U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2019, 09:43 PM

23,047 posts, read 17,056,821 times

Advertisements

After reading some of the latest replies, I have a whole lot I want to say to a few people on here - which I cannot because I cannot be nice about it, but man some deserve it.

In exchange, I'll just post these:

Martin Cleaves:

https://www.mlive.com/news/flint/201...aves-case.html
Quote:
...The former boyfriend testified he’d received a call around 1:15 a.m. Sept. 15, 2015 from an unknown number which he later found out to be from a gas station where she’d attempted to call him but they did not connect. He also testified he did not text back after receiving messages from a number that he later found out belonged to Cleaves.

The former boyfriend testified when he made it to the motel he saw his former girlfriend “sitting in a chair in the fetal position.”

“I would say she was dealing with something traumatic that’d just happened to her,” he testified.

She also did not appeared to be sober, according to his testimony.

In the days that followed the alleged incident, the former boyfriend testified she became “very withdrawn from me.”

“She didn’t want to be in the same room with me,” he testified. “She didn’t do any of the things that she loved to do.”
Also:
Quote:
The judge was forced to address people in the courtroom making disruptive sounds -- like moaning and groaning during some of the testimony -- in support of Cleaves.

“I can’t have you responding to things orally. I can’t have gestures. You are here to support Mr. Cleaves and that’s great, but you cannot demonstrate verbally or visibly,” Bell said. “Your support that would taint the jury and if it does continue and we’re able to identity who is making these supportive noises or noises of disbelief, I’m going to have to have you removed and I don’t want to do that because you’re here for him.”
And here's her side of the story that Yahoo (useless site) didn't cover:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...ial/ar-AAFOsTe

Quote:
The alleged victim testified she told Cleaves she had a boyfriend and he had a wife, to which he said he did not care.

...Eventually, the alleged victim entered a room three doors down where a woman had seen the pair outside and the other woman told Cleaves she was going to call police.

Cleaves entered his vehicle to leave. Testimony was that he did text once and called the alleged victim’s boyfriend twice around and shortly after 2 a.m. on the same morning of the alleged incident.

The alleged victim testified she “wanted to be made safe” when questioned by Manley about not speaking with police unless her former boyfriend or mother were present...
It confirms my suspicions about how the police conducted themselves when they arrived on scene:

Quote:
She testified two Mundy Township police officers were not nice to her during their interactions, including one instance at the hospital.

“He tried to talk to me in a completely un-private setting behind curtain walls about a very private topic,” testified the alleged victim. “My un-cooperation was asking him to move me to a private room so I could have that conversation with him, and he acted like it’s an inconvenience.”
So she got drunk - got into a car with Cleaves, and now she's "trash".

He was also intoxicated, and also cheated on his wife - but that's okay, he's not "trash" like her, despite the fact that the 2 reasons people call her trash is because she was drunk and "cheated on her boyfriend". Cleaves was drunk and cheated on his wife, but nah, still a super star sports hero, zomg you guys, there's no way a super star sports hero is guilty of anything! It's clearly because she was drunk, now on drugs, also "unstable", and a piece of trash!

No wonder so many females became raging feminazis. This is the first time I fully understand why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:01 AM

22,810 posts, read 11,768,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
After reading some of the latest replies, I have a whole lot I want to say to a few people on here - which I cannot because I cannot be nice about it, but man some deserve it.

In exchange, I'll just post these:

Martin Cleaves:

https://www.mlive.com/news/flint/201...aves-case.html

Also:

And here's her side of the story that Yahoo (useless site) didn't cover:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...ial/ar-AAFOsTe

It confirms my suspicions about how the police conducted themselves when they arrived on scene:

So she got drunk - got into a car with Cleaves, and now she's "trash".

He was also intoxicated, and also cheated on his wife - but that's okay, he's not "trash" like her, despite the fact that the 2 reasons people call her trash is because she was drunk and "cheated on her boyfriend". Cleaves was drunk and cheated on his wife, but nah, still a super star sports hero, zomg you guys, there's no way a super star sports hero is guilty of anything! It's clearly because she was drunk, now on drugs, also "unstable", and a piece of trash!

No wonder so many females became raging feminazis. This is the first time I fully understand why.
I’m not labeling anyone. I certainly won’t label her trash or Cleaves a rapist. He may well be but there is reasonable doubt.

Old Yesterday, 07:52 PM

9,582 posts, read 10,292,155 times
The only mystery to me is who has sex buck naked in a cheap motel with their socks still on?

Old Today, 10:01 AM

29,614 posts, read 16,644,204 times
Default Mateen Cleaves... not guilty ????

Wow. I wonder what the defense presented to overcome this evidence.

-------------

"The first clip shows Cleaves' accuser walking away from the motel partially nude, followed closely by Cleaves in pursuit. Cleaves is seen wearing only socks," WXYZ Detroit said of the footage, which can be viewed below. "The video shows Cleaves grab the woman, who we are not identifying, spin her around and pull her back towards the room she just tried to leave. She resists, bending her knees and trying to pull away. … 13 minutes later, Cleaves' accuser is seen on video again, this time running from the former MSU star who can be seen chasing her, then grabbing her with both arms and pulling her back to the room again. The struggle continues until she ultimately falls to the ground. Seconds later, she is seen trying to pull away again. Once more, Cleaves pulls her back, wrapping both arms around her waist and pulling her back to the room."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/51082...aign=position2

Old Today, 10:09 AM

7,645 posts, read 4,382,215 times
After sexual assault acquittal, video emerges of Mateen Cleaves dragging naked woman into motel room

Old Today, 11:32 AM

5,237 posts, read 1,031,130 times
I think that the mods/admins should merge this thread with the link that notnamed provided!

Old Today, 03:30 PM

This is why you don't want to legalized prostitution. He's treating her like something he's bought and paid for and can do what ever he wants with it. The Jury concurs.

Old Today, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
This is why you don't want to legalized prostitution. He's treating her like something he's bought and paid for and can do what ever he wants with it. The Jury concurs.
Quite the opposite. Legalizing prostitution would allow abused prostitutes to seek police protection.

Old Today, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
How do you think he got off scott free from those charges?!!! If this was some 'nobody'/ average Joe smith down the street, and there was a video like this....he would be convicted in 5 minutes and be sent up for 20+ yrs.

Just curious, does anyone know how long the jury deliberated in this case? Im betting it was not long.
3 hours.

Old Today, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Quite the opposite. Legalizing prostitution would allow abused prostitutes to seek police protection.
Its what happens to them in the court room that matters most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or