U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2019, 04:12 PM

3,501 posts, read 2,387,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
This is Trump's version of polling. Throw something out and if it gets applause at his rally or big talk on talk radio, he sticks to it. Does not mean he will actually do it. This was a trial balloon.

He does this all the time, because he doesnt have a clue on what to do. But he'll tell you he's a genius at what ever it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2019, 05:11 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,024,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
If you were born disabled and couldnt work and reliant on Medicaid for your health and survival, I think you'd sing another tune. Dont you think so too?
What about when you get old and have been paying 2.9% of your pay into the system for 45 years; wouldn't you object to promised benefits being cut.

Did you know that there around 75 million people on medicaid and roughly 10 million are disabled. Sure; keep the medicaid for disabled people. Tell me why you think seniors that have been paying into the promise of medicare in their dying days should have their healthcare cut so that the 65 million non-disabled people on welfare (Medicaid) can continue on leeching?

Last edited by Wartrace; 08-26-2019 at 05:43 PM..

Old Yesterday, 04:40 AM

8,020 posts, read 3,541,173 times
Lots of the liars followers are trump voters. Wonder what some of these mislead people are going to do without their full benefits.

Old Yesterday, 04:52 AM

5,158 posts, read 1,864,844 times
He better squelch this one quick. Sure a few percent of the nitwits that blindly follow Trump anywhere he leads them will agree to shooting themselves in the foot - but there are a lot more that will take this issue very, very seriously. Makes you wonder whether he really wants to win in 2020.

Old Yesterday, 05:34 AM

11,305 posts, read 11,067,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Lots of the liars followers are trump voters. Wonder what some of these mislead people are going to do without their full benefits.
Go back to work and stop the armchair quarterbacking on CD politics forum

Old Yesterday, 08:09 AM

9,947 posts, read 2,447,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
The Dems have been claiming for decades that Repubs were going to cut SS and Medicare and throw granny over a cliff. .

Has it happened?
No. Because the Democrats have always defended it and voting to disband it would be political suicide in some districts.

It IS policy among the reactionary folks. The average older Trumpie (many of whom would be natural Democrats if they only knew who their political allies really were) wouldn't want that Democratically sponsored program to founder, but powerful forces in the Republican party would destroy it.

Republicans opposed it when it was first created, and they have been trying to kill it off ever since. If you do not know this you have not been a Republican for very long, or at the very least have been out of touch with your party.

Old Yesterday, 08:41 AM

3,501 posts, read 2,387,318 times
Reminds me of a Sanford & Son episode. Grady gets extra SS checks in the mail. Lamont thinks he's crazy saying you cant keep that. Grady says, well when they took it out, my dollar was worth a dollar, now its worth a quarter, so I figure they owe me my check, these 2 and one mo!

Last edited by RcHydro; Yesterday at 08:55 AM..

Old Yesterday, 08:50 AM

35,566 posts, read 19,544,009 times
Lightbulb Trump says he may begin cutting Social Security and Medicare if he wins in 2020

That totally brain-dead statement makes his defeat a certainty.

The DNC sez, "Thanks!"

Old Yesterday, 09:01 AM

19,826 posts, read 12,458,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Sounda good to me.... let these maga retirees/boomers pay for the deficits from billionaire and corporate tax cuts with cuts to their benefits. This Gen Xer never planned on seeing Medicare or SS when he retired anyways

Something tells me trump won't be campaigning on this though

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-says-ma...201130207.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/teresag...rve-the-beast/

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...ederal-deficit
It must be approaching election time. That's when the libs trot out the "republicans will kill medicare and social security" lie again.

The libs really need to get some new material, as the old stuff has worn thin.

Old Yesterday, 12:20 PM

9,011 posts, read 4,014,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Sounda good to me.... let these maga retirees/boomers pay for the deficits from billionaire and corporate tax cuts with cuts to their benefits. This Gen Xer never planned on seeing Medicare or SS when he retired anyways

Something tells me trump won't be campaigning on this though

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-says-ma...201130207.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/teresag...rve-the-beast/

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...ederal-deficit
Unlikely that Trump would want to be remembered as such.
Closing out Obama's name and delivering a real HC plan with his name on it more likely IMO.
Trump knows debt, and our future HC will require gobs of new money!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or