Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 10:16 PM

22,449 posts, read 11,972,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
You said you hire illegals for $11 an hour. Now you are saying you hire a company that hires them.

When you hire someone directly ask to see their ID. Unless you are in a state that gives illegals a drivers license if they don't have one then you got your answer.
Well said!

I ran out of rep or I would have repped you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2019, 08:11 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Most illegals aren't mowing residential lawns for a living either. They have taken over commercial landscaping jobs that use to pay a fair wage to Americans. Overall, most illegals are working in construction.

Old 08-25-2019, 08:14 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Most illegals aren't mowing residential lawns for a living either. They have taken over commercial landscaping jobs that use to pay a fair wage to Americans. Overall, most illegals are working in construction.
Yet we still have a shortage of construction workers in some areas

Old 08-25-2019, 08:25 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Yet we still have a shortage of construction workers in some areas
Because illegals are undercutting construction workers, which used to pay a decent wage.

Penalty for illegals in the construction industry:

1) An employer knowingly hiring an illegal gets a penalty. (That can be hard to prove.)

2) Any illegal who stole an honest American's SS# in order to gain employment and thus lowered wages for real Americans get deported. Bye-bye.

Old 08-25-2019, 08:35 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Time and time again, democrats demonstrate their differential standards for different races, all while accusing republicans of being racist.

His statement is not racist, it is the truth, and, if anything, a testament to how people from other countries are willing to do things we are not to survive. This does not lower our view of those folks, it speaks very highly of their great work ethic and survival skills.

You can spin it any way you want, but the truth is, most Americans are too lazy and too good to take a job mowing lawns or picking fruit all day long. There is no shame in people who will work hard for a living.

Old 08-25-2019, 09:00 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
His statement is not racist, it is the truth, and, if anything, a testament to how people from other countries are willing to do things we are not to survive. This does not lower our view of those folks, it speaks very highly of their great work ethic and survival skills.

You can spin it any way you want, but the truth is, most Americans are too lazy and too good to take a job mowing lawns or picking fruit all day long. There is no shame in people who will work hard for a living.
I agree the statement was not racist. However if it was a conservative who made the statement it would be called racist by those on the left and the MSM. Its often the messenger not the message as to whether something is spun as racist or not.

In big cities the COL is too high and the lifestyle one needs to lead to cut grass or grunt construction work (living in a house with huge family that all chip in or sleeping on someone's couch) is something most Americans do not want to do. Lots of these immigrants are just here to make a buck. They have family and kids back home. Living in a crammed living situation is fine because long term they might go back home at some point. Here often is not home.

Lots of Americans work hard and are not lazy. I have rental property in flyover country. A white American cuts the grass for me there. I had an office in Idaho and a white 60 year old cleaned the offices and restrooms there. But in those areas you can do this sort of work and live a good middle class life. That is what many Americans want. That is not being lazy.

Old 08-25-2019, 09:40 AM

15,821 posts, read 6,527,022 times
We need illegal immigrants during the Fall to run the leaf blowers in the rain. Who else is going to do that?

Old 08-25-2019, 10:56 AM

I swear to God what is wrong with these lefty liberals and ethnocentrics that keep spouting the same old lies in here no matter how many times they have been set straight?

Mowing residential lawns has been something our American youth have always done and commercial landscaping jobs our adult Americans have always done for a fair wage also. So why the lies?

How many gazillion times do I have to repeat that crop picking isn't a career job especially for urban Americans and it's only seasonal work before the ole crop picking argument is stopped being used by these same lying fools? That's why we have the unlimited visas for those jobs for legal, foreign crop pickers. So what do we need illegal aliens for except to make the rich, richer? Just like clockwork though the same old lying fools in here will repeat the crop picking argument again, ad nausem!!!

They are usually of the same ethnic group of these illegal foreigners that are claiming that they are superior to Americans. Isn't that racism????

Old 08-25-2019, 11:20 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

So why don't you and your family mow lawns and pick fruit all day long? Are you too lazy and too good?

I'm sick and tired of hypocritical leftist not practicing what they preach.

Old 08-25-2019, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
So why don't you and your family mow lawns and pick fruit all day long? Are you too lazy and too good?

I'm sick and tired of hypocritical leftist not practicing what they preach.
Exactly! Bet he and his family aren't picking fruit or mowing lawns as a career. I guess they are just too lazy or is it because they aren't career jobs just as I explained why most Americans aren't doing those jobs but that doesn't mean we need illegal aliens to do them when there are visas for legal workers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies