U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2019, 03:48 PM

11,283 posts, read 11,053,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Put up or shut up chopchop0!

You wrote that "Trumps says" he may cut these things and, when called on it, now claim Trump is just a Republican puppet.

You don't get to lie, put words in Trump's mouth he didn't say and then pretend like it doesn't matter that you lied.
So you still won't admit trump lied on healthcare and tax reform, but somehow I'm supposed to believe that he won't go along with the GOP to cut Medicare and ss, even though he has proven himself to be nothing more than a GOP puppet so far.

Got it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2019, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
They have completely lost it.
I guess it is rain to you

Old 08-25-2019, 04:05 PM

463 posts, read 211,338 times
Oooops, Was the link posted to much of a shock for some ? https://www.ssa.gov õ history õ 35act

Social Security was not for financially well people to have, to take an annual vacation or save for a couple years to buy a new car with etc. (as many think or use as)

Social Security should be cut back to it's original purpose. Then there would be no SS crisis.

It was never intended as personal Insurance you get a portion back at a certain age for extra $. (as most think)

It was put into effect as a Social Insurance Program to try to keep the destitute, old, disabled etc. off the streets.

Which is where our issue/problem with the homeless is now.

Old Yesterday, 02:59 AM

7,436 posts, read 3,828,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
As for 9-11, IMO we lost that day as soon as Bubba viewed the 1993 WTC attacks as a crime vs as a terrorist attack, Mid-East origin based.

The rogue terrorist uses our freedom, plus our vast square mileage size, against us. I see no answer there, and no military could assist in finding one. Freedom has costs, also.
It was Gomer Bush who failed to read or ignored his President`s Daily Briefing of Aug. 6 2001 warning that Bin Laden was determined to strike in U.S. It was Bill Clinton`s fault?

https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.ph..._Briefing_Memo

Old Yesterday, 03:16 AM

34,724 posts, read 41,916,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Amen. This is what they do, day after day after day after day. Ever since Trump won the election.See what I mean. They have completely lost it.
Are you going to be happy about giving up your Social Security and Medicare?

Old Yesterday, 05:01 AM

30,414 posts, read 15,771,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedintime View Post
Oooops, Was the link posted to much of a shock for some ? https://www.ssa.gov õ history õ 35act

Social Security was not for financially well people to have, to take an annual vacation or save for a couple years to buy a new car with etc. (as many think or use as)

Social Security should be cut back to it's original purpose. Then there would be no SS crisis.

It was never intended as personal Insurance you get a portion back at a certain age for extra $. (as most think)

It was put into effect as a Social Insurance Program to try to keep the destitute, old, disabled etc. off the streets.

Which is where our issue/problem with the homeless is now.
Let's also cut it back to all it's original limits.

Old Yesterday, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
It was Gomer Bush who failed to read or ignored his President`s Daily Briefing of Aug. 6 2001 warning that Bin Laden was determined to strike in U.S. It was Bill Clinton`s fault?

https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.ph..._Briefing_Memo
Lol.

911 was planned for, trained for and financed during Clinton.

What was Bush supposed to do. Remember how liberals went ape **** when Trump wanted to restrict travel of Muslims from countries with terrorism issues?

Old Yesterday, 05:06 AM

644 posts, read 194,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
America is the richest country in the world and we cant even afford to provide a basic standard of living to our seniors? Instead trillions in tax breaks for the ruling donor class is a priority.

What a disgrace. Never any money for a decent public safety net for seniors, the disabled, the sick and the poor, but always money for tax breaks, military spending and more prisons.
Nobody told companies to dump pensions and switch to 401Ks which are totally useless. Thatís a major reason for issues with seniors. I literally havenít adjusted or looked at my 401K in 7 years and Iím 38. The reason is that my inheritance which will be a measly 2-3 mill in all likelihood by 55 when I retire is gonna be more than I can ever get in my 401K anyway

Old Yesterday, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
Nobody told companies to dump pensions and switch to 401Ks which are totally useless. Thatís a major reason for issues with seniors. I literally havenít adjusted or looked at my 401K in 7 years and Iím 38. The reason is that my inheritance which will be a measly 2-3 mill in all likelihood by 55 when I retire is gonna be more than I can ever get in my 401K anyway
Lol.

How incredibly ridiculous.

Old Yesterday, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Are you going to be happy about giving up your Social Security and Medicare?
About as happy as the only permanent tax cuts going to corporations probably, and the trillion dollar annual deficits for the next decade to pay for them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or