U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 12:07 AM

5,186 posts, read 1,021,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
My take?

I know what's said about opinions and parts of the anatomy to be true!
The fact that a White woman said it makes it even more daring, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 12:47 AM

12,855 posts, read 14,136,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
There is no escape from the farm, sorry. YOU must benefit the owning class in one way or another. If they cant squeeze a buck you'll pay with your scarecrow value. As I said before you have no legal right to occupy space free of charge for any extended period of time. You have to work to occupy space. Any work must benefit the owners of the farm in the end, no exceptions. If imagining yourself as a free agent in charge of personal Universe helps you to cope, go ahead, just remember to align those dreams with prevailing cash winds or you will see rather fast that it is not about YOU and personally set barriers.

You are living a prison you have built for yourself in your own mind. There is little I can do to change that. And maybe it is for the best. If you don't like working in modern society, you are really not going to like life outside of society, all on your own. You would be doing nothing but work to secure your own survive. You likely have no clue how good you really have it, compared to the alternatives which you are free to pursue.

By the way, food is a necessity. Cash is not. Fact. But I doubt you have the courage to think in such a way. It's more comfortable being a self described slave in modern society, with all it's comforts and amenities.

Old Today, 12:56 AM

4,931 posts, read 1,297,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Who like every other developed nation has STRICT BORDER CONTROL, and very strict immigration law. Yet the Democrats in the U.S. want to be different than all the other developed nations and allow open borders. What outside anti American force is behind this?
Which was my point but Mathguy didn't seem to understand.

Old Today, 12:58 AM

4,931 posts, read 1,297,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It's not my job to explain why your thesis sucked, just pointing out that it did.

Probably something you should have been aware of before postulating the wonders of Canada and Australia over the rest of the west.
Is she incorrect about the immigration policies of Australia and Canada being more restrictive than the US?

Old Today, 12:59 AM

40,761 posts, read 40,334,282 times
The premise is fundamentally flawed.

Old Today, 01:43 AM

5,203 posts, read 5,126,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
You are living a prison you have built for yourself in your own mind. There is little I can do to change that. And maybe it is for the best. If you don't like working in modern society, you are really not going to like life outside of society, all on your own. You would be doing nothing but work to secure your own survive. You likely have no clue how good you really have it, compared to the alternatives which you are free to pursue.

By the way, food is a necessity. Cash is not. Fact. But I doubt you have the courage to think in such a way. It's more comfortable being a self described slave in modern society, with all it's comforts and amenities.
I am glad you destroyed all the barriers in your mind and yet you are a peasant just like me on a farm. You must produce for the owners or else. There are no legal alternatives to being a productive peasant or a reject, do not type as though they exist. Even hippies communes must contribute to the upward flow to occupy space. You like your accommodation and feed, throw in there some imagery of a free agent and life is good... I got it, it is all in my head.

Life outside of society is not a realistic or desirable option, never was. But gradually societies became farms for a few. Nothing gets done if it does not promise upward wealth&power flow, and anything, no matter how deprived and self-destructive, can be done to ensure upward flow. Currently we the peasants commit global ecocide not to survive ourselves but to provide our overlords with more.

Funny you speak about necessity to work to insure survival in the wild and yet your parents started to groom you for work soon after you left the womb, most of your life consists of working or getting ready for work. You work way more than primitive men but less than lesser industrial slaves in the past and present, and yet you have no assurances against deprivations in the midst of plenty, it is something primitive men could not grasp.

Last edited by RememberMee; Today at 02:49 AM..

Old Today, 03:02 AM

30,865 posts, read 33,734,586 times
Is this controversial? The West IS the best.

Old Today, 04:20 AM

12,855 posts, read 14,136,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
I am glad you destroyed all the barriers in your mind and yet you are a peasant just like me on a farm. You must produce for the owners or else. There are no legal alternatives to being a productive peasant or a reject, do not type as though they exist. Even hippies communes must contribute to the upward flow to occupy space. You like your accommodation and feed, throw in there some imagery of a free agent and life is good... I got it, it is all in my head.

Life outside of society is not a realistic or desirable option, never was. But gradually societies became farms for a few. Nothing gets done if it does not promise upward wealth&power flow, and anything, no matter how deprived and self-destructive, can be done to ensure upward flow. Currently we the peasants commit global ecocide not to survive ourselves but to provide our overlords with more.

Funny you speak about necessity to work to insure survival in the wild and yet your parents started to groom you for work soon after you left the womb, most of your life consists of working or getting ready for work. You work way more than primitive men but less than lesser industrial slaves in the past and present, and yet you have no assurances against deprivations in the midst of plenty, it is something primitive men could not grasp.

People like you do a very poor job speaking for me. For everyone else, if you want to be poor, listen to rememberMees's advice... Don't try at all, because nothing is worth doing, because someone else might also benefit from your efforts. That about sums it up.

Old Today, 04:28 AM
Status: "Mock American Greenland, Always!" (set 3 days ago)

4,143 posts, read 2,167,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Yeah, a 'culture' responsible for starting two World Wars must surely be superior.
Not to mention lynchings, racial discrimination, "whites only", and The Northern Irish Troubles. The western world was superior at improving on mathematics, engineering, science -- namely systemizing science, taking technology and mathematics beyond the level of Algebra, etc. Plus developing the institutions needed to make and regulate the capitalist system. I'll grant that. Unfortunately that doesn't translate into moral and ethical leadership.

Old Today, 05:05 AM

10,999 posts, read 4,539,598 times
Quote:
You have to understand that I come to this whole question of immigration with an unanswered question in my mind, something I got interested in years ago, and I have tried to get people to answer it. And the question is: Why are successful, peaceful, orderly, prosperous, technologically advanced, democratically sound countries so rare and so few, and why do they clump up in one tiny corner of the globe, namely Europe, the Anglosphere? We also have Japan, which is a wonder, I think, in many ways, a very admirable country. Perhaps Taiwan. And why is the rest of the world essentially consisting of, in various degrees, failed states? Why do we have a post-Enlightenment portion of the world and a pre-Enlightenment portion of the world? And I guess, to be really crude about it, you would use Trumpís succinct phrase: Why are there so many ****hole countries? Of course the moment you say that, people just get outraged: Oh, my God, you are a racist for saying that. And that, of course, lets them off the hook; they donít have to answer the question, which is convenient.
This is the question. And even if we don't know for sure what the answer is, we need to accept that this describes our current reality. There's no reason to think things will change any time soon, and this must be taken into account when constructing immigration policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or