U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 03:11 PM

15,468 posts, read 13,503,128 times

Advertisements

With the media having to cut staff due to loss of ad income and subscribers, it's going to have to more than ever put out whatever news and opinion it thinks will sell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:20 PM

6,678 posts, read 2,025,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Like we didn't already have enough to worry about, with water destroying the ocean, and oxygen destroying the air. Now this...

He really doesn't understand that in America the "media" and "free press" mostly mean the same thing?

It's like saying "The air is destroying the sky."

Old Yesterday, 05:24 PM
AFP

6,953 posts, read 4,326,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
As much as I hate it when I have to agree with our Tweeter-in-Chief, the current media is destroying the free press. The fourth estate is supposed to be the purveyor of truth and instead has become an arm of propaganda. I’m not talking about those who are clear that what they are saying is opinion, I talking about the ones spouting opinion and claiming it is reporting or “news” entities that selectively report or not report stories based on a bias.

No matter how much you dislike him, it is not balanced reporting if 90+% of all stories of a sitting president are negative. He meets with people receiving awards, he holds Easter egg hunts, he signs feel good things, economic numbers for certain demographics have improved, and so forth. The “news” entities in our nation have put themselves in a position where a concerningly large percentage of the nation no longer believes them, let alone trusts them.
He also lies an average of 20 verifiable lies daily. But then again, I wouldn't expect you as a supporter to notice that little detail.

Old Yesterday, 09:52 PM

20,753 posts, read 8,946,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
Trump is correct. People need to also learn the difference between the free press and the fake news MSM.
Trump doesnít like anyone reporting his lies. Therefore, fake news to him.

Old Yesterday, 11:03 PM

212 posts, read 44,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post
Yesterday we were watching the PBS show by Rick Steves "The Story of Fascism in Europe." He hosts a travel show on PBS and in this show we just saw he goes to the places where fascism began, talks to people about how it came about and how it could happen again. One of the things that came up in the show was how they got rid of the press. This is relevant to today. All these attacks on the press aren't for our benefit. Personally I wouldn't mind if this show ran 24 hours a day right now. It needs to be seen. What happened in the past could happen again.

Saw that too...attacks on the press happened with Hitler in 1933 before the holocaust...people seem to forget past history. May it never repeat itself!

Old Today, 12:32 AM

39,817 posts, read 48,234,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump doesnít like anyone reporting his lies. Therefore, fake news to him.
^^So true. The media tells it like it is and the rw nuts with their heads buried in the sand are in sociopathic denial when they believe the 'chosen one.'

Old Today, 12:39 AM

15,034 posts, read 12,466,891 times
Trump is right and the left know heís right. Poor cry babies.

Old Today, 12:58 AM

11,278 posts, read 11,053,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Trump is right and the left know heís right.
Trump hates being called out on his daily buffet of lies. Biggest crybaby of them all

Old Today, 05:30 AM

6,602 posts, read 3,430,144 times
A former democrat, Iíve now been an independent for well over a decade. Although I currently
lean conservative, I want our country to have two strong and healthy parties for the checks and balances it needs.
But when the vast majority of a coumtryís media, education system, entertainment industry, social media and now corporate wall street is mostly run and deeply biased by only one ideology and political party that enormous imbalance of power is not healthy for a country....

Old Today, 06:01 AM

18,891 posts, read 9,226,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
A former democrat, Iíve now been an independent for well over a decade. Although I currently
lean conservative, I want our country to have two strong and healthy parties for the checks and balances it needs.
But when the vast majority of a coumtryís media, education system, entertainment industry, social media and now corporate wall street is mostly run and deeply biased by only one ideology and political party that enormous imbalance of power is not healthy for a country....
^^^^^This. Just about all of our institutions are now Far Left Progressive Democrat. Education, Entertainment, Media, Social Media, Government, Tech, and most of Corporate America. It is not healthy at all when you are looked askance for being either Centrist or a bit right of center.

It is frowned upon culturally in all of these institutions to have diverse opinions and views. If you are not 100% lock step Progressive you are demonized and ostracized. There is NO TOLERANCE, nor inclusiveness for even moderate conservatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or