U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 09:37 AM

10,058 posts, read 4,708,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Well, I'd rather that the most powerful man in the world not ask MORONIC questions.

But if he has a moronic thought in his head, I'd think it's best that he expresses it so it can be corrected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:09 AM

32,334 posts, read 20,384,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Would you rather the guy with the codes NOT ask questions?
Except I didn't say that. I would prefer if the person with the nuclear codes be a tad..... smarter?

I'm also irked at the response he got "we'll look into that", why not just tell the correct answer? We have Presidents, not kings. I believe staff have a responsibility, or course Trump only wants "yes" men.

Which is horrible, when you have as much power as him, you want people to challenge your ideas.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old Today, 10:19 AM

10,058 posts, read 4,708,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Except I didn't say that. I would prefer if the person with the nuclear codes be a tad..... smarter?

But if he didn't ask the question, you wouldn't know if that proved he was too smart to harbor the idea or too smart to ask the question out loud.

Old Today, 10:20 AM

11,298 posts, read 6,603,490 times
TDS sufferers will believe anything.

Old Today, 10:22 AM

7,487 posts, read 1,703,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
TDS sufferers will believe anything.
Yes, every member of the media not working for Fox or Breitbart is lying. Credible, award-winning journalists that have been in the biz for decades are ALL lying, and Trump, a man who cheated on all three of his wives, is always telling the truth.

LOL

Old Today, 10:26 AM

5,068 posts, read 2,047,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Yes, every member of the media not working for Fox or Breitbart is lying. Credible, award-winning journalists that have been in the biz for decades are ALL lying, and Trump, a man who cheated on all three of his wives, is always telling the truth.

LOL

Dan?.... Dan Rather, is that you?

Old Today, 10:30 AM

39,455 posts, read 20,602,853 times
Didn't read or hear this being said but haven't we all wondered why they can't put off a bomb in the eye of a storm to disrupt it. I also watched a documentary after that explaining whey it wouldn't work.

Old Today, 10:30 AM

32,334 posts, read 20,384,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
But if he didn't ask the question, you wouldn't know if that proved he was too smart to harbor the idea or too smart to ask the question out loud.
You can defend him all you want. This is acceptable to you, and I understand that.

It is not acceptable to me, in any form in how you present it.

Dubya was not the sharpest tool in the shed, but at least he realized it. Trump thinks he is a genius, and THAT is dangerous.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old Today, 10:42 AM

35,558 posts, read 19,535,976 times
Talking Stable genius? I report. You decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
From the OP's link:

The big picture: Trump didn't invent this idea. The notion that detonating a nuclear bomb over the eye of a hurricane could be used to counteract convection currents dates to the Eisenhower era, when it was floated by a government scientist.

The idea keeps resurfacing in the public even though scientists agree it won't work. The myth has been so persistent that the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the U.S. government agency that predicts changes in weather and the oceans, published an online fact sheet for the public under the heading "Tropical Cyclone Myths Page."

The page states: "Apart from the fact that this might not even alter the storm, this approach neglects the problem that the released radioactive fallout would fairly quickly move with the tradewinds to affect land areas and cause devastating environmental problems. Needless to say, this is not a good idea."
About 3 weeks after Trump's 2016 election, National Geographic published an article titled, "Nuking Hurricanes: The Surprising History of a Really Bad Idea." It found, among other problems, that:

Dropping a nuclear bomb into a hurricane would be banned under the terms of the Peaceful Nuclear Explosions Treaty between the U.S. and the former Soviet Union. So that could stave off any experiments, as long as the U.S. observes the terms of the treaty.

So, the "stable genius" did not come up with anything new - just a crazed idea that's been discredited for at least 50 years.
B-b-but...

tRump is playing 4 dimensional chess while the scientists can't even understand checkers, fer Pete's sake.

Don't listen to those naysayers who point out that hurricanes are powered by heat and nuclear weapons produce TREMENDOUS amounts of heat (in addition to radioactive fallout) that would actually strengthen those storms and make them even more dangerous.

tRump's on top of this topic.

Old Today, 11:36 AM

5,139 posts, read 1,921,362 times
Just saw the weather forecast for the weekend. Possible showers could interfere with my family barbecue plans. Maybe Trump could nuke the front system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or