U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 03:10 AM

3,167 posts, read 982,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Equality of opportunity in a super unequal society. You must believe in Santa to believe in that. How do you imagine equality of opportunity in the midst of inequality? Are inner city kids equal with elite private school preppies just because they can apply to the same universities?

You must believe nonsensical things to keep together your worldview of a hopeful peasant, a peasant putting up with a lot of bs in an exchange for a flickering hope to join the fleecing classes whose progeny are destined for cushy corporate jobs and fat investment portfolios, rain or shine, if desired they can convert cash and family connections in power. Funny you talk equal opportunity and meritocracy when the stable genius is our president, and absolute poster child for American meritocracy and equality of opportunity - Bush Ii was our President for 8 years.
Believing that all people should have equality of opportunity has nothing to do with fantasy.

If you do not believe that is something that should be, so be it. However saying people should be treated differently under the law based on your opinions is nothing less than tyrannical subjugation of innocents.

Somewhere between your meritless insults and unhinged opinions, I believe I see your point.

You truly believe in government enforcement of "equality of outcomes"? So, you are a Harrison Bergeron devotee?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 03:35 AM

18,872 posts, read 9,218,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Believing that all people should have equality of opportunity has nothing to do with fantasy.

If you do not believe that is something that should be, so be it. However saying people should be treated differently under the law based on your opinions is nothing less than tyrannical subjugation of innocents.

Somewhere between your meritless insults and unhinged opinions, I believe I see your point.

You truly believe in government enforcement of "equality of outcomes"? So, you are a Harrison Bergeron devotee?
It's called Tyranny, and Oppression based on what THEY want. Government enforced outcomes for their pet Identities, none of which are White Male.

Old Today, 06:24 AM

893 posts, read 280,902 times
a better descriptor? try Humanism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanism

many people believe in the good/bad ..all or nothing paradigm.... people in the real world are all over the map in their beliefs

while researching the religious right i came across the little publicized fact that that shows many christian evangelist support the state of Israel while personally NOT supporting Jewishness in general and in fact are anti-Semitic at the personal level....
you can find studies made within the Evangelical community recognizing the difference between Zionism (Israel state support) and support of the Jewish people in general...
conservative supporters of Israel call others anti-Semitic for merely pointing out this difference..THIS is a result of the binary good/bad world view point...

Old Today, 06:26 AM

19,787 posts, read 12,447,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
How did we end up labeling ultra-leftists "progressives" in the first place? I'll tell ya: they chose that name for themselves, revealing yet again their arrogance, as a way of saying that they are the ones with advanced thinking who would move this country forward (if only conservatives would get out of their way). In truth, the policies they are peddling in order to make every equal, regardless of ability, intelligence, motivation, decent values, etc. (such as reparations, housing downpayments for blacks, health care for illegals, sanctuary cities, and wipe-out of student loan debt), would bring about economic collapse within a decade.

What we be a more apt label for them? I'll start.

1. EQUALIZERS

Fascists

Old Today, 08:05 AM

19,620 posts, read 17,659,958 times
Now I think they've accepted being called " Neoprogs ". Liberals with an authoritarian sentiment.

Old Today, 11:12 AM

13,069 posts, read 4,027,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Equality of opportunity in a super unequal society. You must believe in Santa to believe in that. How do you imagine equality of opportunity in the midst of inequality? Are inner city kids equal with elite private school preppies just because they can apply to the same universities?

You must believe nonsensical things to keep together your worldview of a hopeful peasant, a peasant putting up with a lot of bs in an exchange for a flickering hope to join the fleecing classes whose progeny are destined for cushy corporate jobs and fat investment portfolios, rain or shine, if desired they can convert cash and family connections in power. Funny you talk equal opportunity and meritocracy when the stable genius is our president, and absolute poster child for American meritocracy and equality of opportunity - Bush Ii was our President for 8 years.
People are not equal. If you had a foot race would you expect everyone to finish at the exact same time? You are espousing Marxism of the Frankfort school of critical theory just like I said progressives do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies