Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 07:49 PM

2,180 posts, read 639,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
We fought with communists against fascists. No matter how much we like to portray ourselves as the heroes that won the war, they did most of the work. Then we let the military-industrial complex go to town with the Cold War for no real reason. Nuclear countries are not ever going to have an all out war and if they do nothing will matter.

We fought with the communists out of convenience, and then quickly spent the next several decades fighting proxy wars and containment as communism killed untold tens and tens of millions. For many in eastern Europe, the Soviets were no better an experience than the Nazis.

And we didn't fight fascism because we thought fascism was bad. If Hitler wasn't greedy and didn't invade allied nations we would have been perfectly happy trading and existing with Nazi Germany. Recall that we didn't invade Spain or Portugal during the same time period, and both countries had fascist regimes that lasted past WW2.

Old 08-24-2019, 08:30 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,491,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Most villains in movies, video games, and other forms of entertainment hide behind masks. The same is true of Antifa and most all their members when they demonstrate. Coincidence??? I don't see many conservatives or conservative activist hiding behind masks. Only fringe extremists like those who belong to the KKK, which is disavowed by most conservatives. I never see KKK or Neo Nazi apologists coming out to defend them the way leftists defend Antifa and their no good actions.
New to the board? There are plenty posters on here that will espouse the white way of life.

Old 08-24-2019, 08:38 PM

29,795 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
New to the board? There are plenty posters on here that will espouse the white way of life.

By all means, lets have some examples. I'm curious to see.

Old 08-24-2019, 08:51 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
ACORN!
BENGHAZI!
HIPPIES!
COMMUNISTS!

The Right simply cannot debate politics above an 4th grade level so they always have to trot our their newest propaganda and act as if it is the "worst thing in the world".

Meanwhile, their hero is a puzzy grabbing fraud who has cost us trillions....

One of these things is not like the other...see if you can guess which one?

Ask the FBI, CIA, Homeland Security of ANYONE who studies the issue. Right wing extremists, whether with masks or not, have killed and wounded 100's in the last couple of years.

How many people has Antifa murdered?

No one is buying this stuff so why keep repeating it? Don't you think a modern country deserves to intelligently discuss real issues of important to everyday people? Or it just a matter of what fear you can gin up?

I fear it's the later. Hopefully more young and decent people will come out in next election and elevate our politics to things that matter.

Old 08-24-2019, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Meanwhile, their hero is a puzzy grabbing fraud who has cost us trillions....

Touchy grabby fraud? Sounds like Biden At least Trump favors women of legal age, and not young, innocent girls.

By the way, the USA was in emmense debt when Trump took office. Not his fault the previous guy set the nation up for failure, and pushed equities into bubble territory with QE. Now the USA and fed has no ammo to fight a recession, because we spent it all making the last guy look like a winner.

Old 08-24-2019, 09:01 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
antifa puts a sour stain on democrats similar to racist conservatives on republicans

Old 08-24-2019, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-M-O View Post
I'll accept Antifa as villains if only you include the Proud Boys.

Some of them surely are. I would expect some are neo Nazis and KKK. These groups are fringe elements, and many losers are welcomed in with open arms, because they are playing the numbers game. The more members they have in their ranks when demonstrating, the more likely they are to win whatever fake war they are pretending to fight. This goes for both sides.

But this thread is not about the proud boys. It is about Antifa.

Having said that, actions speak louder than words, and Antifa is usually the one to throw the first punch. You can spew all the hate you want, we have laws protecting free speech. We do not defend people for going out and starting fights because the beliefs of others are different, unpopular, whatever.

If Antifa would have left the proud boys alone and let them demonstrate, they would have been better off, and would be viewed more favorably as a whole. But they have poor self control, and no respect for laws, rules or authority. Civilization means nothing to them because many want outright anarchy.

So yes, Antifa are villains as far as I'm concerned. They seem to want to turn my country into a trash heap, and I think it is our best interests to reject their message and plans for the future.

Old 08-24-2019, 09:08 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,491,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
By all means, lets have some examples. I'm curious to see.
Are you incapable of using the search function? If you actually care about truth you will exercise some effort.

Old 08-24-2019, 09:09 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Anti fa wouldn't exist without the reprehensible Nazis, fascists and white supremacists who provoke them to begin with

Old 08-24-2019, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
antifa puts a sour stain on democrats similar to racist conservatives on republicans
But the democrats have plenty of racists too. Possibly more than the republicans have. After all, it is the dems who constantly bring up the color of one's skin every time there is an argument about anything. Is that cool with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Anti fa wouldn't exist without the reprehensible Nazis, fascists and white supremacists who provoke them to begin with
So Antifa was created by fascists in the USA. Well, I agree with you there, Antifa are the fascists after all. Didn't know they were white supremacists but nothing would surprise me in this day and age of insanity. We have seen plenty of videos showing how Antifa treats black people who don't buy into their message of hatred.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies