U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 02:13 PM

2,796 posts, read 2,002,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
If a Democrat becomes an Independent, like I did, they aren't going to be voting for a Democrat.

I know this blows your gaskets, but the Democrats are losing people in their daily crazed lunacy, which BTW, Trump loves to demonstrate with just a couple of tweets.
I am independent and will never again for for a republican just due to the fact they won't say a thing when this erratic president goes on his crazy twitter rants and goes against everything his advisors tell him.
Your saying Trumps tweets are a strategy and I call that bull.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2019, 02:14 PM

11,356 posts, read 11,121,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
I am independent and will never again for for a republican just due to the fact they won't say a thing when this erratic president goes on his crazy twitter rants and goes against everything his advisors tell him.
I've always been registered NPA. Voted McCain and Romney in the past but now am a straight ticket dem voter under trump

Old 08-24-2019, 02:18 PM

4,989 posts, read 1,321,294 times
Well I didn't vote for Trump. But there is not one Dem running that will get my vote.

Old 08-24-2019, 02:20 PM

18,245 posts, read 11,526,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post

Isn't that about the most hilarious thing we hear out of Trumpees ? They actually say "He is doing this on purpose to PLAY people ! " No he is not, he is doing it because he has the mentality of a chimpanzee. Trump doesn't have a "strategy" he blunders through every day.

As for the rest of the GOP electorate, they have always been a club of obstructers, all they care about it getting what is best for their donors. But never have they been as blatantly bad as they are in the past two years. All of them have shown no courage, no integrity, and no spines, except for a couple of them.

When I see lily livered prunes like McConnell up there, it makes me want to throw up. You know secretly they hate what Trump has done to their party, but they are all afraid to say it or do anything.

Thank God we have a two party system, otherwise this country would be like some 3rd world, jungle country.

Old 08-24-2019, 02:21 PM

2,796 posts, read 2,002,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
I've always been registered NPA. Voted McCain and Romney in the past but now am a straight ticket dem voter under trump
I am sure there are many who feel like you!

Old 08-24-2019, 02:27 PM

15,535 posts, read 17,910,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Well I didn't vote for Trump. But there is not one Dem running that will get my vote.

Don't vote for President then.

Old 08-24-2019, 03:01 PM

18,245 posts, read 11,526,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Don't vote for President then.

Here is the reality. NO ONE could do a worse job, be they D or L or whatever, than Donald Trump has done in the past two years. If they tried, they could not screw up more, alienate more people, and work less than he has. Any of the Democrats could probably come in, get through 4 years without a problem, and maybe even make America better because of their ideas and work ethic. I would be a better President, and I have very few qualifications, other than I would care about the job and try to do good at it.

I am not particularly fond of Bernie Sanders, but even he would be a vast improvement over the egghead who now sits in that chair.

Old 08-24-2019, 03:04 PM

3,605 posts, read 2,588,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Actually, the GOP has won elections by cheating, legal and illegal.

2000 - just having the POTUS brother fix things...should be enough. Add to that the Jews for Bucchanan, which was given a one in BILLIONS of chances of being accurate...yet it counted.
Add to that the appointment by the SCOTUS.

Then, the Kochs and ALEC and others gerrymandered the many states and took control of the election process and pulled the same stuff elsewhere.

If is was to bet on CD I'd put money that the Dems, in total, will get at least 4% (and probably more) of all votes in the land in 2020. Of course, given out system, that doesn't mean anything...except that our system sux.

But it's a falsehood that the GOP wins elections due to having a majority of voters. They don't.
You are a bought and paid for apparatchik to the Democrat party, and you did even read what I said. Good luck to you. You are not capable of learning. You and those like you are going to keep your party on the same course to perdition.

Old 08-24-2019, 03:06 PM

2,024 posts, read 414,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Here is the reality. NO ONE could do a worse job, be they D or L or whatever, than Donald Trump has done in the past two years. If they tried, they could not screw up more, alienate more people, and work less than he has. Any of the Democrats could probably come in, get through 4 years without a problem, and maybe even make America better because of their ideas and work ethic. I would be a better President, and I have very few qualifications, other than I would care about the job and try to do good at it.

I am not particularly fond of Bernie Sanders, but even he would be a vast improvement over the egghead who now sits in that chair.
Bull. Obama did a much worse job for eight years. That's a fact, look at the numbers.

Old 08-24-2019, 03:12 PM

14,072 posts, read 8,818,601 times
People who will "vote Dem because of Trump" are the real geniuses around here.
"The country is doing better, American people are doing better, I have a better job that pays more money, but still.... there is that orange, liar, racist, womanizer, Nazi, old White man thing I keep hearing. And Robert De Niro doesn't like him much, so I guess I'd better....."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or