Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2019, 12:58 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,857,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Can you please explain the bolded wrt the highlighted? Is there a reason that both of those things can be true?
Because it was a "date" and she did a lot of things consensually so she bears partial responsibility for whatever happened, and it's a little murky and not certain if forceful penetration actually did happen just enough for me to let a "guilty" man go. I believe it did, but the fact they were both drunk on a "date" mitigates it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
No. This is appalling. Legally (because some people are too evil to recognize this moral truth) when consent is not given it is assumed to NOT be given.
That's not true. Women never give consent really, they give lack of non-consent. If there is no non-consent given, then it is assumed consent is given. Women always give non-consent when they're not consenting, like the woman in this case did.

Old 08-26-2019, 01:18 PM

78,191 posts, read 60,406,793 times
Quote:
No. This is appalling. Legally (because some people are too evil to recognize this moral truth) when consent is not given it is assumed to NOT be given.
I'm starting to lose patience with all of the pretend lawyers out there that are too lazy to even use google to see if their wild guessing might be remotely correct.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Implied_consent

Old 08-26-2019, 01:19 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,172,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Because it was a "date" and she did a lot of things consensually so she bears partial responsibility for whatever happened, and it's a little murky and not certain if forceful penetration actually did happen just enough for me to let a "guilty" man go. I believe it did, but the fact they were both drunk on a "date" mitigates it.
Well not being on the jury, I suppose that the absence of jury instruction could account for your ignorance of the legal definition of rape.

Old 08-26-2019, 01:19 PM

78,191 posts, read 60,406,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
That's not true. Women never give consent really, they give lack of non-consent. If there is no non-consent given, then it is assumed consent is given. Women always give non-consent when they're not consenting, like the woman in this case did.
Really? You wrote that with Bill Cosby so fresh in everyones minds?

Old 08-26-2019, 01:22 PM

29,300 posts, read 14,566,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I've had consensual sex with women.

Don't recall having to drag them back into the hotel room...

If you are naked and forcefully taken somewhere, that's rape.
under CA's new definition of crimes, she wasn't forcefully taken and raped, she was "vigorously being coerced into non consensual love making "

Old 08-26-2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Really? You wrote that with Bill Cosby so fresh in everyones minds?
Of course secretly drugging and incapacitating someone is an exception.

Old 08-26-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Well not being on the jury, I suppose that the absence of jury instruction could account for your ignorance of the legal definition of rape.
We're talking about the definition of consent. Implied consent can be recognized as consent.

Old 08-26-2019, 02:25 PM

12,948 posts, read 13,648,406 times
Even a Prostitute can say no but I doubt a jury would convict any man for raping a prostitute. This is a $44.00 per night motel room on the out skirts of town. The Jury probably wanted to send a message to women who meet up with men in cheap motels.

Old 08-26-2019, 02:34 PM

952 posts, read 322,883 times
What idiots like this are saying by their actions but not intelligent enough to figure it out is :
" I would like to see this same thing happen to :
1. My Mother
2. My Sister
3. My Cousin
4. My aunt "

In fact not only are they saying they would not mind this same thing happening to their family members they are fostering a culture where it is that much more likely to happen to them .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies