U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 01:19 PM
 
639 posts, read 171,746 times
Reputation: 629

Advertisements

Quote:
But you worship a man who sites on a golden toilet, in a gold tower, with gold wallpaper, and gold furniture...but "he's just for the common man". What a joke.
You people are just unbelievable. What did Obama or even Bush do for the common man.
‘Nothing” they both were globalists that put America last!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM
 
16,351 posts, read 4,308,715 times
Reputation: 11506
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
When you have jobs coming back. Wages will naturally increase due to demand for workers. No government intervention required....economics 101.
I'm still waiting on the trickle down from the Bush cuts and then the Trump cuts.

Do you know what?

NEITHER EVER HAPPENED.

Your economics 101 is completely wrong. Proven wrong. What happens...and what HAS happened, is that things revert to the lowest common denominator. If Individual A will work for $10 an hour, the job is not going to pay $20, even if "A" isn't making a living.

The only way workers (at the lower end) EVER get better wages is by organizing - or by benevolent employers. Costco, for example, pays over $20 an hour. They could choose to pay $15 and fill all positions.

I speak as an employer. I always paid much more than I had to (like Costco) because I believed in a living wage. But if I didn't care about my employees and just wanted a Mansion and Yacht, I would have paid less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM
 
639 posts, read 171,746 times
Reputation: 629
Quote:
I speak as an employer. I always paid much more than I had to (like Costco) because I believed in a living wage. But if I didn't care about my employees and just wanted a Mansion and Yacht, I would have paid less.
What about all the blue collar construction/boat workers building that mansion and Yacht. It helps them does it not. See how your argument falls apart...Trickle down economics does work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:35 PM
 
Location: Middle of the ocean
32,332 posts, read 20,384,851 times
Reputation: 46659
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
When you have jobs coming back. Wages will naturally increase due to demand for workers. No government intervention required....economics 101.
If you have not done well in the past 5 years, then you will not probably do well at all.


We are coming out of the good economy and probably moving into a bad one.

And what does this have to do with our youth?

Now Trump and his ilk are saying we are going to feel some pain from the tariffs (duh). Who is that going to hurt? Blue collar working people.
__________________
____________________________________________
My posts as a Mod will always be in red.
Be sure to review Terms of Service: TOS
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Last edited by Mikala43; Yesterday at 01:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:38 PM
 
5,406 posts, read 3,085,650 times
Reputation: 3287
People are growing out of religion while science is being more accepted. As well as when you factor in religious nutcases. Most people would rather stay away.

Patriotism comes off as a religion on itís own. An extreme religion where the president is essentially your god and if you donít fall in line your either a communist or a terrorist.

Having less kids because itís cheaper. In todayís ecomony, makes sense. Thanks previous generations..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:53 PM
 
Location: Boston, MA
11,819 posts, read 8,394,729 times
Reputation: 5873
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Team Red's SJWism is so cute.

Leave it to Beaver at gunpoint. Bet even Eddie Haskell didn't see that coming.
Can you explain what you mean by this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:56 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
8,804 posts, read 2,003,826 times
Reputation: 1715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
It's actually a form of tribalism, and can be a positive if it helps people work together towards common goals, commerce, defense of the nation, and other thing necessary for survival. We are a country for a reason. If we weren't, we'd just be a territory with stuff for others to take.
Tribalism is a good thing as long as said tribe is voluntary.

Unfortunately, nations are inherently involuntary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:57 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
8,804 posts, read 2,003,826 times
Reputation: 1715
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Since 2000 America has lost 5 million jobs. So how has globalism helped the working men and women of America.
Show me where I ever defended globalism.

I advocate free-market capitalism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:58 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
8,804 posts, read 2,003,826 times
Reputation: 1715
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
...why do you keep siding against the US worker because of Trump?
Why do you keep siding with the U.S. government rather than capitalist entrepreneurs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:59 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
8,804 posts, read 2,003,826 times
Reputation: 1715
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
No government intervention required....economics 101.
Yet Trump is trying to interfere in the affairs of private businesses.

Looks like you both failed economics 101.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top