U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:56 AM

8,015 posts, read 3,536,212 times

Advertisements

Trump is a danger to our nation. I just wish people would wake up before we lose our democracy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:58 AM

9,530 posts, read 2,904,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Trump isn't going to force companies to do anything. He is making these statements to scare China. Plus he only said he would order companies to LOOK FOR alternative places to do business, not "make them move". Get a grip Libs.

The NYT is an irresponsible Trump hating propaganda machine.
Yeah, that makes it better, lol.

Old Yesterday, 11:00 AM

5,204 posts, read 5,126,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Nope.

Capitalism is inherently free. It is merely the voluntary exchange of goods and services between consenting parties. There is nothing coercive about it whatsoever.
There is nothing voluntary about capitalist exchanges unless one adopts Orwellian definitions. Capitalists invests great deal in brainwashing from cradle to grave for the proles to adopt Orwellian outlooks on freedoms. The lower on the capitalist food chain you sit the more involuntary your decisions and exchanges become. Concentration of capital wipes out genuine freedom of many to benefit a few.

Old Yesterday, 11:27 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,448,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
No he hasn't. He's a great negotiator, and the first President to stand up to the Chinese for a long time. They are NOT our friends, and have been taking advantage of us for decades. Read what he ACTUALLY said, not what the NYT makes you THINK he said.
The exact quote as it appears on Donald Trump's Twitter account:

Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China, including bringing our companies HOME and making your products in the USA,” he wrote on Twitter, adding, “We don’t need China and, frankly, would be far better off without them.”

Wall Street read what Trump "ACTUALLY said" and stocks fell by more than 600 points. The great negotiator is going to put the economy in a tailspin just in time for Christmas if he keeps it up.

Old Yesterday, 12:38 PM

23,856 posts, read 12,569,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty Seven View Post
The big question here is, when China starts interfering in the 2020 election on behalf of Trump's opponents will it be considered as big of a deal as Russia's interference in the 2016 election was?
oh NOW you are worried about interference -- lol.

I suspect that every country will be watched.

And if Biden starts having secret meetings with Chinese officials -- and the FBI finds proof China is meddling -- then yes please -- full investigation.

Until that happens.

Let's not forget that the Trump campaign most definitely entertained the idea of working with the Russians to influence the election.

Old Yesterday, 12:39 PM

1,161 posts, read 919,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Trump is a communist.
Quite near it. He acts,speaks and lies like typical communist.
And now he tells companies were to sell and what to do,that is real commie style.
His fans just can not see this...well, they can but they just can not handle the truth.

From world history we can find examples how communist leaders act, pumps out money from the state to them self and close ones...No wonder that Kim Jong Un is his love buddy, both have same style.

Old Yesterday, 12:47 PM
nng

233 posts, read 53,912 times
This might be a stupid comment, but I think the end game and goal of trump is to weaken a rising china, so china will no longer be able to rival U.S. power and hegemony. I don't think the end game is necessarily to bring back jobs or manufacturing to America. I just want to ask fellow commenters on city data; who do think is winning this trade war? Is china outclassing trump? Is trump really the master negotiator? What is your alls take on this!

Old Yesterday, 12:56 PM
nng

233 posts, read 53,912 times
I just think this trade war is going to get very ugly. We see how the farmers have been affected by this trade war. I hope other industries in the USA will not get hammered like the farming sector.

Old Yesterday, 12:59 PM

11,206 posts, read 11,044,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Trump is a danger to our nation. I just wish people would wake up before we lose our democracy.
Lots of gullible double digit IQ high school dropout deplorables out there unfortunately. They love the Manchurian candidate

Old Yesterday, 01:34 PM

4,553 posts, read 2,705,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
This might be a stupid comment, but I think the end game and goal of trump is to weaken a rising china, so china will no longer be able to rival U.S. power and hegemony. I don't think the end game is necessarily to bring back jobs or manufacturing to America. I just want to ask fellow commenters on city data; who do think is winning this trade war? Is china outclassing trump? Is trump really the master negotiator? What is your alls take on this!
This is a pissing contest. China is overtaking the US as the dominate economic force in the world and the anti-globalists are not happy about it. But it was inevitable since China is clawing its way out of being a backward, agricultural country into being a technical and manufacturing powerhouse. It was always only a matter of time. India will be the next to do this. America is on the decline because the world changes and because Trump does not want to change with it, he wants us to go back to the 1950's. But that era is long gone and there is no going back.

Trump's endgame is partly unachievable - jobs are not going to return to America because of this trade war. And China's business practices that have forced American technology companies to transfer IP (intellectual property) to them are just wily capitalism. - after all, the companies did not have to do business with China, they could have gone elsewhere or manufactured at home. So I doubt those will change.

The one goal that will be corrected is the outright theft of IP, but Trump could achieve that much more effective with an international coalition that ceases to do business with companies that steal IP than with a trade war.

The last issue is fentanyl. But that is a criminal matter not a trade problem. Trump throws that out there to justify his trade war but there are other more effective ways to stop it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or