U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM

9,576 posts, read 10,290,431 times

Advertisements

Even a Prostitute can say no but I doubt a jury would convict any man for raping a prostitute. This is a $44.00 per night motel room on the out skirts of town. The Jury probably wanted to send a message to women who meet up with men in cheap motels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:34 PM

291 posts, read 34,267 times
What idiots like this are saying by their actions but not intelligent enough to figure it out is :
" I would like to see this same thing happen to :
1. My Mother
2. My Sister
3. My Cousin
4. My aunt "

In fact not only are they saying they would not mind this same thing happening to their family members they are fostering a culture where it is that much more likely to happen to them .

Old Yesterday, 02:44 PM

13,130 posts, read 4,032,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfailing presence View Post
What idiots like this are saying by their actions but not intelligent enough to figure it out is :
1. My Mother
2. My Sister
3. My Cousin
4. My aunt "

In fact not only are they saying they would not mind this same thing happening to their family members they are fostering a culture where it is that much more likely to happen to them .
I would like to see the same thing happen to :

1. My Father
2. My Son
3. My Brother
4. My Cousin
5. My Uncle

Old Yesterday, 04:01 PM

52,491 posts, read 42,204,330 times
Quote:
1. My Mother
2. My Sister
3. My Cousin
4. My aunt "

So you're blaming the mostly female jurors for fostering a culture where women go to sleazy motels with pro-athletes at 1AM, then tell the cops that show up that there was no rape and to go away?

The next day, in hot water with their boyfriend and family....the story changed.

Tell me exactly what part of the above is factually incorrect?

LOL write a letter to Dear Abby and tell her that caught your hubby checked into a cheap motel with a gal from the bar but he tells you nothing happened and you believe him. The response to you will be precious.

Old Yesterday, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Even a Prostitute can say no but I doubt a jury would convict any man for raping a prostitute. This is a $44.00 per night motel room on the out skirts of town. The Jury probably wanted to send a message to women who meet up with men in cheap motels.
If the cops showed up at the motel and she says "he raped me", he'd be sitting in jail today. Instead the opposite occurred and he walked free.

Old Yesterday, 04:36 PM

291 posts, read 34,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
So you're blaming the mostly female jurors for fostering a culture where women go to sleazy motels with pro-athletes at 1AM, then tell the cops that show up that there was no rape and to go away?

The next day, in hot water with their boyfriend and family....the story changed.

Tell me exactly what part of the above is factually incorrect?

LOL write a letter to Dear Abby and tell her that caught your hubby checked into a cheap motel with a gal from the bar but he tells you nothing happened and you believe him. The response to you will be precious.
I'm saying only a punk runs around naked manhandling , dragging women .
Sympathies and understanding of such punk behavior not withstanding .

Old Yesterday, 04:43 PM

3,656 posts, read 992,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Whats also interesting about this case, people cannot put the blame on some judge, or the 'corrupt legal system', 'corrupt police', etc....this was a jury, made up of THEIR OWN PEERS...men and women from the community where it happened...that said he was not guilty!!!
Eh, trust me, that's corrupt too. You really aren't being judged by your peers. The attorneys are the ones picking out the jurors, and the prosecutors, judges and defendant lawyers tend to be on good terms once they are out of that court room. Who knows what goes on behind the scenes. The defense and the ADA could be working together to purposely pick jurors who have a strong chance of calling out not guilty.

Old Yesterday, 05:11 PM

3,656 posts, read 992,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I can't believe it took so long for a woman to challenge that statement either.

That's my point, women aren't going to give any quarter to a pretty woman because they're jealous of her.
Hmmm, have to disagree with this one. Have you ever been to a strip club? You would be surprised how many heterosexual women go there to have fun and tip the gorgeous sexy dancers and enjoy some strong booze.

Old Yesterday, 05:14 PM

13,130 posts, read 4,032,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Hmmm, have to disagree with this one. Have you ever been to a strip club? You would be surprised how many heterosexual women go there to have fun and tip the gorgeous sexy dancers and enjoy some strong booze.
I don't think that is very common really.

Old Yesterday, 05:19 PM

Quote:
I'm saying only a punk runs around naked manhandling , dragging women .
Sympathies and understanding of such punk behavior not withstanding .
The dude cheated on his wife in a sleazy hotel is about the best thing I can say about the guy.

The fact that the accuser told cops that she wasn't raped (among other things) lead the jury to find him not-guilty.

Two entirely different conversations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or