Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 02:07 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I think if a certain city, town or community wants to make it the policy they should be able to.

It wouldn't be needed if there wasn't open borders, people who impose themselves on others and are bad neighbors, classmates and coworkers. People should go where they are wanted or at least strive to be acceptable where they want to go.
And I don't. I think it's an ugly policy. I'm glad a city can't do that anymore. And policies prohibiting people of a certain race from living in certain cities/towns, it had nothing to do with "open borders". It had everything to do with "we think those people are inferior". It was the fear of Blacks moving to an area, regardless if their were committing crimes or not.

I'll go live wherever I want to go. If said persons there don't like it, the only thing they can do to stop me is kill me. And that's illegal. I will go to places that I see fit, not where someone wants me to go to.

Old 08-24-2019, 02:09 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm thinking of moving to Marysville just to make Jean Cramer mad. Not really, but well, I say this. I'm going to do whatever I want. If I want to be there, and I have the money to there, no one can stop me except through illegal means. And I'm glad it's this way. Anyone who has a problem with it, too bad.
Yes really. People just don't want homogenous communities of whites to exist out of spite.

For example, I've been watching for years "diverse" people drive 20 miles past at least 3 diverse Supermarkets to be seen at the white community's supermarket out of spite. They even move to the community out of spite. There should be official policy to prevent a community from having spiteful neighbors moving in.

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
I think if a certain city, town or community wants to make it the policy they should be able to.

It wouldn't be needed if there wasn't open borders, people who impose themselves on others and are bad neighbors, classmates and coworkers. People should go where they are wanted or at least strive to be acceptable where they want to go.
And something else. I had to add this to the post you replied to.
Quote:
And you didn't answer why more Blacks didn't go to Marysville. You only answered why Whites went there.
I had to bring that up because you mentioned why Whites went to Marysville. You didn't answer why you think more Blacks DIDN'T go to Marysville. I'm mean, it's next door to Port Huron.

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times
Quote:

Well if that ever becomes law Im gonna drink from whatever fountain I want with one finger up in the air.

Old 08-24-2019, 02:11 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
It'll be interesting to see if she gets elected. She's certainly achieved the goal candidates have of making her message "stand out" and separate her from others on the ballot. :-/

So I took a Google street view tour of Marysville, wondering why the population is 97% white. It's about 20 miles from Detroit, that has a very large black population.

I thought maybe the housing was outrageously expensive, and so fewer minorities might choose to live there.

Nope. I found a lot of very affordable housing. Some upper middle class, some middle class, and some clearly working class neighborhoods.

My guess is, this woman is not at all alone in her thinking in her town - and that's why she felt so emboldened so state her views publicly in a public forum. Because that's how her neighbors feel, and they're also vocal about it. She's accustomed to speaking this way, and hearing others speak this way.

There's SOMETHING keeping minorities out. And my guess is, it's because the town is pretty verbal about their preferences for white neighbors only.

Old 08-24-2019, 02:15 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
I had to bring that up because you mentioned why Whites went to Marysville. You didn't answer why you think more Blacks DIDN'T go to Marysville. I'm mean, it's next door to Port Huron.
What purpose would it serve for the minority black population in Port Huron to move to Marysville besides make them a smaller minority in Port Huron and lower homogeneity in Marysville ?

Old 08-24-2019, 02:17 PM

732 posts, read 390,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Nope. I found a lot of very affordable housing. Some upper middle class, some middle class, and some clearly working class neighborhoods.
The rich are fairly immune to a change in demographics, the working class not so much.

I can see the concern.

Old 08-24-2019, 02:17 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,647 times
We are such a flawed species..........imagine if for instance dogs or cats bickered about who could live where according to their color....sheesh

Old 08-24-2019, 02:18 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
LMAO Finally--an honest politician.

But she didn't even have to be. Just like most hoity-toity Democrat limousine liberals, who crap in their "city council" digs, then go home to their non-diverse zip codes.

Old 08-24-2019, 02:20 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
There is something that needs to be corrected. It is not against Christian faith to mix with someone of a different race. I've personally asked priests and pastors about this. Some people used a passage in the Bible and twisted it to mean such to justify their bigoted mentality.
Well, the South African Dutch Reformed Church used or interpreted religion to justify apartheid policies, such as referring to black people as hewers of wood and drawers of water, for hundreds of years. It's only since the 80s that they saw the writing on the wall and renounced such racist interpretations.

So folks can use religion to justify almost anything if you're imaginative, which is sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies