U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 07:41 AM

16,327 posts, read 4,301,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Koch's are Establishment big government. Nothing libertarian about it.
They funded a lot of Hillary's campaign.
What a joke...you know full well we wouldn't even be talking about GOP "leadership" in this country without decades of Koch "astroturf" and lobbying and billions of dollars.

They made the minority...the majority...and you now act as if they were a big nothing.

John Birch Society
Federalist Society
Cato Institute
Americans for Prosperity
Tea Party
ALEC
Largest Lobbying group in DC

They have inserted themselves (paid!) in every aspect of American politics.

We wouldn't even be here talking about this because we'd have the Will of the People in our government - that is, the majority instead of the minority - if not for the Kochs.

Be real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:02 AM

4,778 posts, read 2,968,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
What a joke...you know full well we wouldn't even be talking about GOP "leadership" in this country without decades of Koch "astroturf" and lobbying and billions of dollars.

They made the minority...the majority...and you now act as if they were a big nothing.

John Birch Society
Federalist Society
Cato Institute
Americans for Prosperity
Tea Party
ALEC
Largest Lobbying group in DC

They have inserted themselves (paid!) in every aspect of American politics.

We wouldn't even be here talking about this because we'd have the Will of the People in our government - that is, the majority instead of the minority - if not for the Kochs.

Be real.
so you're saying that liberal politicians are free of influence and are working on behalf of the people? cool story bro.

Old Today, 08:53 AM

8,756 posts, read 1,995,393 times
*Belch

Old Today, 08:58 AM

8,187 posts, read 2,475,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
That entire post is a direct copy and paste...why make your own points when you can hide behind ones concocted by a Bernie Sanders savant?
Mr. Sanders copy & pasted from the 1980 Libertarian Party Platform on which David Koch ran.

Think for yourself for a change.

Old Today, 09:00 AM

25,394 posts, read 9,886,503 times
I wonder if the OP knows that the Federal Reserve, which he happily funds and has no trouble forcing others to fund at gunpoint, also gave Hitler and Stalin money?

I'm an ok businessman if I do say so myself. However, I've never sat down with a client who I knew funded the murders of hundreds of millions of innocents and then proceeded to make a deal with him.

As I've admitted before, I'm kind of an old fashion prude. Maybe not being down with genocide makes me uncool.

Old Today, 09:03 AM

14,054 posts, read 12,766,676 times
lmao! The wikipedia article says the exact opposite.

Old Today, 09:05 AM

30,367 posts, read 15,763,654 times
Someone needs a ladder to get those straws.

Old Today, 09:13 AM

20,155 posts, read 19,150,248 times
I have a crazy relative who is a Libertanian. For work, he sold on ebay while his wife raked in the money from a great job. Just had a baby. Wife lost job. Now they're on Obamacare. Wonder if he still believes this cold hearted Libertarian nonsense now.

Old Today, 09:19 AM

8,187 posts, read 2,475,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I have a crazy relative who is a Libertanian. For work, he sold on ebay while his wife raked in the money from a great job. Just had a baby. Wife lost job. Now they're on Obamacare. Wonder if he still believes this cold hearted Libertarian nonsense now.
+1+ for the realness.

Personally, I question libertarianism's sincerity in supporting a limited or minimal state, or no state at all, when the objective/goal is not in fact to get rid of, or 'shrink' the state; they simply seek to replace the state with private for-profit corporations.

Old Today, 09:20 AM

30,367 posts, read 15,763,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I think we should base all policies on such stories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies