U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM

30,747 posts, read 20,290,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
The employer invited themself when they ask about your dependents, emergency contacts and their relation to you, company parties that invite spouses, etc.
Isn't that (emergency notification, power of attorney, hospital visitation rights) one of the central arguments used by the left to justify same-sex marriage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:24 PM

7,634 posts, read 4,377,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Isn't that (emergency notification, power of attorney, hospital visitation rights) one of the central arguments used by the left to justify same-sex marriage?
Used by humans interested in fair treatment of the law, yes.

Old Yesterday, 07:35 PM

30,747 posts, read 20,290,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Of course it is.

The majority have defined it to include the concept of not excluding someone for their innate characteristics.
That's not how the 1964 CRA is worded and the question we are debating.

Old Today, 04:04 AM

1,661 posts, read 661,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Oh yes. The much abused white male. Man, you've guys had it so hard. eing in charge of the corporations and government, the lynch mobs....

My.... "heart" goes out to you.

Edited to add: I repeated this to DH, conservative, white, military, law enforcement. HE thought you were crazy.
You and he can have your opinion. I never said I'm oppressed. I let my work show my value to the company and I have security in that. I have no further protections than that. I can be fired for ANYTHING.

Is there any group of employees that is easier to fire with no or minimal legal reprocussions?

I think not.

Do straight white males get any preferential hiring treatment? Nope.

Last edited by drinkthekoolaid; Today at 04:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies