U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:33 PM

7,617 posts, read 4,372,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Lowering the interest rates has to do with our trading partners in the rest of the world. They are in a recession and have lowered rates this make the value of the dollar higher. Our higher dollar makes our exports more expensive, and makes it harder for us as a whole country to compete with other countries. The drop in interest rates would make the value of the dollar lower.

With so many countries stuggling with weak economies, weakening their currency to help boost their economy has been a popular tactic.
That's Trump's spin.

Have you looked at actual exchange rates? I'm not seeing a big spike anywhere. Where should I be headed on vacation to live like a king for a week?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:51 PM

11,140 posts, read 2,899,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homelessinseattle View Post
Negative interest rates now!
Thats the only reason why the economy is doing so well lately too, its really 'artificial/fake'.

Old Yesterday, 10:02 PM

20,753 posts, read 8,946,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The economy is slowing, so lower interest rates increases liquidity.

Obama cut interest rates to nearly zero for the same purpose.

It was "great" when Obama did it. Now it is "stupid" when Trump does it.
A president has no control over the federal reserve

Old Yesterday, 10:16 PM

213 posts, read 44,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
YEs and if you peruse my posts, I have said that I believe a down turn is imminent. 10 year recovery, 108 months of positive job growth -- it is bound to happen.

But the trade war is impacting global economics and stability....it just is.

If the USA is successful in hurting the CHinese economy it will hurt the world economy which....wait for it....wait for it....will impact our economy,

China economy running on a globalist scale, while America becoming more isolationist...China can disregard US now and work with the rest of the world and will be just fine with their long term outlook and not having to satisfy a "base". The president is getting a real-time lesson that a market economy seldom follows orders...learning the painful truth that the White House doesn't run the world economy which is a large multifaceted animal that runs on its own.

Old Yesterday, 10:26 PM

22,804 posts, read 11,763,939 times
The fact is Trump came close to admitting his trade war is a bad idea. He hopes loose fiscal and monetary policy will cover his ass. Meanwhile my 401K is stagnant.

Old Today, 06:33 AM

5,648 posts, read 1,417,346 times
Quote:
Why is the world economy slowing do you think?

hint hint instability caused by trade wars......hint hint hint hint hint hint........
So our economy is doing great but our trade wars are killing Europe? Yeah, that makes sense.

Old Today, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Anything he claims to be doing for the good of the country is actually to benefit himself first and foremost. He doesn't give a rat's ass about this country nor the people in it.
I'll take this one, Bob.

What a stupid comment. Trump didn't have enough money so he became President? If you EVER watch him, he truly cares about this country. You can watch videos of him for 30 years ago talking about how the world takes advantage of the US. He talks about how American leaders sold out to China (which they did). It's utterly laughable to say he is doing it for his OWN interest. Clintons, on the other hand, got RICH after they left office. Obama, on the other hand, also rich being in public service. I feel sorry for the people who can't see the truth.

Old Today, 06:52 AM

38,944 posts, read 15,283,229 times
I also feel sorry for people who can't see the truth.

If you want to see how the Clintons and the Obamas made their money, check their tax returns. Last I checked, years and years were posted.

If you want to know how Trump made his money, well you have little to go on but his BS.

It is likely that Trump's attempts to bully the feds into lowering interest rates is not only for himself but also for Carl Icahn, etc.

Because the economy is going great guns. Right? Best economy ever. Lowest unemployment rate in the history of the universe. ...

So no need to lower interest rates for the economy. Things are swell with the economy.

Old Today, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Why is the world economy slowing do you think?

hint hint instability caused by trade wars......hint hint hint hint hint hint........
So now the world's entire economy is being wrecked by Trump? Do you know how ridiculous you Trump haters sound?

Old Today, 04:16 PM

9,014 posts, read 7,844,633 times
This thread just shows how poor our education system is and the amount of fake news in the msm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or