U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 10:08 AM

5,899 posts, read 2,179,413 times

Advertisements

I'm a liberal and I enjoy watching Maher from time to time for his no holds barred searing commentary. However, I think he crossed a line in celebrating Koch's death. I found his comments on Koch to be distasteful and uncivil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2019, 10:08 AM

8,565 posts, read 4,363,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Huh? You mean Soros? Good to see others can see the damage that they have wrought. All these climate change deniers are supported by the Koch brothers and their army of lobbyists fueling ignorance. Time to conserve, conservatives! Before itís too late.
Another End Times doomsday prediction by a member of the Party of Science.

Old 08-24-2019, 10:28 AM

5,429 posts, read 2,796,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
Science doesn’t have a party. Science exists whether you believe it or not. If 99 percent of scientists have concluded something then only a fool would try and suggest otherwise. Unfortunately the Republican party has opened their arms wide for all those fools.

Old 08-24-2019, 10:31 AM

11,354 posts, read 11,188,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
A comment like that from any right leaning person would get that person fired immediately.
Trump can rip john McCain all day and not a peep from the right

Old 08-24-2019, 10:35 AM

2,071 posts, read 527,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
The rate at which the planet is warming currently will make it uninhabitable for the human race in the near future. The more Heat-trapping CO2 we put into atmosphere, the more the temperature rises and you can say good bye to the last 10,000 years of stable climate we experienced during human civilization.

But your more concerned about how a major climate denier was disrespected after death. Gotcha

Old 08-24-2019, 10:41 AM

7,927 posts, read 4,677,064 times
It's hard to imagine that someone who is paid for his words (and who wants ratings) might sometimes say some outlandish and inappropriate things sometimes. Who'd thunk it?

Old 08-24-2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
It's hard to imagine that someone who is paid for his words (and who wants ratings) might sometimes say some outlandish and inappropriate things sometimes. Who'd thunk it?
You'd be singing a different tune if Trump said this about a Democrat like Ernest Hollings.

Old 08-24-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Trump can rip john McCain all day and not a peep from the right
McCain called the right 'crazy' and betrayed us on immigration and obamacare.

Liberals said horrible things about McCain when he ran against Obama, to include making fun of his handicap.

Your only interest in McCain is using him as a prop to beat up on Trump.

Old 08-24-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Science doesn’t have a party. Science exists whether you believe it or not. If 99 percent of scientists have concluded something then only a fool would try and suggest otherwise. Unfortunately the Republican party has opened their arms wide for all those fools.
It is crazy how many liberals use this exact talking point even though it isn't true.

You describe anybody who has a disagreement with you on climate as being anti-science.

You are only showing that you have no people skills, not demonstrating any evidence that the world is going to end b/c of CO2.

This summer in SC, there have been numerous days with way below average temperatures. This contradicts your assertion but you will sneer at me if I point it out.

The climate in SC is the same as it was back in the 1980s.

I don't need a scientist to tell me about the climate that I live in. I'm not going to deny my reality to defer to some scientist.

Old 08-24-2019, 10:46 AM

5,797 posts, read 6,814,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
I'm a liberal and I enjoy watching Maher from time to time for his no holds barred searing commentary. However, I think he crossed a line in celebrating Koch's death. I found his comments on Koch to be distasteful and uncivil.

I'm a liberal too and I found them quite amusing and thought-provoking! YMMV!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or