U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 05:48 PM
 
37,638 posts, read 16,660,802 times
Reputation: 10194

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Several years ago I lived in a southern state where the locals complained that immigrants were taking all the jobs when jobs were in short supply. The politicians rallied and passed legislation preventing farmers from contracting Mexican farm workers.
When it came time for planting the American workers showed up, but once they got a taste of what real farm labor work was most went to lunch never to return. The farmers suffered major losses that year because they couldn't get much of their crops planted and what was planted succumbed to lack of farm labor.

It isn't that we need a slave class. We do need workers who will work in 95 degree heat with the sun beating down on them all day. If you think driving a tractor is what immigrants do you are sadly mistaken. The work is hard and physically demanding that is performed in all sorts of nasty weather. Try to find an American who will work under those conditions for farm wages.
Trump also likes illegal immigrants because there were several of them at Mar A Lago and Trump Tower. You can bet that Trump also employed illegals at his casinos before his great business sense cause them to go belly up.

This thread is another attempt to discredit democrats. These republican Trump supporters are running scared. They can no longer defend Demented Don who declared he is the Messiah. The economy is about to explode with a worldwide recession all credited to Comrade Trump. When these trumpsters can climb no higher they will reach out and try to drag others down to their level.
Why did the farmers suffer major losses when there are unlimited visas for legal, foreign farm workers? I'm assuming that the locals complained because these Mexicans were here illegally instead here on those visas and rightly so! Why do you keep using the word "immigrants" when it's plain to see that you are speaking of illegal aliens?

Farming isn't a career job for urban Americans and crop picking is only seasonal and that's why we have those unlimited visas. Most illegals aren't working on farms or picking crops anyway they have taken once good paying jobs that Americans have always done for a fair wage. I also have news for you, roofing, road work, etc. (working out in the hot sun all day) are also jobs that Americans used to do until millions of cheap illegals flooded our border willing to work for less making their greedy employers richer.

Trump has never been convicted of "knowingly" having had illegals working for him. Rich people like him don't hire manual laborers themselves. Once it was discovered that some illegals had used fake or stolen documents to work there they were fired and Trump now uses e-verify on all of his properties so you were saying?

You sure make a lot of unfounded assumptions and accusations, don't you? Democrats should be ashamed of themselves for not supporting good physical barriers on the border, crying every time an illegal is deported, they want another massive amnesty and support sanctuary cities. You can't say that about Trump and most Republicans though. How is the Democrats stance on this issue good for our country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 05:51 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
67,288 posts, read 34,268,899 times
Reputation: 14491
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Again... So your holding it against illegals that they're too honest to jump on welfare? You guys always bring up how illegals are scamming welfare. Now you're mad that they're not scamming welfare?
Once again, it went right over your head.....
End welfare and Americans fill jobs that illegals do.
Not that they don't want to do jobs Americans "won't" do. It just doesn't pay as well as WELFARE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:53 PM
 
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan
12,856 posts, read 14,136,479 times
Reputation: 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
That's irrelevant that it never paid a living wage. Does that position generate profit for the company? If yes, then wages should be commensurate with the profit it generates. Simple math and business operations.

The wages are paid out of the profits of the companies, like every other business in every other industry. They are paying wages that commensurate the experience and value of the labor being traded for the wage. Don't like it, go work somewhere else, if you are worth a higher wage. Nothing changed just because Obama was president. In fact, he doesn't support your position or talking points anymore than I do. Only the loony leftists who have proven they are incompetent and unworthy of support are clinging to $15/hr for burger flippers, because it's all the ammo they have left. All their other policies are just as bad, and most rational democrats know it.


I don't know why democrats like you think America should turn it's back on everything that made this country a 1st world nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM
 
Location: Chicago, IL
6,979 posts, read 3,470,719 times
Reputation: 2962
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Once again, it went right over your head.....
End welfare and Americans fill jobs that illegals do.
Not that they don't want to do jobs Americans "won't" do. It just doesn't pay as well as WELFARE.
So your argument is that people working jobs that don't pay enough, should stop working those jobs and take up jobs that still don't pay enough? Interesting...

And the old people with age-induced problems... They should also take up those jobs that young & middle aged workers are breaking they're backs doing? Again, very interesting...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:00 PM
 
13,321 posts, read 6,372,206 times
Reputation: 11120
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Again... So your holding it against illegals that they're too honest to jump on welfare? You guys always bring up how illegals are scamming welfare. Now you're mad that they're not scamming welfare?
LOL! The term "honest illegal alien" is an oxymoron.

If you believe that there are no illegals who scam the system, then I have some oceanfront property in AZ to sell to you. Let me know if you're interested

Besides, once illegals birth an anchor baby, said baby is eligible for all sorts of welfare freebies. If you think illegals turn down those freebies, then you are naive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:01 PM
 
5,192 posts, read 1,021,635 times
Reputation: 2055
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Yes, we know your imagination trumps reality
Funny that you mention "trumps". Oh boy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM
 
Location: Chicago, IL
6,979 posts, read 3,470,719 times
Reputation: 2962
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
The wages are paid out of the profits of the companies, like every other business in every other industry. They are paying wages that commensurate the experience and value of the labor being traded for the wage. Don't like it, go work somewhere else, if you are worth a higher wage. Nothing changed just because Obama was president. In fact, he doesn't support your position or talking points anymore than I do. Only the loony leftists who have proven they are incompetent and unworthy of support are clinging to $15/hr for burger flippers, because it's all the ammo they have left. All their other policies are just as bad, and most rational democrats know it.


I don't know why democrats like you think America should turn it's back on everything that made this country a 1st world nation.
Again... That's NOT the argument you made. If you're done with the BS argument that burger flipping is beneath adults to work, we can move on to talking about the value that burger flippers bring. Are you done with BS argument or are you still sticking to it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:06 PM
 
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan
12,856 posts, read 14,136,479 times
Reputation: 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Again... That's NOT the argument you made. If you're done with the BS argument that burger flipping is beneath adults to work, we can move on to talking about the value that burger flippers bring. Are you done with BS argument or are you still sticking to it?

This is like talking to a child that has never had any real world experience. I can't believe I must waste my time explaining to a grown ass adult WHY a burger flipping job does not and cannot support a family. Unless you wish to eliminate 75% of the workforce and replace them with automated food production methods. What in the hell are they teaching young impressionable minds today??? I'm done. You can do a victory lap if you wish, but it does not change facts and reality.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Funny that you mention "trumps". Oh boy.

That really triggers the deranged, rabid left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:15 PM
 
Location: Chicago, IL
6,979 posts, read 3,470,719 times
Reputation: 2962
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
This is like talking to a child that has never had any real world experience. I can't believe I must waste my time explaining to a grown ass adult WHY a burger flipping job does not and cannot support a family. Unless you wish to eliminate 75% of the workforce and replace them with automated food production methods. What in the hell are they teaching young impressionable minds today??? I'm done. You can do a victory lap if you wish, but it does not change facts and reality.





That really triggers the deranged, rabid left.
Most households in America are two-income, so in most of America, a family could survive on full-time minimum wage jobs. And in case you don't feel like doing the math, that's adds up to 40-50k/year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:22 PM
 
13,321 posts, read 6,372,206 times
Reputation: 11120
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Most households in America are two-income, so in most of America, a family could survive on full-time minimum wage jobs. And in case you don't feel like doing the math, that's adds up to 40-50k/year.
A family with how many kids?

"Most of America"? Gimme a break!

Where, exactly, in America can such a family with kids survive on minimum wage jobs? Do tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top