U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-24-2019, 07:36 PM
Status: "Team Red = Team Blue" (set 14 days ago)
 
Location: SM
26,397 posts, read 10,190,970 times
Reputation: 10124

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Three cheers for capitalism.
Team Blue probably feels betrayed by Donald Marx for this outrage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-24-2019, 07:36 PM
 
8,036 posts, read 2,842,148 times
Reputation: 3158
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
How many places like this exist in the USA, as well as workers capable of working in these places? Hardly any, unless you count all the illegals I suppose. I know leftists think anyone can do this work, and they are right to a point. But not just anybody can make these kinds of things with speed, quickness and efficiency. We lost all that a very long time ago. When it comes to industries like these and the people interested in working in these industries, leftists have said shame on you and good riddance.
Hmm. Seems POTUS is a liar and hypocrite and has fooled you. Act honorably and admit it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2019, 07:41 PM
 
Location: Eastern NC
19,985 posts, read 18,118,918 times
Reputation: 17816
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Hmm. Seems POTUS is a liar and hypocrite and has fooled you. Act honorably and admit it.
They never will much like Trump will never admit he made a mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2019, 07:44 PM
 
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan
13,053 posts, read 14,279,797 times
Reputation: 13876
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Hmm. Seems POTUS is a liar and hypocrite and has fooled you. Act honorably and admit it.

How exactly did he fool me? Please explain. President Trump is not the reason America is not competitive manufacturing 75% of what the world wants to buy. Leftists have taught young and impressionable minds that manufacturing jobs are bad. Instead, leftists suggest we should have an economy built on trading hamburgers and health insurance policies to one another. Almost like they said "hold my doobie, I got this! and started randomly destroying once strong and prominent industries in the USA.


What we are left with today are generally businesses devoted to proving a service, but not producing anything of physical value. Why? Because the communist government realized long ago they needed to be able to produce things of physical worth in order to project power and gain respect. You need to be able to do this in order to build a strong army and nation. The commies learned more from history than your average leftist.


Trump is not the reason most everything is made in China. It's all about the money. Literally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2019, 07:45 PM
 
Location: Rutherfordton,NC
15,421 posts, read 9,444,767 times
Reputation: 10246
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
These items are made by a private company, not his own. Logic fail.

Aside from that, Trump and his supporters never denied where his products are made. They are made where it is most profitable to make the item, like the rest of the business world. Most people start a business with the main goal of making a profit.

Thankfully, Trump is actually making a change to the business environment, giving other nations and peoples a chance to compete. It may even lead to a resurgence of much of that work being done in America. We can only hope.
Itís his fault because he knows and isnít doing anything about it. Period. IF Trump was TRULY about things made here he wouldnít let them use his name. Again Trump doesnít care and neither do his supporters just more lame arse excuses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2019, 07:50 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
8,772 posts, read 2,071,776 times
Reputation: 1733
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Team Blue probably feels betrayed by Donald Marx for this outrage.
Donald Marx.

I'm taxing that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2019, 07:56 PM
 
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan
13,053 posts, read 14,279,797 times
Reputation: 13876
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
It’s his fault because he knows and isn’t doing anything about it. Period. IF Trump was TRULY about things made here he wouldn’t let them use his name. Again Trump doesn’t care and neither do his supporters just more lame arse excuses.

He is doing something about it. He is placing tariffs on the goods made in China, until other countries, including our own, have a chance to compete. To be fair, Obama did the same thing, but he targeted mostly steel with a 500% increase in tarrifs. We were never buying much steel from China. Only about 20% was coming from China. Trump had the guts to place tariffs on the finished goods. That woke the commies up almost instantly. Trump is not playing around with them the way scared Obama was.

Trump has done more to change where things are being made than pretty much any president besides Clinton when he signed NAFTA, and when China was designated as our primary trading partner.

Mind you, we hear an abundant amount of belly aching from the left because Trump is making a difference and standing up to China and their unfair trade practices. Tons of lefties wanted someone to do what Trump is doing, but they desperately wanted that someone to be a leftist like them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2019, 07:58 PM
 
8,036 posts, read 2,842,148 times
Reputation: 3158
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
How exactly did he fool me? Please explain. President Trump is not the reason America is not competitive manufacturing 75% of what the world wants to buy. Leftists have taught young and impressionable minds that manufacturing jobs are bad. Instead, leftists suggest we should have an economy built on trading hamburgers and health insurance policies to one another. Almost like they said "hold my doobie, I got this! and started randomly destroying once strong and prominent industries in the USA.


What we are left with today are generally businesses devoted to proving a service, but not producing anything of physical value. Why? Because the communist government realized long ago they needed to be able to produce things of physical worth in order to project power and gain respect. You need to be able to do this in order to build a strong army and nation. The commies learned more from history than your average leftist.


Trump is not the reason most everything is made in China. It's all about the money. Literally.
Well lets see, Trumps own businesses you chinese products. Thats one.

Number two is even if you drive manufacturing out of China it will go to Viet Nam, Taiwan or Bangladesh. In fact that is ALREADY happening.

Trump is playing a con.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2019, 08:03 PM
 
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan
13,053 posts, read 14,279,797 times
Reputation: 13876
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Well lets see, Trumps own businesses you chinese products. Thats one.

Number two is even if you drive manufacturing out of China it will go to Viet Nam, Taiwan or Bangladesh. In fact that is ALREADY happening.

Trump is playing a con.

I would rather do business with countries that are not working to undermine the USA's best interests. Buying products made by slaves in a communist country is not part of the USA's best interest, nor do I consider it virtuous or right. Trump is making major changes that are driving business away from the commies, and towards freer countries. I support that 100%


And once again, the products shown by the OP are not Trump's products. He has no right to tell the business where they must get the work done. He is putting tarrifs/taxes in place that will encourage USA businesses to go somewhere besides China, but he is not a dictator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2019, 08:05 PM
 
Location: Rutherfordton,NC
15,421 posts, read 9,444,767 times
Reputation: 10246
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
He is doing something about it. He is placing tariffs on the goods made in China, until other countries, including our own, have a chance to compete. To be fair, Obama did the same thing, but he targeted mostly steel with a 500% increase in tarrifs. We were never buying much steel from China. Only about 20% was coming from China. Trump had the guts to place tariffs on the finished goods. That woke the commies up almost instantly. Trump is not playing around with them the way scared Obama was.

Trump has done more to change where things are being made than pretty much any president besides Clinton when he signed NAFTA, and when China was designated as our primary trading partner.

Mind you, we hear an abundant amount of belly aching from the left because Trump is making a difference and standing up to China and their unfair trade practices. Tons of lefties wanted someone to do what Trump is doing, but they desperately wanted that someone to be a leftist like them.
Try and stay on topic please. The topic is Trumpand his merchandise not being made here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top