U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-25-2019, 01:47 AM
 
Location: AZ
2,323 posts, read 475,191 times
Reputation: 1022

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
This is my thread. Go start your own thread.
Thereís no rule against discussing a farcical thread; if you donít want to have a real discussion, donít start one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-25-2019, 02:03 AM
 
7,800 posts, read 4,450,435 times
Reputation: 10132
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
You can't even comprehend what I am saying. You misinterpret the things I say either intentionally, or perhaps you simply can't comprehend written text. For example, I stated that the president stated Antifa was a terrorist organization. That's it. And you go on about how you feel about his opinion. But the fact remains, the president of the USA declared them a terrorist organization, and that is fact, end of discussion.


You don't have to agree with what he said, but he definitely did say it. Millions of Americans recognize and acknowledge what he thinks, regardless of your lesser opinion of him or his supporters. To argue against the fact that he made this declaration is simply proving, you are not worth arguing with because you lack the mental capacity to carry on intelligent debate. You are genuinely a waste of time.

Notnamed, if the guy was carrying a weapon, than he got exactly what he had coming to him. But that very same day, Antifa was caught carrying pipes and throwing hammers. The police did make a number of arrests, and many people were found to be carrying a wide range of dangerous weapons. I believe the media is largely to blame for this madness, because they were pumping this event up like it was a sports or WWE event.
Many in Antifa are women and teens who are reacting to the provocation of grumpy older men who want a chance to beat them up. The leaders donít hide this. Proud Boys have been arrested because they deserve it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2019, 02:04 AM
 
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan
12,970 posts, read 14,202,754 times
Reputation: 13751
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
There’s no rule against discussing a farcical thread; if you don’t want to have a real discussion, don’t start one.

Antifa is a domestic terrorist organization, according the president of the USA. Fact. Obviously, the thread is not as farcical as you claim, since the man holding the highest office of the USA would agree 100% with my statement and belief. You are a nobody. Your opinion is not worth the skid marks found on your underpants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2019, 02:10 AM
 
Location: AZ
2,323 posts, read 475,191 times
Reputation: 1022
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Antifa is a domestic terrorist organization, according the president of the USA. Fact. Obviously, the thread is not as farcical as you claim, since the man holding the highest office of the USA would agree 100% with my statement and belief. You are a nobody. Your opinion is not worth the skid marks on your underpants. You lose. Thus making you, a loser. Congratulations, you meet the most basic qualification to join PANTYfa.
It looks like Iíve hurt someoneís feelings.

Iím sorry that asking for actual, verifiable, proof, has upset you in such a manner. I guess I donít understand what itís like to *never verify the information that I consume*; I canít begin to imagine how difficult it must be for you.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2019, 03:00 AM
 
Location: California
30,912 posts, read 33,830,194 times
Reputation: 26398
Of course they are. Stupid, silly, wannabe nazi hunters. Jesus, just looking at their "costumes" makes me cringe. Also, if you see a group of people out and about in in a crowd dressed like them just assume their goal is to harm you...and act first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2019, 08:58 AM
 
19,327 posts, read 7,607,843 times
Reputation: 8382
It is no coincidence Antifa is, fortunately, only acting out in a few, non open carry environments. I do think, although am not wishing, there may be a SYG opposing POV reaction at some point. In the same manner that, the lawlessness of the NYC streets and subways of the era made a Bernie Goetz incident hardly surprising.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2019, 09:03 AM
 
13,331 posts, read 10,210,408 times
Reputation: 16840
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
Trashy people defend antifa. Honestly antifa doesn't ever manage to engage proper fascists or right wingers.


I don't condone violent methods. But antifa stands for anti-fascists. They are not trying to engage them. They are trying to fight them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2019, 09:04 AM
 
11,356 posts, read 11,124,455 times
Reputation: 5641
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I don't condone violent methods. But antifa stands for anti-fascists. They are not trying to engage them. They are trying to fight them.
Do you expect right wingers to be any more honest about antifa than they are about anything else? I don't
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2019, 09:16 AM
 
5,177 posts, read 2,076,365 times
Reputation: 2375
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I don't condone violent methods. But antifa stands for anti-fascists. They are not trying to engage them. They are trying to fight them.
Leftists have always been good at hiding behind noble sounding oxymorons; but their actions always betray them.

To paraphrase Shakespeare - "A turd by any other name would smell as foul".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2019, 09:25 AM
 
6,475 posts, read 2,756,168 times
Reputation: 2391
Antifa is a non existent boogeyman made up.
They do not exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top