U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 03:43 PM

1,661 posts, read 661,239 times

Advertisements

I'm a straight white conservative male. I'm the easiest person there is to fire. I have zero protection other than work ethic and the value I bring to an employer.

Welcome to my world snowflake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 03:46 PM

9,448 posts, read 4,297,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
I'm a straight white conservative male. I'm the easiest person there is to fire. I have zero protection other than work ethic and the value I bring to an employer.

You aren't required to keep your wife a secret in order to keep your job. You can bring her to the company holiday party and have a picture of her on your desk and nobody is going to care.

Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM

5,231 posts, read 1,027,859 times
Quote:

Maybe now us straight White conservative men are fairly easy to fire, but LGBT people are also people that can easily be fired!

Old Yesterday, 04:53 PM

32,371 posts, read 20,402,223 times
Quote:

Oh yes. The much abused white male. Man, you've guys had it so hard. eing in charge of the corporations and government, the lynch mobs....

My.... "heart" goes out to you.

Edited to add: I repeated this to DH, conservative, white, military, law enforcement. HE thought you were crazy.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Last edited by Mikala43; Yesterday at 05:03 PM..

Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM

1,661 posts, read 661,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Maybe now us straight White conservative men are fairly easy to fire, but LGBT people are also people that can easily be fired!
They want equality right? We can all be fired as equals now.

Old Yesterday, 05:46 PM

4,756 posts, read 3,668,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
So much of the Republican platform and agenda is built around homophobia and downright pure hatred for the LGBT community that I have no respect for the log cabin Republicans. The ultimate goal of most Christian conservatives is to force gays back into the closet. In fact, anger over same-sex marriage being legalized is one of the main reasons Trump is so popular. And yes, most conservatives simply cannot accept that the 1950s are over and are trying to force us all back there at any cost. At this point I'm really starting to lose hope that we will even have a choice when this is all said and done.
So basically, so much of the Republican platform is based on mean spirited exclusion of others and anyone seen by them as different. They are the epitome of the worst in the human spirit which is tainted by fear, ignorance and again, meanness. This is why, even though I believe in smaller government and fiscal responsibility, I am still opposed to the nasty gop. Itís really too bad how evil and mean they are.

Old Yesterday, 06:39 PM

7,634 posts, read 4,377,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
So basically, so much of the Republican platform is based on mean spirited exclusion of others and anyone seen by them as different. They are the epitome of the worst in the human spirit which is tainted by fear, ignorance and again, meanness. This is why, even though I believe in smaller government and fiscal responsibility, I am still opposed to the nasty gop. Itís really too bad how evil and mean they are.
Yep they need to rediscover the truths in the Declaration of Independence. The religious right has corrupted them and they no longer stand for liberty.

Old Yesterday, 06:49 PM

2,655 posts, read 900,666 times
I don't know if the law actually protects people on the basis of sexual orientation - that's for the Supreme Court to rule on. But what i want to know is why the Trump Administration goes out of its way - filling a 34 page brief - to urge the SC to rule there is no protection. I mean, what does the Administration have to gain? Why are they so eager to see to it that gays can be fired just for being gay?

Old Yesterday, 06:54 PM

7,634 posts, read 4,377,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Most likely Log Cabin Republicans believe businesses have the right to hire and fire whomever they choose for whatever reason they choose.
Thereís drama within the group including resignations.
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/08/27/p...gns/index.html

Old Yesterday, 06:54 PM

30,364 posts, read 16,855,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I don't know if the law actually protects people on the basis of sexual orientation - that's for the Supreme Court to rule on. But what i want to know is why the Trump Administration goes out of its way - filling a 34 page brief - to urge the SC to rule there is no protection. I mean, what does the Administration have to gain? Why are they so eager to see to it that gays can be fired just for being gay?
They use this as an issue to gin up their evangelical base. As it turns out, Republicans really don't care too much about 'small government' and free trade - the Republican platform of old.

What they DO care about are the homos, guns, and abortions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies