U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2019, 12:46 PM

25,616 posts, read 9,935,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Prior to WW2 any number of US families had some sort of dealings with Germany and Russia either selling them stuff, buying stuff from them and so on and so forth.

If not them, then Japan or a host of other countries.

Basically, the OP's thesis is at least 2 if not 3 layers deep in hackneyed internet meme stupidity.

Anyone disagreeing with me on this....is worse than Hitler.
The fianancers of all the wars in the 20th century do sanctioned business in lower Manhattan on the daily with no prosecution from the U.S. government.

Of course to be consistent Sammy would have to prosecute not only its master, the Federal Reserve, it would have to prosecute itself.

We've entangled ourselves in a dark and inhumane system (statism), my friends. "Getting clean" requires a complete dismantling and rebuild.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2019, 12:55 PM

16,539 posts, read 4,348,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The fianancers of all the wars in the 20th century do sanctioned business in lower Manhattan on the daily with no prosecution from the U.S. government.

Of course to be consistent Sammy would have to prosecute not only its master, the Federal Reserve, it would have to prosecute itself.

We've entangled ourselves in a dark and inhumane system (statism), my friends. "Getting clean" requires a complete dismantling and rebuild.
Well.....there are a couple problems there.

First, I think we agree (??) that our populace is not, by and large, ethical and educated and singularly focused on what it wants or needs the end result to be. Without a baseline, there is no map to rebuilding.

Secondly, our populace (and most others, frankly) would not make such a sacrifice even if it were called for. As we learned in construction, demolition is the easy part. But doing Step 1 without Step 2 would be a nightmare of which we could never imagine......

But let's pretend we had a moral populace. First, many would divest themselves from Arm Makers instead of heavily investing in them to "make money". That would slow down a lot of the Wall Street part and said companies would probably focus on the civilian sector until and unless actual physical war came.

Said populace, in my dreams, would show up by the millions in DC or their local protests weekly until a certain thing was done. One of these things might be to end the profiteering in Arms. That's basically what made Harry Truman well know as during WWII he headed the committee making sure that the Industrialists didn't rip off the people (taxes, the government).

Greed and Selfishness are powerful motivators. Add fear to that...and then mix with Billions in propaganda put forward by any interest that has the bucks....and you have the system we built.

Old 08-26-2019, 01:04 PM

7,192 posts, read 2,609,117 times
Nice to see Boer still pissed off about the few of us here who refuse to accept his statist paradigm.

I love these weekly screeches.

Old 08-26-2019, 01:04 PM

15,975 posts, read 13,795,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
Fred Koch.... the original big money in the Koch Dynasty made his fortune helping Stalin and the Nazis

The modern libertarian movement is primarily funded by this original fortune that Fred Koch provided via his collaboration with Joseph Stalin and Adolf Hitler

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_C._Koch

https://youtu.be/lv7_Hx9QY-Y

https://youtu.be/7vWdRYpRbgI
Yes, he had some involvement in enterprises in the USSR and Nazi Germany before those two entities became the global menaces they became...your point?

Lots of people/businesses were involved, in the 20's and early 30's, nothing really happened regarding conflict.

Old 08-26-2019, 02:01 PM

Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,510 posts, read 14,211,749 times
Quote:
Fred Koch.... the original big money in the Koch Dynasty made his fortune helping Stalin and the Nazis

The modern libertarian movement is primarily funded by this original fortune that Fred Koch provided via his collaboration with Joseph Stalin and Adolf Hitler

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_C._Koch

https://youtu.be/lv7_Hx9QY-Y

https://youtu.be/7vWdRYpRbgI
Hitler and Stalin are the granddaddy's of the modern American liberal

Old 08-26-2019, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
Hitler and Stalin are the granddaddy's of the modern American liberal
Hitler and Stalin are bricks in the wall in the long tradition of statism.

Fixed it for ya.

The bill is in the mail.

Old 08-30-2019, 10:28 AM

752 posts, read 386,387 times
I just thought you guys would like to know about where the financial backing came from

Old 08-30-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
I just thought you guys would like to know about where the financial backing came from
Lost the thread, didn't ya?

Old 08-30-2019, 02:03 PM

10,072 posts, read 4,508,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Hitler and Stalin are bricks in the wall in the long tradition of statism.

Fixed it for ya.

The bill is in the mail.
This I agree with. Either extreme right wing or extreme left wing equals statism.

Old 08-30-2019, 04:17 PM

30,311 posts, read 16,703,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
This I agree with. Either extreme right wing or extreme left wing equals statism.
And everything in between.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies