U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 01:54 PM

5,139 posts, read 1,921,362 times

Advertisements

Donald Trump is certainly trying his best to destroy the free press.
Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:59 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,148,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The fact that ALL of these media outlets remain Far Left Progressive Democrat supporters, even after huge viewership and revenue losses is all I need. Comcast held Biden's kick off fundraiser for this election, Brian Roberts, their CEO was an Obama bundler, financier, and friend. Connect the dots. Nothing is changing. CNN, NBC, MSNBC have witnessed Fox's success. Why haven't they become more balanced and copy Fox's winning formula? It is because their ownership wants a propaganda outlet.
I have to agree. Corporations got tax cuts under Trump, and the majority of the media are still leaning far left and against Trump. They just hate him because they are "fake news"? Or is there more behind it? $500 Billion in annual trade deficit is an awful lot of money....Chinese manipulation anyone?

Only 6 corporations control 90% of the media.
https://www.webfx.com/data/the-6-com...ost-all-media/

Last edited by rkcarguy; Today at 02:25 PM..

Old Today, 02:32 PM

52,484 posts, read 42,196,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The fact that ALL of these media outlets remain Far Left Progressive Democrat supporters, even after huge viewership and revenue losses is all I need. Comcast held Biden's kick off fundraiser for this election, Brian Roberts, their CEO was an Obama bundler, financier, and friend. Connect the dots. Nothing is changing. CNN, NBC, MSNBC have witnessed Fox's success. Why haven't they become more balanced and copy Fox's winning formula? It is because their ownership wants a propaganda outlet.
Oh please, FOX isn't balanced...they cater to the right.

The others cater to the left.

Just because you're to the right of Zebra in the the dictionary doesn't make FOX the middle.

Old Today, 02:33 PM

52,484 posts, read 42,196,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Donald Trump is certainly trying his best to destroy the free press.
Clutch those pearls baby!

Old Today, 04:47 PM

30,738 posts, read 20,282,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
As much as I hate it when I have to agree with our Tweeter-in-Chief, the current media is destroying the free press. The fourth estate is supposed to be the purveyor of truth and instead has become an arm of propaganda. I’m not talking about those who are clear that what they are saying is opinion, I talking about the ones spouting opinion and claiming it is reporting or “news” entities that selectively report or not report stories based on a bias.

No matter how much you dislike him, it is not balanced reporting if 90+% of all stories of a sitting president are negative. He meets with people receiving awards, he holds Easter egg hunts, he signs feel good things, economic numbers for certain demographics have improved, and so forth. The “news” entities in our nation have put themselves in a position where a concerningly large percentage of the nation no longer believes them, let alone trusts them.
In those graphics, it revealed the problem journalism faces. Some key findings:

The press led institutions for which the public has the lowest confidence.

Of all demographic groups, only Democrats expressed a positive confidence in the press.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...ay-for-stories
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or