U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2019, 10:38 AM

14,622 posts, read 8,076,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Yikes! Wow.
Perhaps you haven't been looking at polling of Independents...who tend to align vastly more with the liberal and moderate ends of things.

I won't give links...knowing that you are good at using "the google".....

Independents are 42%, Dems approx 30% and GOP closer to 26%

Another headline could be "only 1/4 of Americans like the GOP". Try that.
Bingo and perfection. The Independents pretty much determine the elections. Even more interesting is The Hill reporting that Trump's approval ratings slipped from 87% in July to 79% in August among Republican's and is down among Independents. Source: The Hill Polls show Trump approval rating softening among GOP, Independents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2019, 10:46 AM

27,762 posts, read 16,073,047 times
I think more and more people are getting independent. This is what data has shown. This maybe bad news for Democrats, but I don't see it being good news to Republicans. Republicans since I have become a voting member of the U.S. populous has become more and more driven towards the right. I mean look at how heated abortion and even trans rights are getting from the religious right. Based on Trump, the defense of Trump, the defense of Kavanuagh (even by rape victims like Sen McSally) and the Arizona Republican Party attempt to deny mail-in ballot counts to get Martha McSally in the Senate based on "the will of the people" rather than appointment, the Republican party can stick it.

Old 08-25-2019, 10:47 AM

46,608 posts, read 18,521,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Mad that someone else figured out your right wing spin zone? Sad!
Bless your heart. Your side is losing son. You are example why.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
.... white nationalism ......
i.e. Let's hate Whitey. No political party is going to survive with that message.

Old 08-25-2019, 10:57 AM

14,622 posts, read 8,076,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
People who will "vote Dem because of Trump" are the real geniuses around here.
"The country is doing better, American people are doing better, I have a better job that pays more money, but still.... there is that orange, liar, racist, womanizer, Nazi, old White man thing I keep hearing. And Robert De Niro doesn't like him much, so I guess I'd better....."
Well actually our income taxes were better under Obama, and I'm noticing a sharp increase in prices at the grocery store. I'm happy for you that you're making more money. That's a good thing, but just about everyone who isn't in the upper income bracket that I talk to isn't doing better. Ask them about the increase in their medications. A water melon now costs between $6 and $7 dollars here. My dog's food went up from around $80 cents for a small can to $1.09 a can. Talk to our Midwest farmers about how well they're doing. I for one would rather go back to our tax base under Obama.

Old 08-25-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Only if they are walking away from Trump.
They obviously are walking away from crazed Democrats who are telling them the world is ending in 12 years, that illegal aliens should be given rights over Americans, their wars, their hatred for Whites.

Walkaway is real.

Old 08-25-2019, 02:35 PM

27,762 posts, read 16,073,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
They obviously are walking away from crazed Democrats who are telling them the world is ending in 12 years, that illegal aliens should be given rights over Americans, their wars, their hatred for Whites.

Walkaway is real.
Yes walkaway is real FOR BOTH Democrats AND Republicans. I don't know why Republicans are in denial that Trump isn't a long-term strategy for a viable party.

Old 08-25-2019, 02:52 PM

11,356 posts, read 11,121,999 times
Quote:
. No political party is going to survive with that message.
You just found out about that in 2018 and you're about to find out again next year that the gop should have avoided putting a white nationalist in the big house. Divider in chief has damaged the nation and the gop for years to come

Old 08-25-2019, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Yes walkaway is real FOR BOTH Democrats AND Republicans. I don't know why Republicans are in denial that Trump isn't a long-term strategy for a viable party.
According to that OP, The GOP is larger now than when Trump was elected. Meanwhile the Democrat party shrank. Smaller now than it ever has been.

Working America is leaving the Democrat party in droves. You know it, I know it, the only difference is the willingness to admit it.

Old 08-25-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:

Working America is leaving the Democrat party in droves. You know it, I know it, the only difference is the willingness to admit it.
And pretty much anyone with education above high school is anti trump. The exit polls show it

Old 08-25-2019, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
You do understand that CA completely legalized what this one activist in NC was accused of doing, right?
You do realize it was still illegal in NC right and the Republicans are the ones that broke the law, right? And weren't just harvesting right?

https://www.wfae.org/post/mitch-mcco...gal-california

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/two...election-fraud

Let me know when california legalizes forgery and filling out someone else's ballot.

Honestly, that's pretty much the only way Republicans are probably going to get votes at this point considering how many have fled the party or are in hiding under trump

Last edited by chopchop0; 08-25-2019 at 06:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or