U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 12:16 PM

3,631 posts, read 5,006,787 times

Advertisements

Yeah, it's sad to see the United States influence in the world dropping so fast. The G7 leaders have pretty much written us of for now until we get a real president again. It's obvious nobody can stand Trump. And for good reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2019, 12:22 PM

39,663 posts, read 15,689,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
At the G-7 trump was an absolute embarassment,most everything he said was bs and inviting the G-7 or 8 to his failing Doral country club next year was pushing it a bit too far .
Trump is now denying that his resort has bedbugs.

Seems Eric Linder claimed the Doral's Jack Nicklaus vila had a bed bug infestation. According to the Miami Herald, Linder reached a settlement with the Doral in 2017.

Old 08-27-2019, 04:51 PM

35,040 posts, read 42,393,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump is now denying that his resort has bedbugs.

Seems Eric Linder claimed the Doral's Jack Nicklaus vila had a bed bug infestation. According to the Miami Herald, Linder reached a settlement with the Doral in 2017.
I was thinking more along the lines of Dorals finances =https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...539_story.html

Looks like another of trumps businesses in decline.

Old 08-27-2019, 04:56 PM

3,768 posts, read 2,465,650 times
[quote=GotHereQuickAsICould;56037081]Trump is now denying that his resort has bedbugs.

Not just bedbugs. There was also a roach infestation. So bad they considered closing down the kitchen. Thats our boy.

Old 08-27-2019, 07:11 PM

2,287 posts, read 1,796,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Macron blew smoke up Trump's butt and he predictably fell for it. Macron is the new leader of the Free World as Trump has squandered all our credibility and ceded our influence.
You may not realize it but the Yellow Vests have been demonstrating against Macron for almost a year in most major cities in France. At least twice, the police and security forces in Paris felt that the demonstrators were about to overrun the Presidential Palace and made plans to evacuate Macron.

He is hardly a leader of the free world, of France, or even the four corners of his office. He is all talk, all BS talk.

Trump can pull the rug out from under the EU at any time. Just canceling military exercises with the former Warsaw Pact countries now in Nato and most of which are EU members now is going to lead to a lot of increasing uncomfortable soul search in the Baltic and Eastern edge of the EU in the face of the Russian bogeyman. There is nothing that France and Germany could really offer.

Declaring incorporation in Jersey, Monaco, Gibraltar, Malta, or Greek Cyprus or requiring full disclosure of all bank accounts held in Switzerland as a rebuttable suspected tax dodge would rip the guts out of a lot of EU businesses. May hurt some US business, but far less than those in the EU.

The EU needs the US more than the other way around.

Old 08-28-2019, 03:07 AM

515 posts, read 366,047 times
Fascinating how opinion polls for UK prime ministers are usually very low, even for the relatively popular ones

30-40 percent approval is considered 'good' for them

Old 08-28-2019, 03:23 AM

7,644 posts, read 3,907,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
trump unapologetically supports American workers, wants western Europeans to paying for their own military defense (like their politicians agreed to decades ago and have not done), and backs Israel. No other president in my lifetime has upset the status quo like America-loving-trump. I support him for his love of America over globalists and being popular with other countries. Hope he gets reelected to continue his policies.
Backing Israel isn`t upsetting the status quo but you`re correct about the president being popular with other countries. The world`s diplomats were smiling ear to ear when he spoke at the UN.

Old 08-28-2019, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Well I take my knowledge of Canada and Canadians over yours any day. I was born in Canada and have lived here my entire life. I lived for several years in each four different provinces, including Quebec. I was actually living in Montreal during the FLQ crisis in 1970.

I have no idea how those in power have seen the world (do they even talk about the world?) and I very much doubt I have seen the world the way they have done.

Here is Canadian JJ McCullough his views of why Canada faces some hard issues in the future - primarily centering about the fact that French Canadians see themselves as the preferred minority while other minority groups are growing fast, why the French language requirement leads to qualified non-French speaking persons to be as a matter of reality being unqualified for national office, and the fact that Quebec wants reduced immigration while the rest of Canada wants increased immigration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI9NsJNhX8k

Old 08-28-2019, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
Here is Canadian JJ McCullough his views of why Canada faces some hard issues in the future - primarily centering about the fact that French Canadians see themselves as the preferred minority while other minority groups are growing fast, why the French language requirement leads to qualified non-French speaking persons to be as a matter of reality being unqualified for national office, and the fact that Quebec wants reduced immigration while the rest of Canada wants increased immigration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI9NsJNhX8k
Also this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfiytSQKpPE

Old 08-28-2019, 05:28 PM

1,826 posts, read 536,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
trump unapologetically supports American workers, wants western Europeans to paying for their own military defense (like their politicians agreed to decades ago and have not done), and backs Israel. No other president in my lifetime has upset the status quo like America-loving-trump. I support him for his love of America over globalists and being popular with other countries. Hope he gets reelected to continue his policies.
I do too. I like that about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Just imagine what Trump's approval rating would be if he had fawning non-stop positive media coverage like Obama did.
For sure, stats would be through the roof. Considering how he gets slammed 24/7 itís a miracle how he accomplishes anything. Itís a sickness really with the people against him constantly that want him to fail. They donít want him to do well and are still very angry and upset that he was elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or