U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old Today, 12:46 PM
 
13,114 posts, read 4,032,749 times
Reputation: 3934

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
If she's that drunk, she cannot consent. If she's that unstable, she cannot consent.
Yeah but in that hypothetical she cannot not consent so it is a moot point in my book.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 12:49 PM
 
13,107 posts, read 10,136,943 times
Reputation: 16635
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Yeah but in that hypothetical she cannot not consent so it is a moot point in my book.
No. This is appalling. Legally (because some people are too evil to recognize this moral truth) when consent is not given it is assumed to NOT be given.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:58 PM
 
13,114 posts, read 4,032,749 times
Reputation: 3934
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Can you please explain the bolded wrt the highlighted? Is there a reason that both of those things can be true?
Because it was a "date" and she did a lot of things consensually so she bears partial responsibility for whatever happened, and it's a little murky and not certain if forceful penetration actually did happen just enough for me to let a "guilty" man go. I believe it did, but the fact they were both drunk on a "date" mitigates it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:02 PM
 
13,114 posts, read 4,032,749 times
Reputation: 3934
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
No. This is appalling. Legally (because some people are too evil to recognize this moral truth) when consent is not given it is assumed to NOT be given.
That's not true. Women never give consent really, they give lack of non-consent. If there is no non-consent given, then it is assumed consent is given. Women always give non-consent when they're not consenting, like the woman in this case did.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:18 PM
 
52,491 posts, read 42,196,618 times
Reputation: 32742
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
No. This is appalling. Legally (because some people are too evil to recognize this moral truth) when consent is not given it is assumed to NOT be given.
I'm starting to lose patience with all of the pretend lawyers out there that are too lazy to even use google to see if their wild guessing might be remotely correct.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Implied_consent
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:19 PM
 
13,107 posts, read 10,136,943 times
Reputation: 16635
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Because it was a "date" and she did a lot of things consensually so she bears partial responsibility for whatever happened, and it's a little murky and not certain if forceful penetration actually did happen just enough for me to let a "guilty" man go. I believe it did, but the fact they were both drunk on a "date" mitigates it.
Well not being on the jury, I suppose that the absence of jury instruction could account for your ignorance of the legal definition of rape.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:19 PM
 
52,491 posts, read 42,196,618 times
Reputation: 32742
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
That's not true. Women never give consent really, they give lack of non-consent. If there is no non-consent given, then it is assumed consent is given. Women always give non-consent when they're not consenting, like the woman in this case did.
Really? You wrote that with Bill Cosby so fresh in everyones minds?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:22 PM
 
10,601 posts, read 6,400,136 times
Reputation: 5904
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I've had consensual sex with women.

Don't recall having to drag them back into the hotel room...

If you are naked and forcefully taken somewhere, that's rape.
under CA's new definition of crimes, she wasn't forcefully taken and raped, she was "vigorously being coerced into non consensual love making "
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:25 PM
 
13,114 posts, read 4,032,749 times
Reputation: 3934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Really? You wrote that with Bill Cosby so fresh in everyones minds?
Of course secretly drugging and incapacitating someone is an exception.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:27 PM
 
13,114 posts, read 4,032,749 times
Reputation: 3934
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Well not being on the jury, I suppose that the absence of jury instruction could account for your ignorance of the legal definition of rape.
We're talking about the definition of consent. Implied consent can be recognized as consent.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top