U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 02:12 PM

5,177 posts, read 1,018,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Agree. That's what I meant by "equalizers" - that everyone ends up the same, or close to it.

As it is, the "equalizers" have made some immigrants more "equal" than American citizens who have paid taxes all their lives. For example, a bi-monthly medical test I should have to monitor a condition is such a fortune (it used to be covered under my good plan, before Obamacare killed it) that I am stretching it out to semi-annually. At the same time, the older, non-English speaking woman (with the same condition) who came here from Vietnam 30 years ago and NEVER had a job, gets Medicaid - and she gets the bi-monthly medical screening, at no charge to her. (I suppose my taxes go towards paying it.)

Maybe we should change the name to "OVER-EQUALIZERS"!
To use commons political slang, what that non-English speaking woman is getting is "privilege".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 02:22 PM

574 posts, read 113,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Progress Bad.

Ted Roosevelt was a progressive - probably the first well known one because he believed in a certain equality between labor and capital and he did trust busting. He felt that a Square Deal for working people was important to our nation.
'Progress' implying forward progress no doubt.

The difference is that we are moving from the 20th C. split in politics, which was centered around economics and the power of government, back to a more normal state, which is all about culture.

So ask yourself whether 'progressives' are for or against Western Civilization. The answer is fairly obvious to me.

Old Today, 03:43 PM

8,718 posts, read 1,988,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
Tax hikers would be a good name for liberals.

They are progressive in that they want to get their grubby hands on progressively more of people's bank accounts.
Do you believe that all taxation is theft?

Old Today, 04:42 PM

40,757 posts, read 40,325,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The "Progressives" don't want EQUALITY, they want EQUITY which means equal outcomes through REDISTRIBUTION by the use of big Government. I don't have a catchy name for that. It certainly isn't American. It certainly isn't "fair". It is more like criminal theft.
Equal opportunity is great, most fair minded people agree. Equal outcomes are different. Nothing in life is guaranteed. Progressives try to force equal outcomes. Not going to happen.

The OP is right, equalizers is more appropriate.

It's the same silly logic driving the everyone gets a trophy, there are no losers mentality.

Bunch of horse****, It's why the Chinese will take over in the coming decades. America has turned into a bunch of candy asses. We're going soft. We're fatter and dumber than we've ever been.

Old Today, 05:00 PM

18,858 posts, read 9,210,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Equal opportunity is great, most fair minded people agree. Equal outcomes are different. Nothing in life is guaranteed. Progressives try to force equal outcomes. Not going to happen.

The OP is right, equalizers is more appropriate.

It's the same silly logic driving the everyone gets a trophy, there are no losers mentality.

Bunch of horse****, It's why the Chinese will take over in the coming decades. America has turned into a bunch of candy asses. We're going soft. We're fatter and dumber than we've ever been.
Yes, we're weak, worrying about who is OH SO OFFENDED NEXT, and being idiotic. I bet the Chinese are calling us "women" at this point.

Old Today, 05:32 PM

67,276 posts, read 34,257,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Antifa aren't anarchists. They're Marxists.
The means to the end.
After anarchy, Marxism steps in, to "save the people"

Old Today, 06:00 PM

5,177 posts, read 1,018,041 times
I think "snowflake" is an appropriate term to various members of/on either side.

Old Today, 06:00 PM

1,540 posts, read 365,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
If a MAGA asks what a leftist looks like I tell them to look in the mirror.
Yeah, you've been posting a lot about your projection lately.

To declare Trump as a leftist is twilight zone gas lighting complete illogical nonsense; laughable, and sad.

And pathetic.

Old Today, 06:12 PM

37,624 posts, read 16,653,651 times
I would call them "deranged".

Old Today, 07:20 PM

8,718 posts, read 1,988,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The means to the end.
After anarchy, Marxism steps in, to "save the people"
I recommend some Mises, Rothbard, and Murphy. Anarchy has nothing to do with Marxism.

Lew Rockwell is a good resource as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies