Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2019, 01:31 PM

6,890 posts, read 4,355,621 times

Advertisements

The full SS age is to high as it is. People in physical jobs have their bodies break down, people get sick and disabled. A few on this thread would rather poor and old people starve yet have no problem wasting huge amounts of money on the military, war and think it’s fine for the wealthy to avoid paying taxes.

Old 08-25-2019, 01:34 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,665,357 times
It's established that Trump is crazy. The question is, HOW crazy?

Old 08-25-2019, 01:34 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,661,277 times
This Sunday morning news programs featured the Trump bunch. They were all warning that the old republican plan to end Social Security, Medicare, Medicare and other social programs are back on the table. Trump's real plan to preserve Social Security is to cut benefits and raise the age.

Trump ran on the promise he would preserve SS, Medicare, Medicaid and he got a large number of senior votes because of that promise. Now that Trump has exceeded 12,000 lies why would one more matter? Trump is in deep trouble, recession around the corner, his action against climate change, the largest military budget in the world, and then he gave over a trillion dollars to his buddies. Trump is a rat that is cornered and he will strike out in all directions. That means SS, Medicare, Medicaid are on Trump's hit list.
I don't know of one senior who will vote for him again.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Randall Terry

Old 08-25-2019, 01:41 PM

24,624 posts, read 19,057,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Sounda good to me.... let these maga retirees/boomers pay for the deficits from billionaire and corporate tax cuts with cuts to their benefits.
Your propaganda click-bait links are not even remotely impressive.

In the interest of personal integrity, you should seriously give up your "right" to vote, since you don't understand how government works.

Trump cannot cut Social Security or Medicare in spite of the false claims of your propaganda click-bait links.

No President can cut Social Security or Medicare.

Only Congress can enact laws altering Social Security or Medicare benefits.

Your propaganda click-bait links never attempt to explain why a Democrat-controlled House would enact legislation to reduce Social Security or Medicare.

Why do suppose your propaganda click-bait links never mention the role of the Democrat-controlled House in enacting legislation to make such cuts?

Since your propaganda click-bait links refuse to explain it, why don't you enlighten us and explain why the Democrat-controlled House would do that?

And, really, "Trump's friends say..."?

Are you kidding?

So, the author doesn't really have any credible sources, he's just making things up for propaganda.

Quote:
This Gen Xer never planned on seeing Medicare or SS when he retired anyways
Well, if Generation X-Box is too damn stupid and weak, they deserve it.

The Silent Generation was slammed with a 520% FICA tax increase to make sure Social Security would be there for them.

The Boomers suffered a 71% FICA tax increase to make sure Social Security would be there for them.

If Generation X-Box and Generation Whine can't handle a measly 44.6% increase to make sure Social Security still exists for them, then they can opt-out of life in a manner of their choosing.

Old 08-25-2019, 02:04 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,089,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
In fact, it was Reagan who SAVED Social Security, via prescient reforms to the final retirement age.
Saving Ponzi Insecurity was yet another of Ronnie's biggest mistakes.

Old 08-25-2019, 02:22 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,413,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
IT is true that the OP used a misleading headline to garner interest in this thread.
'
But do you have any comments related to the articles cited?
I did. There is nothing in there by Trump where he said he would cut either program. What's hard about that to understand.

Old 08-25-2019, 02:24 PM

35,375 posts, read 20,752,128 times
Love it. I hope this news goes viral. That set of voters will sink mrT

Old 08-25-2019, 02:33 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,420,027 times
Totally expect him to blurt it out shortley. And for Graham to pronounce
" its about Time"
Theives.

Old 08-25-2019, 02:42 PM

38,607 posts, read 26,241,061 times
Quote:
?????

You think trump is actually going to admit any of that on record?

He'd rather lie and promise things like universal healthcare: https://youtu.be/XQFItVBKlAU

At this point you got a lot of damn nerve calling anyone else a liar!

Your thread title is, "Trump says he may begin cutting Social Security and Medicare if he wins in 2020"

Even the bull **** hit-and-run articles that you posted don't say he said that - though the titles falsely imply that he did.

Nowhere in any of them do they quote Trump saying anything that indicates he plans to cut Social Security or Medicare.

But since you brought it up, wasn't Medicare, the same Medicare that I have been involuntarily paying into for four decades, raided in order to fund Obamacare?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapot.../#3c4e3f16385f

Obamacare: How Is Health Reform Paid For?

Any word on when I'll be getting my $716 billion back?

Old 08-25-2019, 02:44 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,237,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Your propaganda click-bait links are not even remotely impressive.

In the interest of personal integrity, you should seriously give up your "right" to vote, since you don't understand how government works.

Justifying his lies so far by attacking me? How's that tax cut that was supposed to make the rich pay more working out for you?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ng_myself.html

Trump the orange puppet will do whatever the gop Congress wants him to do. Your right wing denial isn't shocking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies