U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 04:22 PM

568 posts, read 118,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You think an HOA will keep neighborhoods white?

Where do you people live? I live in an HOA neighbhood and it's very diverse. Full of educated people with good jobs; not limited to one skin color.

Separation by income and separation by public habits. It's not perfect, but pretty effective I'd say.

Old 08-24-2019, 04:28 PM

49,027 posts, read 45,940,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberrySoup View Post
Separation by income and separation by public habits. It's not perfect, but pretty effective I'd say.
Such things would keep members of the White underclass out. Here is the thing. What if a predominantly White area is not high income?

Old 08-24-2019, 04:29 PM

3,461 posts, read 4,029,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatTheFox View Post
If you cannot see what is wrong with that statement coming from a person holding a public office then I cannot help you. You are one of those minorities that I mentioned in my previous post.

Would you be fine if a Mayor had said "We should keep this city clean from Whites"?
Two words.......Coleman Young.

Old 08-24-2019, 04:37 PM

3,461 posts, read 4,029,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Old ladies? All races get old not just the white ones. If you are implying that whites are inferior to minorities in looks then what does that make you?
My point exactly.

Old 08-24-2019, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
Two words.......Coleman Young.
Explain. I went looking for his quotes, and I couldn't find anything about him telling Whites to leave Detroit. I didn't find a quote of him telling criminals to leave Detroit.

Quote:
I issue a warning to all those pushers, to all rip-off artists, to all muggers: It's time to leave Detroit; hit Eight Mile Road! And I don't give a damn if they are black or white, or if they wear Superfly suits or blue uniforms with silver badges. Hit the road.

Old 08-24-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Really? Could you put that into context? How if you are not aggressive, you are not racist--because that is bizarre thought. Cannot even call it logic--it isn't.

"Husband and wife need to be the same race. Same thing with kids," she said. "That's how it's been from the beginning of, how can I say, when God created the heaven and the earth. He created Adam and Eve at the same time. But as far as me being against blacks, no I'm not."

Nah--she's not racist. Sounds like the daughter of the Grand Wizard.
Growing up, I don't remember any minister or priest saying those words. I only remember a few students saying those things (in high school no less). When I asked a youth pastor, he confirmed that interracial marriages aren't wrong.

Old 08-24-2019, 05:38 PM

10,191 posts, read 6,742,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberrySoup View Post
Exactly.

The counter-move is to not have public accommodations. No parks, no zoos, no mass transit. That's why we can't have nice things. Basically, it's one of the raison d'etres for suburbia.

It's not dissimilar to to (I understand) the LVegas approach to homelessness. Put the homeless facilities in the outskirts, and don't provide transit.
Well, that sounds like what some Southern states did when they were forced to integrate schools, libraries, recreational facilities by Federal order. Close them. The Commonwealth of Virginia was infamous for doing that.

Cutting ones nose to spite one's face. And that says a lot about the people doing that.

Old 08-24-2019, 05:39 PM

10,792 posts, read 4,359,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
It's obvious when you know your city's suburbs very well and they jump on the interstate nearby. That alone tells me where the closest area they are likely going back to and how many similar supermarkets at a minimum they passed on the way.
I'm very puzzled by this.

What do you make of that, mtl1? And why does it bother you, that someone from another part of town is patronizing businesses in your part of town, spending their dollars there?

I would guess they feel like they're getting better groceries, or a better price, or more variety, or a better shopping experience.

You're guessing they're trying to make you mad?

Old 08-24-2019, 05:43 PM

13,113 posts, read 4,032,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Such things would keep members of the White underclass out. Here is the thing. What if a predominantly White area is not high income?
It's a lot better than being or becoming a diverse area that is not high income. The wealthy liberals price people out they do not want to live near to have their mostly homogenous neighborhoods.

Old 08-24-2019, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
It's a lot better than being or becoming a diverse area that is not high income. The wealthy liberals price people out they do not want to live near to have their mostly homogenous neighborhoods.
You didn't answer my question.

And anyway, it isn't just wealthy liberals that price people out. Wealthy conservatives do this to. It will keep out poor minorities. It will also keep out poor Whites. And alot of working class White areas can't price people out. Working class areas regardless of ethnicity can't really price anyone out, unless wealthy people from outside the area perform gentrification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies