican town. In the south. Every local roofing company uses mexicans. Seems GOP are hypocrites,
I would say that it is a bi-partisan problem and only a partisan hack would claim otherwise.

Old Today, 07:42 AM

3,651 posts, read 989,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Yep, first Democrats low balled out free market labor with slaves, then mass immigration from E. S. Europe, now mass illegals from latin America.
Yep. All the men in my family were carpenters down here in Florida, and they did fine until unions started to block jobs, so developers had no choice but to use illegal workers. My father, uncle and cousin ended up having to go to the Cayman islands to get work because the illegals took over everything over here. And the developers loved it because now they don't have to pay out taxes and workman's comp. If someone got hurt on the job, they just left in fear of being discovered. And it's sick to see the democrats are all for this, either that, or they are just that stupid to believe that illegals are doing the work that Americans won't do. Funny thing, I have yet to see illegals try to do one of the most dangerous jobs in the world, changing lights on towers. I have seen mostly European males attempt to do that harrowing job. Heck, look at photos before the mass immigration of workers on the construction of highrises. Mostly European males. Again, has nothing to do with people not wanting to work, it's that greedy companies want cheap labor off the books so if something happens, they are not liable. The most expensive things for a company to maintain is their labor and insurance. Less people on the books, the cheaper the insurance.

Old Today, 07:55 AM

31 posts, read 2,842 times
Both democrats and Republicans, conservatives and sjws love cheap labor from overseas while the rest can enjoy living in their community.

Old Today, 08:06 AM

14,045 posts, read 12,762,681 times
In other words: “We need illegal workers to keep wages down so that we don’t have to pay living wages.”

Old Today, 08:10 AM

332 posts, read 98,310 times
If I ran the place, I'd be deporting all the illegals, and the welfare system would turn into a bartering arrangement; every able-bodied welfare recipient would be doing a job in exchange for benefits.

Like that's going to happen.

Old Today, 10:19 AM

7,233 posts, read 1,855,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The first gen of immigrants are always an expense. The payoff comes when those educated 2nd gen kids (and especially their children) start contributing to the economy and paying taxes. Think long.
The first generation of poor immigrants.

Here in Arizona there are lots of 2nd generation kids who end up dropping out of school and getting on public assistance. Certainly lots that don't contribute at all. With our huge budget deficits we can't afford to carry a whole generation of people by spending billions on them yearly.

Bring in immigrants that have assets and an education instead of those working under the table cleaning houses and construction or at the worst selling illegal drugs.

Let non violent prisoners out one year early under the condition they take a job that is current done by people here illegally. Farm work, construction or fast food. Every time ICE catching one illegal give the prisoner the job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies