U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:19 AM

14,359 posts, read 6,219,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
My GUESS that even in a country like Sweden, they are still ostracized and have family issues.

I'd like to know how they rate compares with trans people who have not had surgery.
I suspect they’re both very high. But this surgery probably hurts and requires so much in hormone therapy, castration and adding a hole that the MTF trans has to maintain so it doesn’t close, removal or addition of breasts, and I don’t know what to redirect the urinary tract on either sex. And then they probably find most people will not date them once they find out about their birth sex.

How is any of that going to help? It would be like a person identifying as a horse and then they did surgery to cut off hands and add hoofs. That’s not going to help. Wouldn’t it just be better to dress as the whatever you identify as and not get radical surgery?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:22 AM

3,949 posts, read 780,764 times
So if I want to get a sex change operation I can't afford, I should rob a bank and will win either way. Either I get away with it and use OPM money for the operation: or I get caught and use OPM for the operation. Win-win!

Old Yesterday, 06:26 AM

18,911 posts, read 9,233,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
So if I want to get a sex change operation I can't afford, I should rob a bank and will win either way. Either I get away with it and use OPM money for the operation: or I get caught and use OPM for the operation. Win-win!
We now live in La-La Land.

Old Yesterday, 06:28 AM

14,359 posts, read 6,219,943 times
Quote:
Yes, thatís the long and short of it, at least in the 9th Circuit.

Old Yesterday, 06:46 AM

27,942 posts, read 17,874,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
A decision by the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals agreed with a federal judge, who had ruled last year that denying the surgery for inmate Adree Edmo violated the constitution because it amounted to cruel and unusual punishment.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...court-transgen
Fortunately for the people of Idaho, our governor isn't a complete moron and has vowed to take this to SCOTUS for a decision to be made. The people of the state are pi**ed about being told to pay for elective surgery to pander to a sex offender.

Old Yesterday, 01:34 PM

5,218 posts, read 1,027,859 times
Quote:
Up the ante: what if you wanted both a sex and race change?

Old Yesterday, 01:35 PM

15,891 posts, read 13,765,562 times
Yet we got people fund raising for cancer treatment and organ transplants...

Old Yesterday, 01:38 PM

30,441 posts, read 15,777,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I suspect theyíre both very high. But this surgery probably hurts and requires so much in hormone therapy, castration and adding a hole that the MTF trans has to maintain so it doesnít close, removal or addition of breasts, and I donít know what to redirect the urinary tract on either sex. And then they probably find most people will not date them once they find out about their birth sex.

How is any of that going to help? It would be like a person identifying as a horse and then they did surgery to cut off hands and add hoofs. Thatís not going to help. Wouldnít it just be better to dress as the whatever you identify as and not get radical surgery?
Nobody is born with their brain chemistry saying they are a horse.

People are born with their brain chemistry gender not matching their physical gender.

Old Yesterday, 01:39 PM

Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,468 posts, read 14,194,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Cannot be sure, but think this happened before in California. State responded by simply paroling inmate in question, thus reliving them of any further obligations to provide medical care.

Thing is even if released Idaho might still be on the hook regardless. They did join Medicaid expansion created under Obamacare, and that scheme now pays for gender reassignment proceedures/treatments if deemed medically necessary. If this person qualifies for Medicaid in Idaho they could travel to another state and have the procedure done their on Medicaid dime. Here in New York they are coming from all over the country.
sorry but CHOOSING to change your sex, based on how you 'feel' today,... is not a medial necessity

Old Yesterday, 01:45 PM

15,891 posts, read 13,765,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Nobody is born with their brain chemistry saying they are a horse.

People are born with their brain chemistry gender not matching their physical gender.
Gender is a social construct...right? Or not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or