U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-25-2019, 02:11 AM
 
Location: Vancouver
13,013 posts, read 9,073,623 times
Reputation: 7533

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
The EU is weak and ineffective. I doubt it will collapse. It been wracked by crises since 2008.


Canada is near collapse just from the ineffective policies of the government, especially on immigration. Now that Trump has put the concept of adding territory to the US in play, the independence movement (admittedly tiny political movements) of three plains provinces have been given another chance. Once they go, so will the maritimes provinces. Ontario and British Columbia can't carry the Canadian burden by themselves.
Hello. I'm Nat. I really enjoy meeting people from alternate universes. Canada near collapse? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-25-2019, 03:20 AM
 
1,302 posts, read 215,955 times
Reputation: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9999 View Post
The EU is on the verge of collapse.
Where do you get this idea from?

I'm willing to bet it will still be around in 5 or 10 years time, can't see why it wouldn't be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2019, 07:31 AM
 
10,739 posts, read 12,274,751 times
Reputation: 6840
"Before I arrived in France, the Fake and Disgusting News was saying that relations with the 6 others countries in the G-7 are very tense, and that the two days of meetings will be a disaster. Just like they are trying to force a Recession, they are trying to “will” America into bad Economic times, the worse the better, anything to make my Election more difficult to win. Well, we are having very good meetings, the Leaders are getting along very well, and our Country, economically, is doing great - the talk of the world!" _Donald Trump

Trump 2020!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2019, 07:32 AM
 
24,662 posts, read 12,886,909 times
Reputation: 7932
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
"Before I arrived in France, the Fake and Disgusting News was saying that relations with the 6 others countries in the G-7 are very tense, and that the two days of meetings will be a disaster. Just like they are trying to force a Recession, they are trying to “will” America into bad Economic times, the worse the better, anything to make my Election more difficult to win. Well, we are having very good meetings, the Leaders are getting along very well, and our Country, economically, is doing great - the talk of the world!" _Donald Trump

Trump 2020!
Yup declaring great success with nothing to show for it....that's Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2019, 07:36 AM
 
10,739 posts, read 12,274,751 times
Reputation: 6840
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yup declaring great success with nothing to show for it....that's Trump.
The point is...the desperate Liberals and their favorite news sources (CNN) are trying to make Trump look bad at every turn...because they have nothing left. It's 24 hours non-stop fake news, BS and America has already selected their president for 2020! Trump! The losers they have for democratic candidates are laughable. Not a good one in the bunch of circus clowns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2019, 12:03 PM
 
5,347 posts, read 2,619,396 times
Reputation: 4976
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
"Before I arrived in France, the Fake and Disgusting News was saying that relations with the 6 others countries in the G-7 are very tense, and that the two days of meetings will be a disaster. Just like they are trying to force a Recession, they are trying to “will” America into bad Economic times, the worse the better, anything to make my Election more difficult to win. Well, we are having very good meetings, the Leaders are getting along very well, and our Country, economically, is doing great - the talk of the world!" _Donald Trump

Trump 2020!
Trump is actually not "one of the popular ones" at the G7 Summit. His logic is rejected, and we can be sure that he is as offensive today as he was at the G7 meeting in Canada.
“One year ago, in Canada, President Trump suggested reinviting Russia to G7, stating openly that Crimea’s annexation by Russia was partially justified. And that we should accept this fact,” said Donald Tusk who, as president of the European Council, represents the EU’s 28 member states.

“Under no condition can we agree with this logic,” he added.

Earlier this week Germany, France and Britain also rejected the idea of inviting Russia back into the group."
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-g...-idUSKCN1VE0K7

Even in his own country, he's trailing

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2019, 12:05 PM
 
11,887 posts, read 4,359,728 times
Reputation: 5630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Trump is actually not "one of the popular ones" at the G7 Summit. His logic is rejected, and we can be sure that he is as offensive today as he was at the G7 meeting in Canada.
“One year ago, in Canada, President Trump suggested reinviting Russia to G7, stating openly that Crimea’s annexation by Russia was partially justified. And that we should accept this fact,” said Donald Tusk who, as president of the European Council, represents the EU’s 28 member states.

“Under no condition can we agree with this logic,” he added.

Earlier this week Germany, France and Britain also rejected the idea of inviting Russia back into the group."
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-g...-idUSKCN1VE0K7

Even in his own country, he's trailing
So, in the metric you have chosen, President Trump is tied with Ronaldus Maximus.

Not a bad place to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2019, 12:19 PM
 
5,347 posts, read 2,619,396 times
Reputation: 4976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
So, in the metric you have chosen, President Trump is tied with Ronaldus Maximus.

Not a bad place to be.
True. He is tied with Reagan, and he is not one of the popular ones at the G7 Summit. It's not surprising that two TV stars turned politicians are tied - they must appeal to the same percentage of the population that likes to be entertained by politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2019, 01:56 PM
 
20,606 posts, read 10,121,276 times
Reputation: 4562
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
The point is...the desperate Liberals and their favorite news sources (CNN) are trying to make Trump look bad at every turn...

he seems to be doing a fine job of that on his own without their help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2019, 02:35 PM
 
10,739 posts, read 12,274,751 times
Reputation: 6840
"The question I was asked most today by fellow World Leaders, who think the USA is doing so well and is stronger than ever before, happens to be, “Mr. President, why does the American media hate your Country so much? Why are they rooting for it to fail?”-Donald Trump

It's pretty clear what the corrupt media like CNN and MSNBC is trying to do to President Trump.

That's okay, you Liberals keep weeping and wishing. He is going to be your President 4 more years!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top