U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:39 PM

11,174 posts, read 4,153,147 times

Advertisements

You probably thought it was too early to start speculating about the 2024 presidential race, didn't you?

Bwahahaha!
Quote:
Haley-Pence rivalry heats up as GOP weighs post-Trump future

At a time when Republicans are starting to contemplate what their party will look like after Donald Trump leaves office, a rivalry has developed between the two politicians who cut markedly different profiles — and signs of strain are bubbling to the surface.

Pence and Haley aren't openly sniping: Publicly, both sides maintain there's nothing but mutual respect between them. But interviews with nearly two dozen top Republicans revealed that the opposing camps are closely tracking each other's moves, and remain deeply suspicious of one another.
Vice President Mike Pence and former United Nations ambassador Nikki Haley are clearly the very early front-runners for leadership of the Republican party post-Trump. In fact, it is hard to see who among the Democrats could contend with a Pence/Haley ticket.

In fact, the pot-stirers have been trying to get a rumor going that Trump is interested in the possibility of replacing Pence with Haley as his VP candidate in 2020. But this is just more 'Fake news'.

Anyway, these two appear to be the future of the Republican party, after Trump. Of course there will be others who make a move, including probably Mick Mulvaney and Mike Pompeo. In fact, between these four, I like Pompeo.

Stay tuned....

Last edited by Spartacus713; Yesterday at 02:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:42 PM

8,196 posts, read 4,180,207 times
I don't think Haley's a frontrunner. She's a Bush kind of Republican.

Old Yesterday, 03:05 PM

574 posts, read 113,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post

That seems right. Old school. Boring.

If there was a God, I'd give John Bolton the job. Imagine the uproar.

Old Yesterday, 03:08 PM

5,051 posts, read 2,045,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
You probably thought it was too early to start speculating about the 2024 presidential race, didn't you?

Bwahahaha!
Vice President Mike Pence and former United Nations ambassador Nikki Haley are clearly the very early front-runners for leadership of the Republican party post-Trump. In fact, it is hard to see who among the Democrats could contend with a Pence/Haley ticket.

In fact, the pot-stirers have been trying to get a rumor going that Trump is interested in the possibility of replacing Pence with Haley as his VP candidate in 2020. But this is just more 'Fake news'.

Anyway, these two appear to be the future of the Republican party, after Trump. Of course there will be others who make a move, including probably Mick Mulvaney and Mike Pompeo. In fact, between these four, I like Pompeo.

Stay tuned....
Pence is destined to end his career as a Vice-President... 2024 is all Haley's if she wants it!

Old Yesterday, 03:15 PM

13,919 posts, read 8,750,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Pence is destined to end his career as a Vice-President... 2024 is all Haley's if she wants it!
That's pretty much the way I see it.
I think Pence is done after 2024.

Old Yesterday, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post

I agree. Just another white hair guy who can read a script. No there there.

Old Yesterday, 03:23 PM

11,174 posts, read 4,153,147 times
What do you guys think about current Secretary of State and former CIA Director Mike Pompeo?

Old Yesterday, 03:24 PM

5,051 posts, read 2,045,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberrySoup View Post
I agree. Just another white hair guy who can read a script. No there there.
Not to mention, it will be lit watching that "special place in hell" fill up as Democrats attack a woman!!!

Old Yesterday, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
What do you guys think about current Secretary of State and former CIA Director Mike Pompeo?

I think he looks too much like Alex Jones.

Old Yesterday, 03:33 PM

18,859 posts, read 9,218,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
I agree. She's somewhat attractive, but more an Establishment Republican type. No thanks. Kimberly Guilfoyle would get my vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or