U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 02:55 PM

12,864 posts, read 14,136,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Some might watch it, but to blame CNN for it, in this case, it doesn't make sense. When you consider cable subscription rates by race, it doesn't make sense. When you consider the rate Blacks watch CNN relative to other news networks, it really doesn't make sense.

You can go into a ghetto and find Blacks who hate Whites, many who don't have cable. And I'm also willing to bet that many Blacks who watch CNN live in predominantly White areas and are middle class. Those are all of the Black CNN viewers that I know. Actually, the vast majority of CNN viewers that I know are White, and very often married to other White people.

Much of the hatred that is going on existed before CNN existed. And it will exist when CNN goes away.

I never said they were the sole source of the problem. They are merely reinforcing the hatred that existed. And that is certainly not a good thing. I think on that, we can all agree. A world with less hatred is a better world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2019, 03:21 PM

1,255 posts, read 430,116 times
He was not raciest, he was mentally ill ..Don't judge all minorities by a single man with a brick.

Only if if its a white man with a gun .

Old 08-24-2019, 04:26 PM

7,018 posts, read 6,308,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Is CNN now State TV? Are you saying that people are not responsible for their actions? I hold people accountable for the aggression they apply against another person. Hate is learned at a young age and fostered by those adults around them.
CNN? Gee, and I thought that all this black hate was because of all this evil rap music they listen to.

This dude has probably watched as much CNN as he has Lawrence Welk re runs.

Old 08-24-2019, 05:12 PM

8,795 posts, read 1,995,393 times
There's no such thing as a “hate crime.”

Old 08-24-2019, 05:20 PM

12,408 posts, read 7,067,327 times
The alleged hate crimes committed by this cowardly, young, black man assaulting old white people and a young white woman aren't on the front page of the national news. wonder why? of course, we know why. black racism doesn't fit the msm narrative.

Old 08-24-2019, 05:24 PM

5,637 posts, read 1,413,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Exactly. You notice I don't blame white supremacy on FOX News. It comes from hateful attitudes being passed down to the kids. As for this Black guy who hates Whites enough to commit hate crimes, I'll put it this way. He likely was taught to hate White people by other Black people. Or, there is another side. I knew one Black guy many years ago, who had some resentment towards Whites. He didn't grow up in the ghetto. He lived in areas that were about 90% White. I'm wondering if his experience with Whites had something to do with his disdain for Whites.

The moral is this. Blaming CNN or FOX News ignores much bigger problems in society.
Why WOULD you blame white supremacy on Fox News?

Only one? Let's be honest here. Black kids have been taught their whole lives that whites are out to get them. It's like when I lived in the South. They STILL talk about Yankees, blah, blah, blah. I was from Ohio and I didn't spend my whole life talking about a war that happened over a hundred years before I was born. We never even thought about it.

Old 08-24-2019, 05:34 PM

1,289 posts, read 272,137 times
This just seems like local news.

Old 08-24-2019, 06:26 PM

398 posts, read 57,926 times
Black folks can be racist, and black folks can commit hate crimes. Happens quite a lot, actually.

It is only another broken narrative of the victimization industrial complex that suggests hate crimes are a "white" phenomena, or that there's an increase in white-perpetrated hate crimes due to Donald Trump. In fact, white people commit hate crimes at rates lower than their percent of the population.

It's smoke and mirrors, and the statistics do not bear out the narrative (as usual). There's an agenda, and it's up to us to continue to educate people on how to spot the agenda and destroy the narrative that seeks to cast white (men especially) as a menace to society. Even by omission the implication is that white men are on the prowl. For example, I saw an article about the death of "trans women of color"... with the implication that "Trump's America" is causing this... thus, white men. When in fact, a profile of the victims and victimizers shows white men noticeably absent from these crimes... and the coverage they receive. Instead, the innuendo persists to drive that wedge against white America and create a scenario of "black and brown against the town."

Teach your kids to spot the bias, and don't be dumb enough to buy it yourself. The division is poison.

Old 08-24-2019, 06:27 PM

25,399 posts, read 9,886,503 times
Question: Is there such thing as a "hate crime"?

Survey says...

Source: https://media1.tenor.com/images/f11b...temid=12864220

Old 08-24-2019, 06:30 PM

771 posts, read 136,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Question: Is there such thing as a "hate crime"?

Survey says...

Source: https://media1.tenor.com/images/f11b...temid=12864220

All crime is hate. If only all crime was treated equally - but some of it so very well weaved into the culture that no one notices or even cares.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies