U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Today, 11:43 AM
 
7,594 posts, read 4,360,927 times
Reputation: 9917

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
How do you think he got off scott free from those charges?!!! If this was some 'nobody'/ average Joe smith down the street, and there was a video like this....he would be convicted in 5 minutes and be sent up for 20+ yrs.


Just curious, does anyone know how long the jury deliberated in this case? Im betting it was not long.
Less than 3 hours per the linked story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 11:45 AM
 
11,120 posts, read 2,888,303 times
Reputation: 7501
Whats also interesting about this case, people cannot put the blame on some judge, or the 'corrupt legal system', 'corrupt police', etc....this was a jury, made up of THEIR OWN PEERS...men and women from the community where it happened...that said he was not guilty!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 11:47 AM
 
Location: Brackenwood
3,579 posts, read 1,406,292 times
Reputation: 7515
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
How do you think he got off scott free from those charges?!!! If this was some 'nobody'/ average Joe smith down the street, and there was a video like this....he would be convicted in 5 minutes and be sent up for 20+ yrs.
This is pure speculation for which you have zero evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
That is a concept promoted from within. Even in my high school basketball days the coach drilled into us that we were representative of the team and the school. So don’t sag your pants and set bad examples. Certainly don’t go raping women.
So you're telling me if someone from your high school basketball team rapes a woman 20 years later, that still somehow redounds onto the team today and people should stop supporting them? "Sorry kids, we can't support your team because someone who was on the team a generation ago did something really bad."

Give me a break.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 11:55 AM
 
Location: Here.
14,046 posts, read 12,762,681 times
Reputation: 16483
Larry Nasser should have joined the basketball team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 11:59 AM
 
11,120 posts, read 2,888,303 times
Reputation: 7501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
This is pure speculation for which you have zero evidence.


So you're telling me if someone from your high school basketball team rapes a woman 20 years later, that still somehow redounds onto the team today and people should stop supporting them? "Sorry kids, we can't support your team because someone who was on the team a generation ago did something really bad."

Give me a break.
Right, but it would be easy to check...court cases from the same county/state that involve rape, sexual assault, are all public domain, any citizen can access those records, to see how many other people have beaten the same charges (if any).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 11:59 AM
 
7,594 posts, read 4,360,927 times
Reputation: 9917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
This is pure speculation for which you have zero evidence.


So you're telling me if someone from your high school basketball team rapes a woman 20 years later, that still somehow redounds onto the team today and people should stop supporting them? "Sorry kids, we can't support your team because someone who was on the team a generation ago did something really bad."

Give me a break.
2015 was not 20 years ago.

Yes the team reputation would be tarnished for a period of time, but not likely 20 years, correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:06 PM
 
Location: Brackenwood
3,579 posts, read 1,406,292 times
Reputation: 7515
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
2015 was not 20 years ago.
By 2015 he still hadn't played college ball for 15 years, so I don't understand your point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Yes the team reputation would be tarnished for a period of time, but not likely 20 years, correct.
So the team can be forgiven for the sins of one of its players committed 20 years after he no longer played for the team, but not 15 years? When CAN a team be disassociated from the actions of its former players? is 17 years the cutoff?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:06 PM
 
10,763 posts, read 4,347,255 times
Reputation: 27158
When you see something like this, you have to ask, "what was the jury told, to explain the video"?

What made the jury basically decide not to believe what their own eyes - and the impartial witness - were telling them?

And a follow up question: when the witness called police, presumedly to report a nearly nude woman was dragged against her will into a hotel room, and was pleading for help, why didn't that get top priority response from law enforcement? Why, did she run AGAIN out of the room 13 minutes later, presumedly with no cops showing up yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:15 PM
 
13,856 posts, read 7,552,608 times
Reputation: 12609
Local news report.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...al/2055473001/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:17 PM
 
52,455 posts, read 42,179,541 times
Reputation: 32732
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
That is a concept promoted from within. Even in my high school basketball days the coach drilled into us that we were representative of the team and the school. So don’t sag your pants and set bad examples. Certainly don’t go raping women.
Yeah, your coach wasn't making $3mil/year plus endorsement deals and facing termination if the team doesn't do well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top